Is it safe to overclock my display from 60 to 75 hz?

Its a 2560x1080 29 inch ultrawide.

yes? there is no guarantee it will reach it though

*edit*

i should also add, there is no guarantee its going to be stabile as well. one of my monitors goes 90Hz no problem but crashes after a few minutes

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

it may break, or it may not after a longer time, depends on the components quality, but 70 hz should be fine.

You can try, but there is no guarantee it will reach that refresh rate. Plus, you need to consider that it may bring other drawbacks along

Frostbite (White build PC)

Spoiler

MSI B350M Mortar Arctic - Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 GHz - Corsair H60 - ASUS GTX 1060 3GB DUAL OC @ (2130 MHz Core Clock + 4600 MHz Mem Clock)

2x8GB 3200MHz Corsair Vengeance C16 Corsair 400C White - EVGA 650 GQ

Razer Deathadder Chroma - Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition Chroma - Sennheiser HD 598 SR - LG 24MP59G-P

18 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

yes? there is no guarantee it will reach it though

*edit*

i should also add, there is no guarantee its going to be stabile as well. one of my monitors goes 90Hz no problem but crashes after a few minutes

15 minutes ago, pto84 said:

it may break, or it may not after a longer time, depends on the components quality, but 70 hz should be fine.

8 minutes ago, katoptrys said:

You can try, but there is no guarantee it will reach that refresh rate. Plus, you need to consider that it may bring other drawbacks along

It reaches it just fine but not sure if its safe for longterm

Monitor overclocking is just like overclocking anything else. You may be able to overclock it a lot, or perhaps not. My 60hz samsung monitor overclocks fine to 75hz, but my other samsung monitor overclocks to about 65hz, and nothing past that is stable. Check out this video:

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

34 minutes ago, Abyss Gaming said:

It reaches it just fine but not sure if its safe for longterm

no clue, i havent had a monitor die from a lot of use overclocked though, but my sample size is like 4 or so. its probably going to kill your monitor quicker like any overclocking, but i havent heard anyone being able to pinpoint overclocking their monior as the cause of death of it.

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016