Your top 5 PC games of 2013

DroPouT1999

Do you people read?: PC games of 2013

hes-right-you-know-93164244350.jpeg

Where do bad folks go when they die?
They don't go to heaven where the angels fly
They go to the lake of fire and fry, Won't see them again 'till the fourth of July

Games like tomb raider bioshock, okish story but shitty ass gameplay. Its so boring I can't even clock an hour in those games. Nothing but generic linear shooter games, bla bla bla main character go to that room and shoot lame AI with uninspired weapons and then BOOM cutscene.

Then quicktime event then game shoots enemies in cutscene so you don't have to. Tomb raider was awful they lost me on the first and second reboot

Skyrim (modded to the point where it takes up over 100GB's)

AC4

Bioshock Infinite

Metro: LL

Batman Arkham Origins 

MY skyrim feels pathetic at 15GB...

Where do bad folks go when they die?
They don't go to heaven where the angels fly
They go to the lake of fire and fry, Won't see them again 'till the fourth of July

1. BioShock Infinite

2. ARMA 3

3. Battlefield 4

4. The Stanley Parable

5. Call of Duty: Ghosts lol jk Saints Row 4

MY skyrim feels pathetic at 15GB...

PUNY GIGABYTE USER!!LOL JK

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

1. Far Cry 3

2. Bioshock Infinite 

3. Saints Row 4

4. Dishonored 

5. The Walking Dead: Season 2

Rome II was the worst designed and buggiest Total War game ever released, you monster. Rome ONE is still more fun to play, such a dissapointment. <-<

Mehh.. If I skipped every game release that itsn't actually finished I wouldn't have bought any game these past 5 years (and next 10 to probably) Besides I never had to much problems and the things that went wrong seems fixed now, not to mention all the added new features...

I think the "Rome II is released broken and thus the shittiest total war" ever thing is kinda overhyped mindset..

Everyone always shouts murder, when something is released "broken" or "incomplete" that's just the way things work these days.. look at any other triple A title like COD or Batllefield

Yarrrr, ye be warned lily-livered scallywags

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLMJpHihykI#t=93

Mehh.. If I skipped every game release that itsn't actually finished I wouldn't have bought any game these past 5 years (and next 10 to probably) Besides I never had to much problems and the things that went wrong seems fixed now, not to mention all the added new features...

I think the "Rome II is released broken and thus the shittiest total war" ever thing is kinda overhyped mindset..

Oh no a lot of the bugs are gone, that's entirely true.

But the game design is just awful, awful, awful. SO many things just do not work

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Oh no a lot of the bugs are gone, that's entirely true.

But the game design is just awful, awful, awful. SO many things just do not work

Sorry I can't agree, Rome I was a great game..

But I believe Rome II to be more then a worthy replacement, and that all of its design and idea's work (maybe not exactly flawless yet, but its being worked on)

Sure things need to be rebalanced and all.. But for the most part all the new (culture, buildings politics) systems work just fine..

Did I like managing my family and playing a very OP rome in Rome I. Yes

But just because it doesn't play the same doesn't make it a failure..

I've never been a big COD fan either..

Yarrrr, ye be warned lily-livered scallywags

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLMJpHihykI#t=93

5. The Stanley Parable

4. Age Of Empire 2 HD Edition

3. Saints Row IV

2. BioShock Infinite

1. The Walking Dead Season 2

Current Specs: CPU: Intel I5 4690K, Motherboard: ASUS Z97-AR, RAM: 8GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz, GPU: Sapphire Nitro Radeon R9 390, SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, HDD: 3x Seagate Constellation ES 500GB in RAID 5, PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2, Case: Antec LanBoy Air Blue/Black. Mouse: Corsair M65 Pro, Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate(2012), Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud 1.

Bioshock Infinite

Tomb Raider

Farcry 3

Skyrim (not 2013 but still worthy of being here!)

BF4 (f those bugs)

MSI R9 290 Gaming | MSI Z77 MPower Big Bang | XFX Pro 750W Black Edition | i7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | Corsair H100i | GSkill Ripjaw 2x8Gb | NZXT Phantom 410 Gunmetal | OCZ 128 Gb Vertex 4 | Samsung 250Gb 840 EVO | 1&2 Tb Seagate Barracuda | Logitech G510 | Logitech G700 | Logitech G35 | 3 x LG E2442V
-it24-

BioShock Infinite

The Stanley Parable

Perspective

Starbound

Saints Row IV

1. Just cause 2 multiplayer, technically the multiplayer is released in 2013 so its a 2013 game.

2. Arma 3

3. Call of Duty: Ghosts, I just love fast paced competitive shooters like this and counterstrike, but counterstrike is not 2013 so...

4. Saints row the 4th, fun little game. Its a joy to play :D

5. Surgeon simulator 2013, 10 bucks no regrets.

6. Farcry 3

And thats the only 6 good games this year.

Games like tomb raider bioshock, okish story but shitty ass gameplay. Its so boring I can't even clock an hour in those games. Nothing but generic linear shooter games, bla bla bla main character go to that room and shoot lame AI with uninspired weapons and then BOOM cutscene.

1) cinebench r15

2)valley 1.0

3)3d mark firestrike

4) heaven 4.0

5)Black hole V4.2

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

1. War Thunder

2. Outlast

Those two are the only ones I consider worthy for a GoTY nomination. So I'll only mention others as footnotes as they are either too short (Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons) too shallow despite critical acclaim of their story (Bioshock: Infiinite) or too narrow in focus (Papers, Please) to be considered no matter how well executed.

Also, The Stanley Parable was amazing, but I don't consider it a game.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Bf3

Far cry 3

Minecraft with mods

My top 5 is a top 3

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

1. BF4

2. DayZ

3. BF3

4. Black ops 2

5. Minecraft

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Batman Arkham origins
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist

BF4
GTA 5
Saints Row IV

;)

DayZ

League of Legends

Battlefield 4

TF2 Prop Hunt

Facebook

Only victors are allowed to live... this world is merciless like that.

1:Minecraft

2.StarBound
3: Terraria :)
4: BF4
5: SimCity

Diamond 5 in League :)

In no real order.

FTL

DayZ

Far Cry 3

Stanley Parable (even though the mod came out awhile ago)

and FTL again.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

I like listening to opinions and allot of you are PC gamers so we'll get a decent mix of indies and triple A's.

(1 is the best)

1. Gunpoint
  2. Far Cry 3
  3. Space Hulk
  4. DayZ - Stand Alone 
  5. EDIT: The Stanley Parable, can't believe i forgot that game...    Original: Half Life - Deathmatch (I know it isn't a 2013 game but it's sooooo goood!)

Release dates of Far Cry 3:

November 29, 2012 (EU and AU)

November 30, 2012 (UK)

December 2, 2012 (U.S.)

December 4, 2012 (Canada)

1. Total war Rome II

2. Bioshock Infinite

3. Farcry 3

4. Rome II

5. Rome II

November 30, 2012 (UK)

December 2, 2012 (U.S.)

GTA 5

AC IV Black Flag

NFS Rivals

FIFA 14

Far Cry 3

GTA V is for console peasants not PC...

November 30, 2012 (UK)

December 2, 2012 (U.S.)

idk tbh..

1. Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Full Burst

2. Batman Arkham origins.

3. I'm not going to list any FPS games since they are too many, I'm starting to think of them as a plague and don't enjoy them as much anymore. (I do play a bit of CSS still though)

4. Skyrim (my modded edition)

5. Farcry 3 (openworld FPS that doesn't have the regular FPS feel)

6. Bioshock infinite. (not the regular FPS feel and a big fan of the art style)

7. Sleeping Dogs (I think it was this year)

8. GTA V (though it's console so I didn't complete it since it lags too much)

I know I listed 8, but whatever.

November 30, 2012 (UK)

December 2, 2012 (U.S.)

BF4

GTA 5

Skyrim

Batman Arkham origins

Bioshock infinite.

Those are the best for me.

GTA V is not a pc game....

1:BF4

2: Dayz standalone

3: Rust

4: Crysis 3

5: Arkham origins

2.Hiking similator? The game came out less then a week ago and has a butt ton of errors and glitches and its NUMBER 2 THAT CAME OUT IN 2013? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Skyrim

BF 3/4 (I love BF3 but haven't bought the fourth yet due to the issues people having)

Far Cry 3

Guild Wars 2

Payday 2

November 30, 2012 (UK)

December 2, 2012 (U.S.)

PayDay2 = Farming similtor...

The Stanley Parable

Battlefield 4

Payday 2

GTA 5

Bioshock Infinite

No order :)

Again PayDay2 is a farming similator gets borning way too fast..

Not just 5, but many. But i'l write some but in no order:

minecraft

far cry 3

battlefield 3

batman arkham asylum

half life series

crysis 3

Dota 2

team fortress 2

torchlight 2

path of the exile

garry's mod

just cause 2

dayz and dayz sa

arma 3

nfs porsche

bioshock series

counter strike series

rust

payday 2

The walking dead

mortal kombat komplete 

Gta v

skyrim

guild wars

hearthstone

smite

quake series

etc.....

November 30, 2012 (UK)

December 2, 2012 (U.S.)

GTA 5 is not a PC game...

Minecraft release date was November 18, 2011...

AC3

BF:BC2/3/4

Crysis 3

Strike Suit Infinity

Minecraft

Sins of  Solar Empire: Rebelion

Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne

Minecraft release date was November 18, 2011...

Some people need to start reading instead of posting as fast as they can so they can get some extra post points. Seriouly.

i5-3570k l ASRock Z77 Extreme6 LGA1155 I G.Skill Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 I Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 3.5' 7200RPM I Sapphire Radeon 7950 3GB I Cooler Master Storm Enforcer I SeaSonic 620W I Windows 7

Sorry I can't agree, Rome I was a great game..

But I believe Rome II to be more then a worthy replacement, and that all of its design and idea's work (maybe not exactly flawless yet, but its being worked on)

Sure things need to be rebalanced and all.. But for the most part all the new (culture, buildings politics) systems work just fine..

Did I like managing my family and playing a very OP rome in Rome I. Yes

But just because it doesn't play the same doesn't make it a failure..

I've never been a big COD fan either..

It's not that it's not the same, it's that it broke the things that worked well and added nothing of value.  Cities can't be walled unless they're a capital, which means the greatest fortified city of the hellenistic era (syracuse) is represented as a small village. The same province system puts all of sicily in the same region as the south of Italy, leading directly to the degradation of Carthaginian culture in Sicily cause civil unrest in the default starting position, nothing you can do to stop that but go to war. General progression is shallow and the legion progression was a great idea but is made meaningless by useless percentile boosts while restricting key components of warfare like siege weapons to only the legions that unlocked that. Roman bloody legions that can't do a siege properly, jsut ridiculous. The AI is inept at everything it does, the siege AI still isn't even functioning at a basic level. Combat is ridiculous in so many ways I can't even begin describing that.

...YEah Rome I was objectively better as a game, just not as pretty. MEdieval II is still the best Total War game ever made.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Skyrim (modded to the point where it takes up over 100GB's)

WOW. And I thought I had many with my 22GB Skyrim folder.

Here's a list of all my active mods. Could you please post your favorite mods?

W3Fcy7u.png

Random Skyrim GIF.

TZYwIGb.jpg

It's not that it's not the same, it's that it broke the things that worked well and added nothing of value.  Cities can't be walled unless they're a capital, which means the greatest fortified city of the hellenistic era (syracuse) is represented as a small village. The same province system puts all of sicily in the same region as the south of Italy, leading directly to the degradation of Carthaginian culture in Sicily cause civil unrest in the default starting position, nothing you can do to stop that but go to war. General progression is shallow and the legion progression was a great idea but is made meaningless by useless percentile boosts while restricting key components of warfare like siege weapons to only the legions that unlocked that. Roman bloody legions that can't do a siege properly, jsut ridiculous. The AI is inept at everything it does, the siege AI still isn't even functioning at a basic level. Combat is ridiculous in so many ways I can't even begin describing that.

...YEah Rome I was objectively better as a game, just not as pretty. MEdieval II is still the best Total War game ever made.

I hate that about carthage and syracuse. The ai has been getting better; the other day I was playing and was being sieged and the ai climbed up the walls on the ladders and was burning my door at the same time to let there elephants in.  The game still has plenty of issues, but I still play it often enough. The new dlc though is a little bit of a joke though.