Apple fans going into clauses about why Apple doesn't have to fix Linus' Mac Pro

Just now, Jtalk4456 said:

And you consider core 2 usable in this day and age?

The Core 2 Quad is. Specifically the Q6600.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

The Core 2 Quad is. Specifically the Q6600.

maybe the quad, maybe. But only for very basic web browsing after replacing the hdd with a ssd and using a fresh install of win 10 with no bloatware. 

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

2 minutes ago, Jtalk4456 said:

For the average Joe a C2D would suffice fine lmao

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

2 hours ago, Jtalk4456 said:

absolutely. i have a laptop with an i5 520m which is roughly on par with a Core2Duo e6600, windows 10, no SSD, 4 GB ram and it still runs perfectly fine as a low demand browsing machine and can stream videos just fine both from the internet and over my home network.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

14 minutes ago, Sierra Fox said:

absolutely. i have a laptop with an i5 520m which is roughly on par with a Core2Duo e6600, windows 10, no SSD, 4 GB ram and it still runs perfectly fine as a low demand browsing machine and can stream videos just fine both from the internet and over my home network.

Hell riding off this my previous laptop had an SP9400 (right around Pentium E5200 or so I believe), 2GB of RAM, and an SSD and it was great, albeit on Windows 7 because of driver support. If you threw something like Xubuntu on it and ironed out the Latitude quirks it'd be a fine little guy even with a normal HDD.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

5 hours ago, Jtalk4456 said:

Core 2s are fine, great even, just for a Joe Shmoe browsing machine. They know their place in the market. You slap em in a dirt cheap desktop so you can look at cat videos and Facebook. Hell, I still have a secondary rig with a C2D E6600 and that thing's doing great.

"There is a fine line between not listening, and not caring. I'd like to think I walk that line every day of my life."

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X w/stock cooler, Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PLUS, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 24gb DDR4-2600, GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER XC, Case: NZXT S340, PSU: Corsair RMx 750w, Keyboard: Corsair K50, Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

Having worked at the Genius Bar for more than a year i know that sometimes depending on the mood of the so called "Genius", service can be denied for no particular or valid reason. Maybe try another apple store?

29 minutes ago, VDizzy said:

Having worked at the Genius Bar for more than a year i know that sometimes depending on the mood of the so called "Genius", service can be denied for no particular or valid reason. Maybe try another apple store?

given that this has been picked up by various websites (with apple bias, sure) and apple have not changed their mind, means their decision is unlikely to change by just speaking to someone else

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

17 minutes ago, Sierra Fox said:

given that this has been picked up by various websites (with apple bias, sure) and apple have not changed their mind, means their decision is unlikely to change by just speaking to someone else

All the more reason not to buy an apple product.