Sega announced a Megadrive/Genesis classic and Shenmue 1 & 2 are getting HD remasters

Master Disaster

mega-drive-04-13-18-1-1200x670-jpg.12044

Sega just finished the Sega Festival 2018 and included in the event were 4 announcements...

First is the Sega MD/Gen Classic, the device was shown but very little information was provided. It's assumed the device, much like Nintendo's offerings, will ship preloaded with some of the systems biggest hitters.

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/sega-genesis-mini-announced-at-sega-fes-2018-see-it-here

Next they announced that Shenmue 1 & 2 would be getting HD remasters which would be releasing on PC, XB1 & PS4 this year

The first two Shenmue games are coming to PlayStation 4, Windows PC and Xbox One later this year, Sega announced today. The re-release, Shenmue 1 & 2, will be released sometime in 2018.

Sega calls the Shenmue 1 & 2 re-release the “definitive version” of the classic adventure games with modernized features such as “fully scalable screen resolution, choice of modern or classic control schemes, PC graphics options, an updated user interface and the option to enjoy either the original Japanese or English voiceovers.”

The two titles will be released digitally and physically. Here’s a look at the re-releases’ box art:

SHENMUE1_2_PS4_2DPACK_WEB_US.jpeg

https://www.polygon.com/2018/4/13/17237006/shenmue-1-2-hd-rerelease-ps4-xbox-one-pc

Sega Ages will be releasing for Nintendo Switch some time this year, it will contain a collection of Sega games repacked for Switch owners. So far only 3 games have been announced and Studio M2 are in control of the project.

Sega is bringing a line of retro games, including Sonic the Hedgehog, Phantasy Star and Thunder Force 4, to Nintendo Switch. The company announced the new initiative, which will be released under the Sega Ages label, during a Sega fan event in Japan today.

More than fifteen titles will be released under the new Sega Ages lineup, though only three titles were confirmed at today’s event. Studio M2, which was responsible for previous Sega re-releases like the 3D Classics Collection for Nintendo 3DS and the Sega Ages series for PlayStation 2, is behind the Switch Sega Ages titles. M2’s involvement is good news for fans of classic Sega games; the developer’s work on restoring and emulating 8-bit and 16-bit games is unparalleled.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/4/13/17237060/sega-ages-nintendo-switch-sonic-phantasy-star

Finally Japan is getting a new Sakura Wars game

So Sega is getting in on the Mini/Classic action, it was only a matter of time before they did tbh. Nintendo has made bank and Sega don't want to miss out on their slice of the pie.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

W H A T ? ! ! ! ! ! ! OMG YAS!!!!!

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

1 minute ago, asus killer said:

2018 will see the release of 3 Shenmue games O.oO.oO.oO.o

I actually thought about that, I wonder how much these HD remasters are designed to be hype builders for S3.

Hasn't S3 been getting a lot of negative press over its graphics and boring looking gameplay?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

6 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

I actually thought about that, I wonder how much these HD remasters are designed to be hype builders for S3.

Hasn't S3 been getting a lot of negative press over its graphics and boring looking gameplay?

there were clearly problems with graphics and specially facial expressions (they made mass effect andromeda look amazing lol), but they promised it was just a early concept and they would solve the problems by the time the game launched. I think this was last summer, so one and a half year before launch, there's plenty of time to polish it.... or not.

The hype died a little.

14 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

I just hope it isn't impossible to get like the Nintendo & Super Nintendo classics are.

The SNES mini is readily available here in Sweden. My local Media Markt has a bunch of SNES mini on the shelf. And most internet stores have it in stock.. 

15 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

I just hope it isn't impossible to get like the Nintendo & Super Nintendo classics are.

I dont know how it is over there but over here both the Mini NES / SNES are in stores. The NES is still harder to find but everywhere i go i see the Mini SNES.

But for the Sega: even if there wouldnt be as much to get, there are so many clones around it isnt even funny. I think even up till this day clones are being produced.

Something todo with the popularity in South America.

MMMmmmmm. Shenmue... tasty. Looking forward to it. Retro console? Meh. mebbe. 

Holy crap. I was expecting some new sonic game but damn Shenmue 1&2 ? It also releases a bit after Yakuza Kiwami 2 which is awesome

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5800X GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080 12GB + Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VIII Hero

Case: Asus ROG Strix Helios Gundam Edition Power Supply: Asus ROG Thor 850P

I really hope the Mega Drive Mini isn't more AtGames garbage. There is speculation that it isn't, but until there is some kind of official word and more official info on it from Sega themselves I'm going to remain skeptical.

Port Persona games to PC already.

Valkyria Chronicles shows it can be done.

I don't read the reply to my posts anymore so don't bother.

Nevermind

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini