Stress test

Go to solution Solved by Froody129,

I do like 5 minutes while I'm dialing it in, then once you think you've found good settings you let it go for a couple hours to make sure. Also use different tests with actual test software mixed with games and things. 

I do like 5 minutes while I'm dialing it in, then once you think you've found good settings you let it go for a couple hours to make sure. Also use different tests with actual test software mixed with games and things. 

That's an F in the profile pic

4 minutes ago, Froody129 said:

Ok can u help me out with my overclock I have ryzen 5 1400 cpu with stick fan how can I get it to run at 3.8 MHz without crashing I have the voltage at 1.425

1 minute ago, Edward5 said:

Ok can u help me out with my overclock I have ryzen 5 1400 cpu with stick fan how can I get it to run at 3.8 MHz without crashing I have the voltage at 1.425

You dial the voltage WAY back, like back to stock.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Just now, Lurick said:

You dial the voltage WAY back, like back to stock.

Wait why?

2 minutes ago, Edward5 said:

Well the "fun" of overclocking is finding your perfect settings. Your voltage is very high and I seriously doubt the stock cooler can handle that. 

I'll help tomorrow if you still need help

That's an F in the profile pic

Just now, Edward5 said:

Wait why?

That is on the very high side and I would say extremely high side just to hit 3.8GHz, most people seem to hit around 3.9 to 4.0 GHz around the 1.35 to 1.37 mark. Dial the voltage back to stock, increase it by 0.05v and test that way.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

So basically start all over to try to get the Max output of my cpu. So I won’t be able to get 3.8mhz

So basically start all over to try to get the Mac output of my cpu. So I won’t be able to get 3.8mhz

You want to get the max out of the CPU without having to set the voltage above stock and then increase the voltage by a little bit and bump the frequency up at the same time until it's stable. Make sure to manually set the voltage so the motherboard doesn't do that automatically since they generally go way too high.

Edit:

Generally speaking you don't want to go above the 1.35 to 1.40 mark and I would almost say anything above 1.35 on the stock cooler is pushing it.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, Lurick said:

You want to get the max out of the CPU without having to set the voltage above stock and then increase the voltage by a little bit and bump the frequency up at the same time until it's stable. Make sure to manually set the voltage so the motherboard doesn't do that automatically since they generally go way too high.

Ok about to do it

2 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Edit:

Generally speaking you don't want to go above the 1.35 to 1.40 mark and I would almost say anything above 1.35 on the stock cooler is pushing it.

So I can get a 3.8 MHz with lower voltage?

Just now, Edward5 said:

So I can get a 3.8 MHz with lower voltage?

Definitely should be able to and I'm thinking that the voltage being so high was causing part of the problem.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Just now, Lurick said:

Definitely should be able to and I'm thinking that the voltage being so high was causing part of the problem.

So I also set the dram frequency to stock

What should I set the dram voltage to?

Just now, Edward5 said:

So I also set the dram frequency to stock

DRAM can probably be left alone but if you set it to stock then you should be good. You definitely need to set the VCORE/VDDR_CPU to static since that's the CPU voltage.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

What should I set the dram voltage to?

DRAM should stay at 1.35V but CPU should start at about 1.25 or 1.275 and go up from there as needed.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

2 minutes ago, Lurick said:

DRAM should stay at 1.35V but CPU should start at about 1.25 or 1.275 and go up from there as needed.

It passed Cinebench on all auto with 3.8 MHz 

It passed Cinebench on all auto with 3.8 MHz 

That's a good start. Now try setting the voltage manually for the CPU and see where it stands. The more voltage you add the more heat you produce so the less you can get away with the better :)

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Just now, Lurick said:

That's a good start. Now try setting the voltage manually for the CPU and see where it stands. The more voltage you add the more heat you produce so the less you can get away with the better :)

So I don’t run a Aida64 stability test?

So I don’t run a Aida64 stability test?

And do I increase the voltage or decrease

And do I increase the voltage or decrease

Run AIDA64, see what happens but I would set the voltage from Auto to Manual and put the CPU at about 1.275, maybe 1.3 and run the tests again. If it's stable then dial the voltage down by about 0.05 or 0.1 and try again. If it's not stable then bump it up by 0.05 or 0.025 and try again. Basically go down until you're not stable then dial it back up just a bit and you're generally set or up until you're stable :)

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

3 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Run AIDA64, see what happens but I would set the voltage from Auto to Manual and put the CPU at about 1.275, maybe 1.3 and run the tests again. If it's stable then dial the voltage down by about 0.05 or 0.1 and try again. If it's not stable then bump it up by 0.05 or 0.025 and try again. Basically go down until you're not stable then dial it back up just a bit and you're generally set or up until you're stable :)

I ran the stress test at auto and it crashed at 5 min

Just now, Edward5 said:

I can’t the stress test at auto and it crashed at 5 min

Well if the voltage is at auto it could be pushing it too high and causing the system to crash. Try setting it to manual like I mentioned and trying again. I would also suggest something like HWMonitor to check temps and whatnot while the stress test is running. That can help give you an idea of what's running at what voltage when on Auto and what temps are like.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, Lurick said:

Well if the voltage is at auto it could be pushing it too high and causing the system to crash. Try setting it to manual like I mentioned and trying again. I would also suggest something like HWMonitor to check temps and whatnot while the stress test is running. That can help give you an idea of what's running at what voltage when on Auto and what temps are like.

I did have hwmonitor on temps got up to 60c 

and the voltage for the cpu was at 1.440 I put it manually at 1.275v like u said and I’m about to see what happens