Search for my first mechanical keyboard

bling

Hi everyone I've decided it's time for me to finally switch to a mechanical keyboard. I already did some search but I need some advice.

So far what I want are:

Cherry MX red

Rgb lighting (not required but much appreciated)

Budget max 150 euro

Based on this I narrowed my choices on the Corsair k70, which also has the new cherry MX led switches. But honestly I've some doubts about the durability of the corsair's peripherals.

An alternative could be the hyperx, but I know almost nothing about the quality.

A third option is steelseries, but I don't know if their switches are worth compared to cherry MX one.

Any suggestion or help is very much appreciated.

Also feel free to name any other keyboard meeting the requirements 

Latest build: MyPC Liquid Time

3 minutes ago, bling said:

Hi everyone I've decided it's time for me to finally switch to a mechanical keyboard. I already did some search but I need some advice.

So far what I want are:

Cherry MX red

Rgb lighting (not required but much appreciated)

Budget max 150 euro

Based on this I narrowed my choices on the Corsair k70, which also has the new cherry MX led switches. But honestly I've some doubts about the durability of the corsair's peripherals.

An alternative could be the hyperx, but I know almost nothing about the quality.

A third option is steelseries, but I don't know if their switches are worth compared to cherry MX one.

Any suggestion or help is very much appreciated.

Also feel free to name any other keyboard meeting the requirements 

i personally have the corsair strafe rgb and i absolutley love it.  Have Zero issues with it.  Personally i would go with the k70

Current Rig=  AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus Crosshair Hero VIII, EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ultra, 32gb Corsair Vengence Pro RGB 3000hz White, EVGA 750 P2 PSU, 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 500gb samsung 860 evo, 250GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus, 2TB seagate firecuda sshd,  LianLi PC 011 Dynamic XL ROG edition, Corsair h150i elite capelix

Have to say I am more than satisfied with my current keyboard, which happens to be my first mechanical one as well. Though it has MX browns and not red ones. Pricve tag of 130€ is fair and not too much as well.

i5 7600K / Gigabyte R9 280X Windforce / Corsair Vengeance 8GB 3000/ Asus Prime Z270-P / beQuiet PowerZone 650W / Fractal Design Define S

240GB+480GB SSD / 2TB Seagate Barracuda / Alpenföhn Brocken Eco / Lioncast LK30 / Razer Deathadder 2013 / t.bone SC 440 / Plantronics RIG500 / Sennheiser CX 3.00

GROUP B - The Golden Era of Rallying :x

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $1843 ($491 with sales)
  • Games owned: 129
  • Games played: 103 (79%)
  • Hours on record: 6,564.3h

8 minutes ago, Rappalores said:

Have to say I am more than satisfied with my current keyboard, which happens to be my first mechanical one as well. Though it has MX browns and not red ones. Pricve tag of 130€ is fair and not too much as well.

I think my style is more blues but, I'm fine with the browns I got. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

I thought it would be such a huge change from the feel of typing, but it's feeling lot more relaxed now and my typing got more accurate as well.

i5 7600K / Gigabyte R9 280X Windforce / Corsair Vengeance 8GB 3000/ Asus Prime Z270-P / beQuiet PowerZone 650W / Fractal Design Define S

240GB+480GB SSD / 2TB Seagate Barracuda / Alpenföhn Brocken Eco / Lioncast LK30 / Razer Deathadder 2013 / t.bone SC 440 / Plantronics RIG500 / Sennheiser CX 3.00

If you're interested, massdrop has some pretty awesome keyboards and keycaps at pretty good prices. Hope that helps :) 

ima tell you the absolute truth... Your probably looking for the keyboard with the best functions, rgb, macros etc. But take it from me whos been through the same thing.
Unless u need the macros or something specific, just go with the keyboard with your favorite switch and try and get PBT keycaps (although, keyboards with designated buttons for lowering/raising volume does come in handy). Besides that, nothing really matters, just get whichever is in budget that looks the nicest. RGB is cool and all but u never really notice it besides when u walk to and from your computer. (most of the time i completely forgot i had it). Its more of something to lure in a buyer (kinda like nicer packaging but nothing inside. Warranty is more important than all of those gimmicks (even if you dont use it, its not like youll be using the gimmicks to often either.) 
I have a Ducky shine 6, Nice keyboard overall, no problems, pretty well built and sturdy.The Rgb is nice but if i could go back id just get their ducky ones or get a simplier/cheaper cherry blue PBT keycap keyboard.

Thanks for all the replies!

So Corsair seams to be the preferred one. And I'm not questioning their build quality as a whole, but I've read some unhappy reviews while looking for a mice and since I've no experience on their peripherals, but only on cases and fans, I asked here. 

Both massdrop and ducky are not easily available here.

As for hyperx alloy and gskill km780 are not available with Italian layout (or at least I cannot find them in my usual shops).

Any experience with steelseries switches?

Otherwise I'll go with the k70.

As for the feature I don't necessary need all those macros buttons, but I want to go with a metal frame for durability and therefore the choices are in this price category.

And of course rbg is not a fundamental need, but since I already have a lot of rgb around I'd like to stick with theme lol. But I do want a backlit keyboard for typing in the dark

Latest build: MyPC Liquid Time

The K70 was in my pool of choice as well, but I then found the LK30 and despite it being a bit more expensive I felt more comfortable with buying a German Product, don't ask me why. I also didn't like the Red light as much as I do  like the white one on the LK30

The K70 is a solid choice as well. Prepare for a better and more accurate feel when typing :)

14 hours ago, gabri3l said:

If you're interested, massdrop has some pretty awesome keyboards and keycaps at pretty good prices. Hope that helps :) 

And what's tunnelbear got?

"Shashabooey" - Po

4 hours ago, bling said:

Thanks for all the replies!

So Corsair seams to be the preferred one. And I'm not questioning their build quality as a whole, but I've read some unhappy reviews while looking for a mice and since I've no experience on their peripherals, but only on cases and fans, I asked here. 

Both massdrop and ducky are not easily available here.

As for hyperx alloy and gskill km780 are not available with Italian layout (or at least I cannot find them in my usual shops).

Any experience with steelseries switches?

Otherwise I'll go with the k70.

As for the feature I don't necessary need all those macros buttons, but I want to go with a metal frame for durability and therefore the choices are in this price category.

And of course rbg is not a fundamental need, but since I already have a lot of rgb around I'd like to stick with theme lol. But I do want a backlit keyboard for typing in the dark

I've had an experience to go with that: Corsair makes questionable cases, mediocre fans, pretty good AIO coolers, great keyboards, and medium mice.

"Shashabooey" - Po