I added rubber/grip tape on the back of my phone to improve grip/anti-slippage.

Finished result:

4xCCmq0.jpg

After being a bit dissapointed with how little anti-slipperiness the dragon skin provided. I looked around and found a Chinese flea market shop nearby selling a rubber feel tape. I have no idea what the tape is supposed to be used for, but it worked surprisingly well for what I wanted. I like one-handing my phone, but due to the size of this phone (LG V20), reaching the top edges of the screen requires me to change my finger stance to essentially hold the phone by the palm of the fingers. Here's a picture of what I mean. So the less slippery the back of the phone, the better. (Before this V20, I used the Nexus 5X. LOVED the back material of the 5X). If anyone know the name of this tape and what's it's intended use, please tell! I'd like to know haha!

More pictures in album.

I'll try to provide a explanation of what I did. I didn't really take any pictures while doing it.

You'll need the tape, box cutter/hobby knife, black marker, rubbing alcohol, and cleaning cloth.

Steps I did to apply this:

1.) Cut tape to length and stick on phone. I opted for a diagonal direction for aesthetic purpose and to avoid covering the volume rocker.

2.) Cut excess off with box cutter/hobby knife.

3.) Mark the edges of the tape with black marker to hide the white adhesive underneath the tape.

4.) Apply rubbing alcohol to cleaning cloth and wipe off the black marker on the surface.

5.) Rub off the edges of the tape with dry cleaning cloth and finger to smooth the edges. 

It's been two weeks so far, it's working flawlessly. A small bit of the edge peeled off, but I fixed it right up by putting some glue under it and rubbing it back down. There's also some minor cuts on the rubber surface itself, probably from keys and what not. But so far it looks like the tape won't be coming off anytime soon. Alas, my adventure of trying to anti-slipperize my V20 is complete. I've tried the dragon skin (as you can see from the pic), and even sprayed plasti dip grip spray That worked for like, one day before it started to peel off. It looked disgusting too. This rubber tape thing? Looks good and works really well.

I recommend anyone who wants a better gripping back to try this. The chinese flea market store even had different colors ranging from red, green, blue, white, and black. So I'd recommend getting a dbrand or whatever skin first, then putting the rubber tape over it.

The dbrand grip skin was supposed to be very good(like really grippy), if your current solution fails try that.

But your current solution maybe even looks better than the grip.

4 minutes ago, Some Random Member said:

The dbrand grip skin was supposed to be very good, if your current solution peels away try that.

Dbrand grip is a case dude. The only skin they advertise for grippiness is the dragon skin.

Just now, crystal6tak said:

Dbrand grip is a case dude. The only skin they advertise for grippiness is the dragon skin.

What is wrong with a case? It protects your phone too...

Considering no major company makes decent cases for my phone, the rubber tape might be a good option for myself.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

13 minutes ago, Some Random Member said:

What is wrong with a case? It protects your phone too...

Makes my already large phone even larger. I already have a Ringke Air case for the V20 which is pretty thin and light. However I still found it made the phone too large. Like it was a difference of being able to comfortable put into my jeans, and not being able to.

The rubber tape solution is for those who want to increase anti-slip without sacrificing their phone thinness.

8 minutes ago, crystal6tak said:

Makes my already large phone even larger. I already have a Ringke Air case for the V20 which is pretty thin and light. However I still found it made the phone too large. Like it was a difference of being able to comfortable put into my jeans, and not being able to.

The rubber tape solution is for those who want to increase anti-slip without sacrificing their phone thinness.

True, also the dbrand doesnt make the case for a large amounts of phones, and for those people like @Zodiark1593 the rubber tape might be a good option .

• 4 weeks later...

Beware they will take your money and not ship you the product.  This happened to me and I have read this from several people.  try reaching out to their customer service before you buy to see if you can talk to someone before you buy.  This  should be a good indication of the response you will get if there is a problem