Graphics card or wifi

So im trying to upgrade a very old system a dell optiplex gx520 and wait before you start complaning on why im spending money on this pc, let me tell you that at some time im gonna sell this pc so it has to be able to run something at least, on the mean time here is my problem the pc has one pci (not express) slot at the very bottom and i want to populate it either with a gpu mainly for gaming or deep learning (just ligth stuff) or a wifi card due to its location i dont have easy access to a ethernet connetion, both im gonna take advantage before selling but wich one its more viable to buy you know for resale because the gpu can give you better graphics and the wifi card more flexibility 

Edit: im gonna change the procesor for something like a pentium or a core 2 duo so by any means i dont spect to run something like crysis

Odd.  I guess it depends on the form-factor, but the spec sheets for the GX520 show a PCI-E slot in there.  I guess they could be reusing model numbers though and you have a really old unit.

1 hour ago, Kkdeelefante said:

one pci (not express) slot at the very bottom and i want to populate it either with a gpu

good luck finding an acceptable legacy pci GPU.

PCI Graphics card are all about 15 years old by now. It's not worth the bother or the money to find one unless you're going out of your way to make a retro build.

I'd only use regular PCI at this point if I was forced to run a really old I/O card or a dial-up modem.  Other than that...meh.

8 hours ago, PineyCreek said:

Odd.  I guess it depends on the form-factor, but the spec sheets for the GX520 show a PCI-E slot in there.  I guess they could be reusing model numbers though and you have a really old unit.

It is the small form factor model so no pci-e slot

1525023015240261776824.jpg

8 hours ago, BeefyMeats said:

mTIPeTW.jpg

Yeah i know i dont need wifi if i have a dongle and that is how i have it til today but for sake of simplicity it comes handy a wifi card 

why tf would wanna upgrade a Celeron D system? the Celeron D was garbage even when it came out.

Best of myself(1000th post)

Vista

Core i5-8400

8GB DDR4

GTX 1050ti

1TB 7200RPM HDD
MSI H310M PRO-VD

EVGA 450BT

Cooler Master masterbox lite 3.1

Arctic Cat

Core 2 quad q8200

8GB DDR2 ECC

GTX 550ti

1TB 7200RPM HDD

Dell precision t3400 motherboard

10 hours ago, Kkdeelefante said:

So im trying to upgrade a very old system a dell optiplex gx520 and wait before you start complaning on why im spending money on this pc, let me tell you that at some time im gonna sell this pc so it has to be able to run something at least, on the mean time here is my problem the pc has one pci (not express) slot at the very bottom and i want to populate it either with a gpu mainly for gaming or deep learning (just ligth stuff) or a wifi card due to its location i dont have easy access to a ethernet connetion, both im gonna take advantage before selling but wich one its more viable to buy you know for resale because the gpu can give you better graphics and the wifi card more flexibility 

Dell OptiPlex GX520 - MT
CPU Intel Celeron D 326 / 2.53 GHz (single core)
RAM  512 mb DDR2 400Mhz
HHD 80gb

I am normally not much of an elitist, but dude selling this system to someone would be a crime. Even the garbage man might reject it. Don't rip people off and claim it can game

i7-8700k @ 4.8Ghz | EVGA CLC 280mm | Aorus Z370 Gaming 5 | 16GB G-Skill DDR4-3000 C15 | EVGA RTX 2080 | Corsair RM650x | NZXT S340 Elite | Zowie XL2730 

3 hours ago, AntiTrust said:

Dell OptiPlex GX520 - MT
CPU Intel Celeron D 326 / 2.53 GHz (single core)
RAM  512 mb DDR2 400Mhz
HHD 80gb

I am normally not much of an elitist, but dude selling this system to someone would be a crime. Even the garbage man might reject it. Don't rip people off and claim it can game

we have a few systems at work that are a few generations newer than that, due to their value we decided to strip them and put them on a pallet to recycle them, because the recycling company will give us about 90 cents per desktop.

If you're looking for PCI you should definitely check Zotac

They have 520GT and 610 PCI editions

Otherwise there are 8500, 8600GT old models, Ati has 4350, 5450 and I think some 6 models out, all PCI

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

That CPU is going to bottleneck any video card you put in the system, dont waste money on that and just get the wifi.

Mystery is the source of all true science.

5 hours ago, v0nn_toaster said:

why tf would wanna upgrade a Celeron D system? the Celeron D was garbage even when it came out.

Ok that was my mistake im gonna change the cpu for a pentium d or a core 2 quad if compatible something to pair with that?

16 minutes ago, Kkdeelefante said:

Ok that was my mistake im gonna change the cpu for a pentium d or a core 2 quad if compatible something to pair with that?

that mobo would only support up to a pentium d

CPU: AMD FX 4170 @ 4.7ghz Motherboard: Asus M5A97-R2.0 RAM: 11GB DDR3-1600 GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 780ti 3GB Reference Case: Cooler Master Storm Scout Storage: 1x 250GB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM, 1x 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM, 1x 500gb Hitachi 7200RPM  PSU: Antec Earthwatts 650W Display: Dell U2410 (1920x1200 @ 60hz, 24") Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, 3x 140mm Cooler Master fan Keyboard: Lenovo OEM keyboard (membrane) Mouse: Redragon Centrophorus Sound: Sound Blaster xFi sound card & Marley Good Vibrations headphones Operating System: Windows 10 1809

47 minutes ago, DrAwesome821 said:

that mobo would only support up to a pentium d

even then, the pentium d is still garbage,  just avoid anything with d in the name..

Vista

Core i5-8400

8GB DDR4

GTX 1050ti

1TB 7200RPM HDD
MSI H310M PRO-VD

EVGA 450BT

Arctic Cat

Core 2 quad q8200

8GB DDR2 ECC

GTX 550ti

1TB 7200RPM HDD

7 hours ago, PineyCreek said:

I'll point out @v0nn_toaster that you just responded to @DrAwesome821.  See quote for reference.

But @Kkdeelefante should still get the notification 

Vista

Core i5-8400

8GB DDR4

GTX 1050ti

1TB 7200RPM HDD
MSI H310M PRO-VD

EVGA 450BT

Arctic Cat

Core 2 quad q8200

8GB DDR2 ECC

GTX 550ti

1TB 7200RPM HDD

29 minutes ago, Princess Twilight Sparkle said:

Sell it as is, as a legacy machine for some sort of collector. Don’t bother doing anymore than cleaning it up.

Ok i guess its the more reasonable thing to do