Airflow help with Meshify-C.

I'm trying to spec out a build for a little more than a console, going for $6-700. Basically, I want to go with the Meshify-C for a number of reasons, but airflow is a big one. The Meshify-C is one of the only cases for under $100 that allows airflow from more than just the top and bottom of the front panel which I like. I will be using this in a pretty small room as a theater/light gaming rig, so I'm going with an AIO. Basically, I'm wondering how to maintain positive pressure, and looking for fan recommendations. I would go for RGB, but if the fans aren't RGB black would be nice. Any advice on how to set up the airflow would be really useful, because I really want to find a way to stick with the AIO I have picked out.

(PLEASE do not spend a lot of time critiquing the rest of my build unless you have a legitimate alternative).

PCPartPicker:

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/CloroxBleach57/saved/

"Shashabooey" - Po

I wouldn't recommend filling all fan sots as some air will get pulled straight out the top once it gets in so maybe miss out the top fan closest to the front(This will help maintain positive pressure). Also, corsair sell a fairly cheap kit of 3 ml fans for £40/$40 on amazon so I would recommend those for rgb otherwise get an rgb aio and stick with the fans from that.

2 minutes ago, Muhabahaba said:

I wouldn't recommend filling all fan sots as some air will get pulled straight out the top once it gets in so maybe miss out the top fan closest to the front(This will help maintain positive pressure). Also, corsair sell a fairly cheap kit of 3 ml fans for £40/$40 on amazon so I would recommend those for rgb otherwise get an rgb aio and stick with the fans from that.

I don't understand how removing an intake fan increases the internal pressure, I intend to have my front fans as intake, top and back as exhaust.

"Shashabooey" - Po

I meant the top fan that's closest the the front not the front fan

The setup would be like an nzxt s340 with all fan slots populated

1 minute ago, Muhabahaba said:

I meant the top fan that's closest the the front not the front fan

Oh sorry about that, that would probably work but I would prefer using the full sized rad. Probably just going to change the fan curve or something.

"Shashabooey" - Po

Good plan. Just make sure that there is enough clearance for the rad at the top as in some mod towers there isn't.

*mid

Good plan. Just make sure that there is enough clearance for the rad at the top as in some mod towers there isn't.

Ok, this is a pretty thin rad so I think it will work. I could also get some really powerful front fans *cough blowiematron cough*

"Shashabooey" - Po

lol. Go with some corsair fans to match. Go with the amazon ones i recommended above if you want rgb. Only other options are probably noctua and ek vardar for better performance if you are willing to pay

Corsair RGB especially with the glass side on the Meshify C, you may also want replacement fans on the AIO from comments i've seen most say the stock fans are loud.

The only thing I can be picky on your build is the single 8GB stick of ram, a 2400G APU would benefit from having at least 3000Mhz dual channel ram for games.

2 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

Corsair RGB especially with the glass side on the Meshify C, you may also want replacement fans on the AIO from comments i've seen most say the stock fans are loud.

The only thing I can be picky on your build is the single 8GB stick of ram, a 2400G APU would benefit from having at least 3000Mhz dual channel ram for games.

I would agree with dual channel but not 3000MHz due to RAM prices. the extra £20-£30 it cold cost is not worth it. I would recommend putting your money into a mass storage hdd as I don't see one on your pc part picker.

I would agree with dual channel but not 3000MHz due to RAM prices. the extra £20-£30 it cold cost is not worth it.

Ryzen is very sensitive to RAM speed, the difference in terms of performance will be much bigger than it would be on an Intel system.

On 4/14/2018 at 3:30 PM, Blademaster91 said:

I'm going with one stick of ram because it's pretty high end, and I don't have the funds for 16GB yet (Maybe if I stretch)? So I'm hoping to buy another one after I've used the build a bit. But thanks for reminding me that I'll need enough ram to handle the CPU and iGPU. I might spring for a 16GB kit.

23 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

Ryzen is very sensitive to RAM speed, the difference in terms of performance will be much bigger than it would be on an Intel system.

Thanks, I might look for better kits. I've never actually bought and built an entire PC before so I'm still pretty new to this stuff.

"Shashabooey" - Po

Drop the AIO and get a cheaper motherboard and you can get faster RAM, which will help the APU a lot. Also that 250gb SSD will get full quite quickly. I'd use a 120gb and get a big HDD. 

This setup will be quite a lot cheaper with the same performance. I know the AIO looks nice but it's complete overkill for the APU and you can get big performance gains elsewhere 

That's an F in the profile pic

13 minutes ago, Froody129 said:

Drop the AIO and get a cheaper motherboard and you can get faster RAM, which will help the APU a lot. Also that 250gb SSD will get full quite quickly. I'd use a 120gb and get a big HDD. 

This setup will be quite a lot cheaper with the same performance. I know the AIO looks nice but it's complete overkill for the APU and you can get big performance gains elsewhere 

I'd stick with 240gb and pay the extra for a hdd. 120gb may not be enough to store all your most played games and applications.Also, he said he wanted to stick with the aio so "Alot cheaper for the same performance" doesn't really apply as performance isn't the entire picture. "For an APU" is invalid too because the APU has an additional vega 11 graphics unit on top of the stock 1400 with a higher clock speed so you will be getting more heat. I'd happily stick with the h100i v2 in this case but drop the motherboard as it costs almost as much as the CPU itself and the only real extra features are sli support (useless in this case) and marginally better OC ability which is not worth the price. An alternative is to get a b350 and put the extra money into faster dual channel ram while keeping the aio.

1 hour ago, Froody129 said:

I might go down to a 140mm radiator but I'm sticking with AIO because this is going in a very small room and needs to be very quiet. I switched the mobo out to the Strix B350-F by Asus because it's about $35 cheaper and has a display port on it. Also more RGB than the other one. I have a 2TB Seagate Barracuda, I meant to mention that. I also have a 2TB WD drive, not sure which to go with. SSD will just be for boot - I might even get a smaller one but that deal was so good. You also probably noticed the overpriced wifi card. That's actually cheaper than the one I originally going to go with from Asus.

"Shashabooey" - Po

7 hours ago, CloroxBleach57 said:

I might go down to a 140mm radiator but I'm sticking with AIO because this is going in a very small room and needs to be very quiet.

Especially for a low power cpu like the 2400G, air cooling is quieter. 

A PR Slim would be much cheaper: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/hyQRsY/be-quiet-pure-rock-slim-351-cfm-cpu-cooler-bk008

The stock case fans are also pretty quiet and should provide plenty of airflow. If you want positive pressure, just run your intakes at a higher rpm than your exhausts.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

13 hours ago, CloroxBleach57 said:

I might go down to a 140mm radiator but I'm sticking with AIO because this is going in a very small room and needs to be very quiet. I switched the mobo out to the Strix B350-F by Asus because it's about $35 cheaper and has a display port on it. Also more RGB than the other one. I have a 2TB Seagate Barracuda, I meant to mention that. I also have a 2TB WD drive, not sure which to go with. SSD will just be for boot - I might even get a smaller one but that deal was so good. You also probably noticed the overpriced wifi card. That's actually cheaper than the one I originally going to go with from Asus.

AIO aren't magically quieter. Especially the stock fans on the corsair ones are pretty crap. For much less than the H100i you can get something much quieter with lower temps 

That's an F in the profile pic

14 hours ago, CloroxBleach57 said:

I might go down to a 140mm radiator but I'm sticking with AIO because this is going in a very small room and needs to be very quiet.

An air cooler would be quieter than an AIO for sure. And cheaper. Something like the bequiet Dark Rock pro 3 or Noctua NH-D15 would be a good 5-10dB quieter and the extra cooling performance of an AIO just isn't necessary here.

1 minute ago, CloroxBleach57 said:

@TSL @Froody129 @WoodenMarker I sorta just wanted an AIO, I'll be honest...

But I have an aura-sync solution: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/WDPzK8/deepcool-gammaxx-gt-295-cfm-cpu-cooler-gammaxx-gt

If you want the AIO for looks that's fine, just be aware that it will be noticeably louder when under load. The cooler you've suggested is good and will look nice if you're into that sorta thing. If you want ultimate silence, perhaps consider something like the Dark Rock 3 from bequiet or the Cryorig H7. These coolers will offer a little more cooling headroom so their fans can be run a bit slower, therefor quieter. And they have a clean aesthetic that will compliment any RGB anywhere else in the system. If you want the Deepcool one for the lights though, I'd say go for it. The 2200G shouldn't be too much to cool, bearing in mind it runs hotter than normal Ryzen due to the added GPU and not being soldered to the IHS.