The editor's "undo" is broken depending on what you do

Basically I would be typing up something, then click on say making a list or doing a quote, and realized I didn't want that. But when I issue an "undo" (CTRL + Z), the post effectively resets itself. Like I did 10 minutes of work, undo, and I've lost that work. This is getting really annoying when I'm typing up a long post. I've already had to rewrite large portions of a post I'm doing four times.

I don't know what gets it into this state, but I do know it happens most often if I do an undo after putting down a quote or spoiler block.

EDIT: I found out if the editor is in this state, the undo is broken regardless. If it helps, things I've done already in this post I'm writing:

• I am using formatting options
  • I have bullet lists
  • I have a spoiler block
  • I'm using images. However, I've redone the image so I removed it and reuploaded it
    • I suspect this may be causing the issue.

I know this isn't a solution but in the mean time, would hitting redo (control + y) not revert the loss?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

It seems to work for me with the editor as you described

image.png

What browser+OS are you using?

HTTP/2 203

32 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

It seems to work for me with the editor as you described

What browser+OS are you using?

Windows 10 + Firefox

It may not be reliably repeatable, now that I've toyed around with it. But I've had this happen several times in the past. I can't make any guarantees but if it happens again I'll see if I can recall what happened.

43 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I know this isn't a solution but in the mean time, would hitting redo (control + y) not revert the loss?

No, it's like the editor doesn't remember anything other than some initial state it was in.

My only workaround so far is if it's happening is to refresh the page. The editor seems to remember the contents of what you were typing at least.

12 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

No, it's like the editor doesn't remember anything other than some initial state it was in.

My only workaround so far is if it's happening is to refresh the page. The editor seems to remember the contents of what you were typing at least.

Oh, that's very strange indeed.  Well hopefully this will get worked out.  Only other tip I can give would be to write in another app entirely and copy the post across when it's ready.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

10 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Oh, that's very strange indeed.  Well hopefully this will get worked out.  Only other tip I can give would be to write in another app entirely and copy the post across when it's ready.

I now have it in some state where it can undo can't redo. And I literally cannot redo, as in if I go to the Edit menu on the browser, Redo is grayed out after doing an undo.

EDIT: It appears the browser somehow doesn't let me redo, even if I can do it. This is starting to be a very weird thing.

I was going to show a recording through a Game Bar capture, but apparently it doesn't capture menus.

9 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

I now have it in some state where it can undo can't redo. And I literally cannot redo, as in if I go to the Edit menu on the browser, Redo is grayed out after doing an undo.

EDIT: It appears the browser somehow doesn't let me redo, even if I can do it. This is starting to be a very weird thing.

I was going to show a recording through a Game Bar capture, but apparently it doesn't capture menus.

So are you saying you can contrl + y but you can't right click and choose "redo" that way?