Logan's Audio vid.

AraSarkisyan

The OP just sounds like someone who spent a lot of money on an expensive card and can't fathom that it's not worth the money he put into it. That's why it's always important to do your research before buying this stuff! This info was available way before sound cards became popular.

IKR, the information was even available to sound card manufacturers, so why do they persist in making them with such high output impedance's? It just baffles me, it would be like a car company making a car with extra unnecessary weight because they couldn't be arsed paying an engineer to design a better chassis.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

IKR, the information was even available to sound card manufacturers, so why do they persist in making them with such high output impedance's? It just baffles me, it would be like a car company making a car with extra unnecessary weight because they couldn't be arsed paying an engineer to design a better chassis.

dat hemi tho

my v-tech just kicked in, yo!

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

5th gear turbo lag. 

dat hemi tho

my v-tech just kicked in, yo!

Of course, when all else fails the answer is more power..

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Of course, when all else fails the answer is more power..

Unless you have a ram jet for a turbo, going 40, in 5th. 

I have a crappy onbard sound so i bought a 30€ xonar dgx. It sounds better and also gets loud enough (i had to have it on 100% volume before all the time).

I'm sure an external dac and amp would sound better, but i didn't really want to sped too much money at the time. And you can't get an external amp/dac for 30€. 

I have a crappy onbard sound so i bought a 30€ xonar dgx. It sounds better and also gets loud enough (i had to have it on 100% volume before all the time).

I'm sure an external dac and amp would sound better, but i didn't really want to sped too much money at the time. And you can't get an external amp/dac for 30€. 

Perfectly understandable.

and stickers. Everyone knows stickers make it go faster.

A good sticker means manufacturers can charge more too.

I actually own A Xonar STX and have ROG Formula board(I know it still doesnt have the best onboard chip ever, but oh well :D) and have switch back and forth between onboard and the Xonar STX and found that the onboard was actually a lot better. Beside just better volume, I got deeper bass, and mids and highs were improved greatly, compared to the more muted Xonar STX. Just annoyed that I didnt know this early because I could have saved some cash, I guess its part of the experience of building computer plus great marketing. Thanks @MayflowerElectronics and Logan for the eye opener and will hopefully get a Objective amp and Odac soon! :D

Thanks @MayflowerElectronics and Logan for the eye opener and will hopefully get a Objective amp and Odac soon! :D

since you've a good onboard, get a quality headphone before thinking bout objective amp/ odac. 

since you've a good onboard, get a quality headphone before thinking bout objective amp/ odac. 

I have HD 598 atm but might upgrade headphone in the future

I actually own A Xonar STX and have ROG Formula board(I know it still doesnt have the best onboard chip ever, but oh well :D) and have switch back and forth between onboard and the Xonar STX and found that the onboard was actually a lot better. Beside just better volume, I got deeper bass, and mids and highs were improved greatly, compared to the more muted Xonar STX. Just annoyed that I didnt know this early because I could have saved some cash, I guess its part of the experience of building computer plus great marketing. Thanks @MayflowerElectronics and Logan for the eye opener and will hopefully get a Objective amp and Odac soon! :D

If your on board is good then a dac/amp will not help.

Something people tend to get confused about is that it is really only the analogue side of sound solutions that dictate the sound quality.  The digital side of onboard, sound cards and external dacs are all better than our ears can perceive.   

Something people tend to get confused about is that it is really only the analogue side of sound solutions that dictate the sound quality.  The digital side of onboard, sound cards and external dacs are all better than our ears can perceive.   

Yah I understand that. The human ear, I believe, can hear frequencies from 20 hz to 20khz. So, anything that produce any frequencies above or below that range is just overkill.

I was also planning to use the the dac and amp for my laptop because the audio quailty isnt thta great on it.

I'm not going to read all 9 pages, but I can guess from the first post it's a kid who's mad about his poor purchase of a soundcard.

http://nwavguy.blogspot.com/

His intention wasn't to make money and all of Tyler's points practically stand from there. 

Don't worry we're all butthurt when we realize we have done something wrong.

My face when audio illiterates in this thread. 
tumblr_mxgngbc0pg1sm2o07o1_1280.png

QFT

Edit: I skimmed the 9 pages and I can't wait for my optometrist appointment, because my eyes bled far too much for the health of them.
Head-fi is cool and all, but you're going to get a load of opinions from there that you can find everywhere!
OP probably doesn't hear a difference from FLAC and high bit-rate MP3 or even low bit-rate MP3, but just decides to hear a difference.
What I really don't understand is everyone here saying that they have an audible improvement by using a sound card using terminology that I'm sure they wouldn't of been able to use if Linus or whoever never used beforehand.

@AraSarkisyan: " Head on over to head-fi if you want some actual audio advice. " -> http://nwavguy.blogspot.com/2011/07/banned-at-head-fi.html
Fix it to " Head on over to head-fi if you want some opinions. " Also go take your opinions and share it with 4chan or something at least they'll call you names and feed the troll(you).

PSA: Spending money on audio equipment does not automatically make you a audio engineer.  

Why do you need tools just to take a picture? What are you gonna do? Assemble some furniture? 

no to take the sound card out from my computer. no side panel, no thumb screws. no screw driver. cheap 30 dollar case. 

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

*snip*

PSA: Spending money on audio equipment does not automatically make you a audio engineer.

Really? :(

Really? :(

I know right, I spent $15,000 on my home studio and I still suck at guitar. :angry:

I know right, I spent $15,000 on my home studio and I still suck at guitar. :angry:

I gave up at guitar before I started, my fingers just dont move that way and its too much to remember :P

Disclaimer.

I am not an enthusiast, i also do not know everything about audio, or claim to, i however understand most of the basics and important things.

My EVGA board has an excellent sounding chip, and is not going to be changed, unless i start buying 10,000 pounds worth of speakers, and some uber expensive headphones needing 600ohms.

I suggest headphone users listen to this.

There is some ambient noise in this video, and my phone is placed under the sound direction, so it may sound a tad muffled.

Just a sound demo, the quality is 10 times better in person of course, but you should make out all the tones and sounds clearly, but it is slightly muffled due to where i placed my phone.
Also high pitched sounds seem to not be very good on the mic.

Sound is outputted at 24 Bits 192,000 Hertz Stereo.

Obviously this may be the shittiest way to demonstrate anything audio, but you can make out all sounds produced by the Realtek chip, which is a 889 a rather high end Realtek chip.

Bass is deep and powerful, however there is no equalization applied, only loudness equalization.

Here is the numbers for my exact motherboard chip.

bBLhOTv.png

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW