online gaming now adictive according to S korean law.

mr moose

http://www.news.com.au/technology/gaming/online-gaming-addiction-simliar-to-alcoholism-gaming-industry-should-pay-for-treatment-says-new-s-korea-proposal/story-e6frfrt9-1226781124458

A south Korean proposal states that online gaming is akin to alcoholism and the gaming industry should be made to pay for treatment.

So if you can't make the consumer pay for the treatment you can always blame the industry and try to force them to pay. :rolleyes:

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

It is addictive. Even non multiplayer games like Minecraft are addictive. But making the industry pay is a odd proposal.

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

I agree it's addictive, but the gaming industry to pay for treatment, what? Should the tobacco industry pay for lung cancer treatment then too?

In most countries alcohol and tobacco companies do have to contribute towards healthcare for people who suffer as a result.

Gaming seems like its taking it a bit too far though.

I like the last paragraphs,  "Without online games, kids would talk to their mother and play,"  What every happened to the parent being in charge?  WTF???? 

AND:

"South Korea had the lowest percentage of students who reported being happy at school in 2012 among 65 countries"  that sounds to me like a dodgy or broken education system, you can't blame games for that.  :angry:

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

if they do that the devs there will pack bags and go away because i dont see them paying taxes because people play their game to much and the same goes whit alcohol factory's they aren't going to pay a car crash because the driver consumed KNOWING the consequences... 

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

I agree it's addictive, but the gaming industry to pay for treatment, what? Should the tobacco industry pay for lung cancer treatment then too?

or drug dealers for heroin... oh wait.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Ya lets just blame gaming for our kids problems that's smart... nah not the school system where all you get is judged and picked on that's helpful to your self esteem! lol... the only reason im happy is because of gaming where i can have assess to great communities like this.

Edit: yaaaaay 100 posts :P

CPU: i7 4770k@4.3Ghz GPU: GTX 780ti Motherboard: ROG maximus vi formula PSU: Evga supernova 1000w Platinum

Case: NZXT Switch 810 Memory: g.skill ripjaws X Cooler: Corsair h100i(getting custom loop when i get money next) Storage: Samsung 840 evo 250gb Keyboard: Corsair K95 Mouse: SteelSeries Rival

The industry can certainly do more to raise awareness.  The only platform or games even try to do *ANYTHING* to help this issue is Nintendo.

It is addictive. Even non multiplayer games like Minecraft are addictive. But making the industry pay is a odd proposal.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

"South Korea had the lowest percentage of students who reported being happy at school in 2012 among 65 countries"  that sounds to me like a dodgy or broken education system, you can't blame games for that.  :angry:

Its not necessarily broken as South Korea is in the top 5 of global league tables for educational performance.

Its not necessarily broken as South Korea is in the top 5 of global league tables for educational performance.

I just meant that it is unlikely that it is the games that are causing the unhappiness of students and it is probably something a little more school centric be it cultural, curricular or social.

Yes

Curing shitposts by shitposts

You mean interaction with other people is addictive? I better leave my family and quit school before I become an addict.

Yes

Uh no they shouldn't. It's the consumers' choice. And tobaco companies already spend tons of money advertising against smoking.