Epic Games releases $12 Million worth of Paragon Assets... FOR FREE

18 minutes ago, Eduard the weeb said:

Fyi Fortnite has over 40 million bigger then overwatch, and alot of people who play it are over 10, actually most. like it has more downloads then one of steams most know Ip's Counter Strike a better game imo.

I know how big it is, you can't seem to get away from it. I was referring to the part where people immediately mention Fortnite when they hear Epic Games, and god knows they had much more important games than Fortnite. But you know, its the shit atm, for reasons unknown to me. /ot

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

11 hours ago, SC2Mitch said:

Epic have no need for the work anymore, it's a good move to the community they're packaging it up and giving it away for free. Good PR move, that's for sure. 

It's not just PR I'm afraid. It makes sense to "lose" that money. They can't reuse the assets that much, so by giving them like this they incentivize people to learn their engine  Since they have a lot of assets to play with atbthe beginning. Since it seems licensed only for use in ue4 projects. Since they make revenue on sales of unreal engine powered games, making people use your engine is a good idea since you'll just end up taxing them afterwards when they make money with your engine they learned.

2 hours ago, Danielx64 said:

Is this the first time that this happened? I never seen assets for a game being made public for free like this. So where does one download it?

Cs go mappers often release their assets after their maps have been featured in the game in operations. That's in line with the fact you can use HL2/Portal/TF2/CS assets when available for source mods or projects I'd I remember right.

This isn't the first time Epic Games has done something like this. They also released most (if not all) of the Infinity Blade assets. For those of you who have never heard of it, the Infinity Blade trilogy was for mobile and it was a medieval rpg sort of game. It was actually pretty fun so you could check it out. Last I knew they cost some money but it's a good mobile game.  

1 hour ago, Tm_Carbon said:

This isn't the first time Epic Games has done something like this. They also released most (if not all) of the Infinity Blade assets. For those of you who have never heard of it, the Infinity Blade trilogy was for mobile and it was a medieval rpg sort of game. It was actually pretty fun so you could check it out. Last I knew they cost some money but it's a good mobile game.  

Specifically an iOS exclusive. Had loads of fun with them when I had the iPhone 4S as my daily driver. Still salty that Infinity Dungeon never came. Would have made me buy an iPad 3 on day one. Wish they'd port at least Infinity 3 on Android cause I never got to finish it entirely and playing on a 4" screen sounds retarded and just bad when I have a V10 at my disposal

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Just now, suicidalfranco said:

Specifically an iOS exclusive. Had loads of fun with them when I had the iPhone 4S as my daily driver. Still salty that Infinity Dungeon never came. Would have made me buy an iPad 3 on day one. Wish they'd port at least Infinity 3 on Android cause I never got to finish it entirely and playing on a 4" screen sounds retarded and just bad when I have a V10 at my disposal

I didn't realize it was IOS exclusive. Had an iphone 4 and ipod touch for awhile then I switched to android systems. Never bothered looking into them as I didn't want to pay again. 

I can't wait for the characters to appear in poorly made TF2 SFM mashups