EA being sued

xtbe

EA is being sued for the issues that came up with BF4

It were the investors that have filed a case against the game company

The lawyers claim EA lied by claiming that the game was great and awesome (while knowing about the issues) in order to boost sales

They should also have seen that several EA people sold shares which indicates that they knew about the issues of the game.

EA don't think much will be reached with these claims and told that they will thoroughly defend themselves in court.

Original complaint can be found here: http://www.rgrdlaw.com/media/cases/255_Complaint.pdf

Source :

Overclock 3D forum (http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=59017)

Tweakers.net (http://tweakers.net/nieuws/93273/investeerders-dagen-ea-voor-de-rechter-om-battlefield-4.html) -- Dutch link

plot twist: apple is the investor and sued them! MUAHAHAHAH :P

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

WOOHOO! might bf5 be a good game then :D

Harr, darr and a couple of....... plastic earings?

LTC Wallet: LMiWdifKAN546FjyRspfhmfBWidyRPeEUK

plot twist: apple is the investor and sued them! MUAHAHAHAH :P

If only it was Newegg, they would win...

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Thank god! So disappointed with bf4, want my money back tbh.

they did it because stupid parent who buy the first game they see for their children for christmass, so no BF4 to buy for chirstmass is alot of money they wouldnt have made....

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

they did it because stupid parent who buy the first game they see for their children for christmass, so no BF4 to buy for chirstmass is alot of money they wouldnt have made....

Well they could have released it a week ago without bugs and still crush COD ghosts.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Well they could have released it a week ago without bugs and still crush COD ghosts.

probably, but there is 99.9% that that was the case.

First off, I'd definitely be much happier if they (publishers in general) would only release games which weren't riddled with bugs. Like, who wouldn't?

But when I was reading stuff about this, it seems that the final straw as it were for investors was when EA announced they were holding all DICE projects until BF4 was fixed. Now I don't know about anyone else, but that sounds like a really good move imo, and not something that should be shut down in the future because of the threat of a lawsuit. Obviously the ideal situation is that they actually release a game without any bugs (or at least without any more than your "average game"), but if a game is released which is buggy I don't want them (publishers in general) to be prevented from allocating a lot of resources to fixing them because they're worried about being sued by investors.

Yeah, I think that's everything I wanted to say. Probably.

Good job EA!

post-18625-0-76852300-1387466317.jpg

AMD FX 8320@ Stock - Asus M5A99X Evo R2.0 - Kingston HyperX 8GB 1600Mhz - Corsair Carbide 200R - Powercolor Radeon HD 7950 PCS+OC@970Mhz core 1400Mhz memory - Corsair CS650W - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 
LG 22EA53VQ 21.5" - CM Storm Xornet - CM Storm Quickfire TK - Creative Inspire T3130 2.1

EA. Nothing else to say.

My Rig: i5 3570k at 4.2 GHz 1.12 Volts, Hyper 212 Evo, Maximus V Gene, RM650, 840 Pro and Seagate Barracuda, 8 GB of Sniper Ram, and a GTX 770.

It took me several years to get my check from the Madden class-action. Cashed the check a few months ago.

Air 540, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 4770K, SLI EVGA 980Ti, 16GB Vengeance Pro 2133, HX1050, H105840 EVO 500, 850 Pro 512, WD Black 1TB, HyperX 3K 120, SMSNG u28e590d, K70 Blues, M65 RGB.          Son's PC: A10 7850k, MSI A88X gaming, MSI gaming R9 270X, Air 240, H55, 8GB Vengeance pro 2400, CX430, Asus VG278HE, K60 Reds, M65 RGB                                                                                       Daughter's PC: i5-4430, MSI z87 gaming AC, GTX970 gaming 4G, pink air 240, fury 1866 8gb, CX600, SMSNG un55HU8550, CMstorm greens, Deathadder 2013

It took me several years to get my check from the Madden class-action. Cashed the check a few months ago.

And now you can spend a whole $13! :P

How can you sue for this... Saying a game is good is an opinion and its told to you buy every company about every product...

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

There's a difference between saying a game is good or bad and lying to your own investors who pay your company bills in order to rush a sale at the cost of those investors' money. It's going in the direction of fraud.

My System:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X - CPU Cooling: Corsair Hydro H100i Platinum - Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X570-F - RAM: Neo 16 GB 3600 Mhz - GPU: 2x Sapphire Vapor X R9 290 OC in crossfire - OS SSD: Samsung Nvme SSD 256 GB Second SSD Samsung 840 Pro 512 GB - Games: RAID 0 3 x Seagate 1 TB HDD - Case: NZXT H710i - PSU: Corsair AX860i
Former Rig Picture: http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/image/10157-4-pc-may-2014/