$2,000,000 Clean Room! - DriveSavers Data Recovery Tour

7 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Did someone say clean room?

image.png.87db0e7fe82269c3a3c8e88d1db145a6.png

*ahem* what

My profile picure is real. That's what I look like in real life. I'm actually a blue and white African Wild Dog.

Ryzen 9 5900X - MSI Ventus 2x OC 3060 Ti - 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz CL16 - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax

EVGA CLC 280 + 2x140mm NF-A14 - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + WD Black SN750 1TB - Windows 11/10 - EVGA Supernova G3 1000W

And on every second Tuesday replaces them with photos of Llamas.

Good video though :) 

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

I used to do data recovery. 99% of the time it was a snap (I've recovered data from systems with water damage and burned down buildings) but it was that 1% of the time where you really earned your keep. (4GB SQL database file that had been RAIDed across 4 SCSI drives from a server that had been both nailed by a direct lightning strike that ALSO burned down the building....)

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Why did the murderer not just take the phone?

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Just now, Shreyas1 said:

Why did the murderer not just take the phone?

That would make sense. 

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

34 minutes ago, Tcrumpen said:

Forensics would just ping the phone and triangulate the phone using the phone towers

and judging by the murderers previous attempts, i don't think he would have been smart enough to actually turn the thing off :P

6 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

and judging by the murderers previous attempts, i don't think he would have been smart enough to actually turn the thing off :P

Thing is providing the police have a warrant they can actually remotely turn on certain phone devices, i saw a documentary on it

18 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

I used to do data recovery. 99% of the time it was a snap (I've recovered data from systems with water damage and burned down buildings) but it was that 1% of the time where you really earned your keep. (4GB SQL database file that had been RAIDed across 4 SCSI drives from a server that had been both nailed by a direct lightning strike that ALSO burned down the building....)

Are services like this able to recover data from encrypted RAID volumes? Like, say someone accidentally locked themselves out of a volume without the key...Can companies like this decrypt the data and return it decrypted?

16 minutes ago, wljohnson05 said:

Are services like this able to recover data from encrypted RAID volumes? Like, say someone accidentally locked themselves out of a volume without the key...Can companies like this decrypt the data and return it decrypted?

If you have the cash...yes, but I guarantee you won't like the price tag (think 5 to 6 figures)

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

8 hours ago, Tcrumpen said:

Thing is providing the police have a warrant they can actually remotely turn on certain phone devices, i saw a documentary on it

Whether or not they get a warrant is still up for debate in many cases.

10 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

If you have the cash...yes, but I guarantee you won't like the price tag (think 5 to 6 figures)

Yikes. What drives that price up so high? Just the time involved?

8 hours ago, wljohnson05 said:

Yikes. What drives that price up so high? Just the time involved?

Yes, when doing data recovery, it's charged by the time involved and effort, and there is a LOT of effort for something like that.

16 hours ago, DoctorWho1975 said:

Whether or not they get a warrant is still up for debate in many cases.

Depending on teh severity of the case and the grounds on which they want the warrant as well; my knowledge just comes from Crime shows on TV mixed with general conversation with people who studied law at university

37 minutes ago, Tcrumpen said:

Depending on teh severity of the case and the grounds on which they want the warrant as well; my knowledge just comes from Crime shows on TV mixed with general conversation with people who studied law at university

They fight disclosure tooth and nail.. use of Stingrays should require a warrant and use in case should be in court documents... but its not. What police SHOULD do and what they actually do are incredibly different. Don't take crime shows on TV as any indication of any laws.

UNLESS YOU CAN READ, OF COURSE

These comments are my favorite part of all the videos. Except the useful and interesting conent, of course.