Need opinion on case fan setup

11killer34
Go to solution Solved by CloroxBleach57,
36 minutes ago, 11killer34 said:

Oh forgot to tell im using currently some other case with 1 front fan, 1 back fan and 1 top fan and its not enough. I already ordered rl06, but not sure if i need top fans :)

Yeah the new case should be fine. 3 front fans and 1 exhaust is all you need, plus the positive pressure keeps the dust out.

Im buying new case RL06. I have question should i install on top 2x140 mm (2x80cfm=160cfm) or 2x120mm (2x53cfm). I am looking for best possible air flow, because i have i7 4790k and gtx 1080 and current setup with 3 fans isnt good enough, i get to high temperatures when i run graphic card and cpu stress stimultanetly.

cooling.png

4 minutes ago, 11killer34 said:

Im buying new case RL06. I have question should i install on top 2x140 mm (2x80cfm=160cfm) or 2x120mm (2x53cfm). I am looking for best possible air flow, because i have i7 4790k and gtx 1080 and current setup with 3 fans isnt good enough, i get to high temperatures when i run graphic card and cpu stress stimultanetly.

cooling.png

Go watch gamers Nexus reveiw of this case. They test all the possible configurations and will let you know which is best. I would link but I'm on mobile ATM.

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Try without the fans when you buy the case, as it comes with them. If it doesn't work well enough, you can buy fans.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

If you have such an expensive build, maybe go for a slightly larger case and water cool your CPU so you don't have to worry about that anymore. I would front mount a 280 or 360mm radiator on your case, this will not effect GPU temps very much. You can learn more about why front rads are better here. As for top exhaust fans, probably not necessary.

As for the video card, use a program such as EVGA Precision or MSI Afterburner to change the fan curve on your card. Out of the box, most fan curves won't go higher than 50-80% speed no matter the temperature of the card. This means your GPU may also be throttling before the fans are maxed out, which is terrible for performance. Hope this helps!

"Shashabooey" - Po

2 minutes ago, CloroxBleach57 said:

If you have such an expensive build, maybe go for a slightly larger case and water cool your CPU so you don't have to worry about that anymore. I would front mount a 280 or 360mm radiator on your case, this will not effect GPU temps very much. You can learn more about why front rads are better here. As for top exhaust fans, probably not necessary.

As for the video card, use a program such as EVGA Precision or MSI Afterburner to change the fan curve on your card. Out of the box, most fan curves won't go higher than 50-80% speed no matter the temperature of the card. This means your GPU may also be throttling before the fans are maxed out, which is terrible for performance. Hope this helps!

I Agree if you want to have the best cooling

Just now, Razerlob said:

I Agree if you want to have the best cooling

Yeah but it might be loud if you have the reference model...

"Shashabooey" - Po

I have gtx 1080 strix A8G. And have problem that my cpu is currently overheating because of high temperature air in case. Radiators are no go, because im little bit on budget already. I just bought hyper 212 evo so, yeah. Question is if i need top fans and if yes which would be better :)?

Wow I like that case, just took a look at it, you should be fine with the stock fans. The case doesn't have restricted airflow on the front like SOME CASES *cough box lite 5 cough.* That in mind, your airflow should be more than enough.

"Shashabooey" - Po

Oh forgot to tell im using currently some other case with 1 front fan, 1 back fan and 1 top fan and its not enough. I already ordered rl06, but not sure if i need top fans :)

36 minutes ago, 11killer34 said:

Yeah the new case should be fine. 3 front fans and 1 exhaust is all you need, plus the positive pressure keeps the dust out.

"Shashabooey" - Po

1 minute ago, CloroxBleach57 said:

Ok thanks :)

Just FYI, PSU fans are always intake. PSU will blow its exhaust to rear.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

What are your temps?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.