Anybody here pick up old consoles?

M300843499

My reddit post.

Intel Xeon E5640 4510mhz 1.10v-1.42v (offset) - C states on (◣_◢) 16GB 2x4 1x8 1296mhz CL7 (◣_◢) ASUS P6X58DE (◣_◢) Radeon R9 Fury Sapphire Nitro (◣_◢) 500GB HDD x2 1TB HDD x2 (RAID) Intel 480GB SSD (◣_◢) NZXT S340 (◣_◢) 130hz VS VX2268WM

upvotes to the  left  am i right boys :D_______

qυoтe мe pleaѕe!

Me at the Apple store: "So how fast is this little macbook?"

Apple employee: "Cheetah Fast. Lightning Fast. It's Really, really, fast."

The 80Gig one is a revised one without PS2 Hardware...

A new PSU won't bring you much luck. Especially since you might have ordered the wrong one anyway because the problem is with the Chips. And the Lead free Solder in those...

I'd imagine that both old ones are rather loud under load, so you might want to look for a newer Slim one. Maybe even Super Slim one...

But for a start, not that bad.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

42 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Cancel that order of the 2TB drive. I think the largest drive PS3 supports is 1.75TB.

Works fine, i have 2.5TB in it now, 500GB internal, 2TB external.

Intel Xeon E5640 4510mhz 1.10v-1.42v (offset) - C states on (◣_◢) 16GB 2x4 1x8 1296mhz CL7 (◣_◢) ASUS P6X58DE (◣_◢) Radeon R9 Fury Sapphire Nitro (◣_◢) 500GB HDD x2 1TB HDD x2 (RAID) Intel 480GB SSD (◣_◢) NZXT S340 (◣_◢) 130hz VS VX2268WM

1 hour ago, Stefan Payne said:

The 80Gig one is a revised one without PS2 Hardware...

A new PSU won't bring you much luck. Especially since you might have ordered the wrong one anyway because the problem is with the Chips. And the Lead free Solder in those...

I'd imagine that both old ones are rather loud under load, so you might want to look for a newer Slim one. Maybe even Super Slim one...

But for a start, not that bad.

Would rather keep the PS2 capable one, it's far better than any other model, PS2 looks outstanding on it even vs my FAT PS2 with component.

Not sure if I should post to Reddit and post a screenshot.

I wouldn't mind picking anything for the right price, but I mostly bring home original Xboxes. I also own a fat PS2 just to play Star Trek Conquest, but it's easily worth the space. My fat Xbox 360 is still going strong, if that counts, and I have picked a second hand S model for backup. I haven't had the misfortune to pick up a broken console yet, but I have seen a few bad controllers and games.

I would like to one day dive into old consoles from Sega, but I fear they'd just end up being really expensive filling for cardboard boxes, I don't have endless space (or money). The original Xbox is great for modding, and collecting for it is at the same time (often) collecting for the newer Xboxes, so it feels justifiably worthwhile. 

10 minutes ago, tatte said:

Not sure if I should post to Reddit and post a screenshot.

I wouldn't mind picking anything for the right price, but I mostly bring home original Xboxes. I also own a fat PS2 just to play Star Trek Conquest, but it's easily worth the space. My fat Xbox 360 is still going strong, if that counts, and I have picked a second hand S model for backup. I haven't had the misfortune to pick up a broken console yet, but I have seen a few bad controllers and games.

I would like to one day dive into old consoles from Sega, but I fear they'd just end up being really expensive filling for cardboard boxes, I don't have endless space (or money). The original Xbox is great for modding, and collecting for it is at the same time (often) collecting for the newer Xboxes, so it feels justifiably worthwhile. 

A fan of the old OG XBOX :) Got a few i modded.