BMW Offices in Munich Raided by Authorities in search of Diesel Emissions Cheating

AlTech
10 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

Most of the US was pushing for corn biofuel. Problem is that farmers started to use their land and even with rotation they started losing the land big time. So much leeching has occurred to Illinois farms that were taken out of "protected lands" (voluntarily) that they can longer produce anything but corn. 

Mississippi has the opposite problem. Because of the over production required for biofuel our land is dying and our corn yields are setting record lows every year. Last year I didn't see a single corn stalk taller than my waist (for reference, I'm 6'4" tall).

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

2 minutes ago, straight_stewie said:

Mississippi has the opposite problem. Because of the over production required for biofuel our land is dying and our corn yields are setting record lows every year. 

That's actually the same problem as Illinois from when I was writing a paper in college for chem or biochem. No amount of fixing (nitrogen, carbon, trace, etc.) is able to bring those "protected" lands back to bearing fruit

Pun intended,

Spoiler

get rekt. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

Well It's hard Tellin what them Krauts Dope Heads are doing over there again Lol, Don't drive that shit here lol...I shouldn't drive the shit I'm driving it's gonna breakkkk, Need Chevy Dude, Ford and Chrysler gonna break too Lol

51 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

That's actually the same problem as Illinois from when I was writing a paper in college for chem or biochem. No amount of fixing (nitrogen, carbon, trace, etc.) is able to bring those "protected" lands back to bearing fruit

Pun intended,

Reveal hidden contents

get rekt. 

Really scary to think about when not even corn would be able to grow with the overproduction of corn based fuel,i'd rather see that abundance of corn feed people instead or find a more sustainable source of fuel. And it kinda sucks when more gas stations are switching to E85, some don't even have 91-93 grade fuel.

1 hour ago, ARikozuM said:

$20 says that Ford would be bailed out if this occurred to them. 

Ford already recalled 1.4 million cars due to steering wheels, if they were found to be cheating diesel emissions it would be pretty damaging but wouldn't surprise me.

10 hours ago, Cookybiscuit said:

Que?

Como?

5 hours ago, ARikozuM said:

Nah, if this happened to ford they'd just move that obnoxious prick Ajit from the FCC to the EPA and all of a sudden new emissions laws would be scrapped because corporate competition is better for the environment.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

12 hours ago, ARikozuM said:

I'm all fairness, they didn't accept the big 2008 bailout that all the other US manufacturers took (and wasted, since they still make garbage cars).

12 hours ago, JR88 said:

Well It's hard Tellin what them Krauts Dope Heads are doing over there again Lol, Don't drive that shit here lol...I shouldn't drive the shit I'm driving it's gonna breakkkk, Need Chevy Dude, Ford and Chrysler gonna break too Lol

Oh that's so cute, you think Chevy makes a good car.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Following Volkswagen's track, come on BMW! you're better than that.   

13 hours ago, JR88 said:

You say that as if Shitrolet makes cars and trucks.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

36 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

I'm all fairness, they didn't accept the big 2008 bailout that all the other US manufacturers took (and wasted, since they still make garbage cars).

Oh that's so cute, you think Chevy makes a good car.

I was gonna say, I'm fairly certain Ford was the only US auto manufacturer to not go Bankrupt during the bailout. They struggled by on their own. It actually made me respect them a little.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

53 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

Really? I thought all automakers took the bailout. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

18 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

You say that as if Shitrolet makes cars and trucks.

They Do make good tough Vehicles. I've seen wayy more Ford's and Chrysler's with problems. 

Plus they have the only Truck that looks the Best..Don't like the look of the Ford's or Dodge's...

I want one of the New ones man.

Bruh this argument is going nowhere. 

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

Can we get a moment of silence for the thousands every year ravaged by diesel emissions? This loss of life MUST stop.

1 hour ago, JR88 said:

They Do make good tough Vehicles. I've seen wayy more Ford's and Chrysler's with problems. 

Plus they have the only Truck that looks the Best..Don't like the look of the Ford's or Dodge's...

Chevy makes good trucks/suvs imo,their cars are usually ok,Corvette and Camaro are good exceptions and very good for the price. Ford has plenty of problems with their ecoboost engines and the aluminum truck beds aren't as durable as steel. Dodge has various issues ever since the Fiat buyout.  I'd never buy a BMW though, those are an unreliable money pit after a few years of ownership.

27 minutes ago, JR88 said:

No, they don't. They make rolling piles of scrap.

In construction, the only people driving Shitrolets drive them because they're the cheapest things outright. If tough is what they're looking for, they're going for RAM 2500 or F250s as a minimum. Huge reason Toyota's Tundra isn't a big truck in the construction world is because the best they have only comes in a half ton and gasoline.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

46 minutes ago, JR88 said:

They Do make good.....

I'm gonna stop you right there. Chevy makes crap pretty much across the board. The most recent Corvette isn't bad considering its price, but it still leaves a lot to be desired.

Ford is far and away the best of Detroit when it comes to not pickups. When it comes to pickups I don't really know, but I sure as hell know it's not Chevy. The only thing worse is Chrysler.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

45 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

Really? I thought all automakers took the bailout. 

Ford Credit, the financing company that operates with ford ("dealer" financing) took a loan with the government, but never sold any shares, nor entered bankruptcy.

Ford proper (Ford Motor Corp) never sold any shares, nor took any loans from the government. They had already instituted cost savings measures before the 2008 crash, and were able to get through on their own merits.

Ford was part of the agreements, simply because they wanted assurances that their 2 (now government subsidized) competitors didn't get an unfair competitive advantage. Which is damn fair, if you ask me.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

3 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Ford was part of the agreements, simply because they wanted assurances that their 2 (now government subsidized) competitors didn't get an unfair competitive advantage. Which is damn fair, if you ask me.

I feel like now is the time to interject this: Only one manufacturer that took the loan has paid it off, Tesla. Ford did not take the bailout, and the other two haven't made any payments back.

To bring this somewhat back on track: this is part of why German automakers have suddenly been big on transitioning to electric vehicles.  It's not just for the sake of a good public image, or even because the diesel market is struggling; it's because regulators will get off their back if they're no longer making diesel cars.  The right end, if not necessarily for the right reason.

Meanwhile, on the car maker tip... some brands generally have better quality than others, but I despise it when people stereotype entire brands' quality levels because of anecdotal experience or mindless loyalty.  Chevy is not all good or all bad; remember, it beat Tesla to releasing a long-range semi-affordable EV, the Bolt, and by most accounts it's a nice machine.

1 hour ago, straight_stewie said:

I feel like now is the time to interject this: Only one manufacturer that took the loan has paid it off, Tesla. Ford did not take the bailout, and the other two haven't made any payments back.

That's not entirely correct. Chrysler, at least, paid back over $11.2Bn in TARP funds loans (out of $12.5Bn loaned out) - this in addition to the stock bailout purchase.

I can't find any strict figures for GM.

Ford took a $5.9Bn loan from the Government, and is apparently on track to pay it back by 2022. No idea if they've been keeping to the plan though.

43 minutes ago, Commodus said:

To bring this somewhat back on track: this is part of why German automakers have suddenly been big on transitioning to electric vehicles.  It's not just for the sake of a good public image, or even because the diesel market is struggling; it's because regulators will get off their back if they're no longer making diesel cars.  The right end, if not necessarily for the right reason.

Meanwhile, on the car maker tip... some brands generally have better quality than others, but I despise it when people stereotype entire brands' quality levels because of anecdotal experience or mindless loyalty.  Chevy is not all good or all bad; remember, it beat Tesla to releasing a long-range semi-affordable EV, the Bolt, and by most accounts it's a nice machine.

Highly agreed. In the case of Chevy, they're not even owned by Americans anymore. Fiat (Italian company) fully owns them. So you can't use the "shitty American cars" excuse (which is an excuse) on Chevy - they're no more American than Toyota or VW now. (Was thinking of Chrysler this entire time!)

The Bolt (and Volt) is a pretty good vehicle. My Aunt and Uncle have a Bolt. I've also seen a few up close, and the trim/interior quality seems pretty damn good for the price.

6 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Highly agreed. In the case of Chevy, they're not even owned by Americans anymore. Fiat (Italian company) fully owns them. So you can't use the "shitty American cars" excuse (which is an excuse) on Chevy - they're no more American than Toyota or VW now.

Since when does Fiat own GM? By my research just now Fiat does not own them? https://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/2009/06/car-brands-who-owns-what/index.htm

That link is from 2013.

FIAT owns Jeep/Chrysler. For a European FIAT's are about the worst cars money can buy. It has nothing to do with GM/Chevrolet a American company.

1 minute ago, straight_stewie said:

Since when does Fiat own GM? By my research just now Fiat does not own them? https://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/2009/06/car-brands-who-owns-what/index.htm

That link is from 2013.

Woops - replace Chevy with Chrysler. Typo.

7 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Highly agreed. In the case of Chevy, they're not even owned by Americans anymore. Fiat (Italian company) fully owns them. So you can't use the "shitty American cars" excuse (which is an excuse) on Chevy - they're no more American than Toyota or VW now.

The Bolt (and Volt) is a pretty good vehicle. My Aunt and Uncle have a Bolt. I've also seen a few up close, and the trim/interior quality seems pretty damn good for the price.

Chevy is owned by GMC.

And I highly disagree. Half of their inventory is rebranded GMC factory rejects. The Volt might be the first decent vehicle they've (Chevy) made since the 80s, but it's also ultimately just a GMC being rebranded.

1 minute ago, straight_stewie said:

That link is from 2013.

Fiat owns Chrysler, Dodge, RAM, and Jeep. Maybe Sterling as well, as those are just the 2nd gen RAM 4500/5500 platform, Tradesman level trim, but with different length and bed options.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.