Whats everybody hyped for in 2018?

KremeyKreme
On 3/9/2018 at 3:13 AM, Wano1997 said:

More information on WoW classic and pokemon for the switch

Just out of curiosity, did you play vanilla WoW?

I loved my vanilla days don't get me wrong but most of what i loved about it just cant be captured again, the sense of comradery and achievement i experienced in my first raiding guild hasn't been matched in the last decade+, it just seems like on the WoW forums, MMO Champ forums and Reddit there's a heap of people that weren't even there thinking its cool or hardcore to bash on casuals and want to play in vanilla because its "hardcore" without even understanding the fact that WoW's success was built on the fact that it was the casual alternative to other more hardcore MMORPG's at the time lol 

Seems to be very fashionably to want to turn the clock back but i'd rather dig my eyes out with a spoon than go back to running along the ground for weeks/months to get to level 40 and get your first mount, a mount that you'll need to carry around in your bag again, i just cant imagine giving up my massive mount/pet and achievement collection. 

Not bashing on you or anything, just genuinely curious to hear a rational thought process on the subject without all of the toxicity. 

Vanilla WoW - will be interesting to see how they implement this

All my favs of 2018 are indies lmao

Insurgency SandStorm

Escape From Tarkov

Battalion 1944 official release

GTFO looks like an amazingly fun coop game

Not only PC:

Sea of thieves - usually i'm not a big fan of online multiplayer, but it'll be fun to play with my brother using Play Anywhere. 

Shadow of the colossus - on it's way to me in physical form (bought a PS4 second-hand and planning of flipping it when i played all the exclusives i'm interested in).
God of War - same as above.
The last of us 2 - same as above.
Cyberpunk 2077 - hopefully will came out this year. I've never been hyped about a game before.
and that's about it. still have a huge list of games to get to, all the way back to 2015 (started Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain not long ago).

PC:

AMD Ryzen 5 1600 | Asus ROG B350-i Gaming | Gigabyte GTX 1080 Windforce | Corsair CX650M | G.SKILL RIPJAW 16GB 3000Mhz | CoolerMaster MasterLiquid 240mm RGB AIO | SK Hynix SC308 256GB M.2 SSD | 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm HDD | Fractal Design Define Nano S

Peripherals:

Red Dragon K552 Kumara RGB | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | LG 29WK600-W 29" UltraWide | Razer Kraken USB 

RDR2, Bethesda e3 conference, well e3 in general because of cyberpunk2077 aswell, maybe it will be a good year to buy star citizen, hopefully starwars rpg, maybe they will announce fable for pc aswell (cross fingers)

This game.

Also RDR2 and FC5 maybe.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Yea I think Far Cry 5 is gonna be the best thing. Although the new Battlefield could also become interesting -> lets see what the setting is gonna be like.

Battle for Azeroth 

Classic WoW (pretty sure this wont be out till 2019 tho)

i5-4670K ~ RX 470 ~ Z87MX-D3H ~ MX300 525GB ~ CM Hyper 212+ ~ 12GB 1600MHz Ram ~ EarthWatts 650 ~ NZXT GAMMA ~ WD Blue 250GB

On 11/03/2018 at 6:54 AM, Newenthusiast said:

Just out of curiosity, did you play vanilla WoW?

I loved my vanilla days don't get me wrong but most of what i loved about it just cant be captured again, the sense of comradery and achievement i experienced in my first raiding guild hasn't been matched in the last decade+, it just seems like on the WoW forums, MMO Champ forums and Reddit there's a heap of people that weren't even there thinking its cool or hardcore to bash on casuals and want to play in vanilla because its "hardcore" without even understanding the fact that WoW's success was built on the fact that it was the casual alternative to other more hardcore MMORPG's at the time lol 

Seems to be very fashionably to want to turn the clock back but i'd rather dig my eyes out with a spoon than go back to running along the ground for weeks/months to get to level 40 and get your first mount, a mount that you'll need to carry around in your bag again, i just cant imagine giving up my massive mount/pet and achievement collection. 

Not bashing on you or anything, just genuinely curious to hear a rational thought process on the subject without all of the toxicity. 

I haven't played vanilla back in 2004, but I've played on plenty of private servers. I know what to expect, that's why I'm hyped for it.

Not everyone has the same taste in games :P

Metro Exodus for sure. Also as many other have said, if they really do release a vanilla WoW remake I am down.

Mount & Blade 2

FarCry 5

Crash Bandicoot N' Sane Trilogy

Dark Souls 1 remaster

Might upgrade the 1080Ti

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

I want amazon game studios to show more about the MMO 'New World' they have poached a bunch of talent from Arenanet Guild Wars 2 team and i'm just really curious as to what they are doing.

On the MMO trend WoW Battle for Azeroth is shaping up to look like a great expansion. I recently went back to WoW had some fun in a raiding guild got my 'Ahead of the Curve' Achievement on the last boss of the current raid tier. Then the guild disbanded... and I cba to find anther raid guild with ideal raid days for my personal life.

I'm not going to be playing Classic WoW when it comes out. As someone who played Vanilla when I was a kid my memories of the original game would be tainted, as they required my child like wonder.

And as others have said Metro Exodus and Monster Hunter World, only monster hunter I have played in the past was a PSP one, had allot of fun and from what I have seen from twitch streamers this one looks like allot of fun as well.

Not so excited for Farcry 5, think im just bored of the formula, maybe they will mix it up enough to get me interested though.

Although it almost certainly won't be this year whenever Halo 6 comes out  given microsofts recent trends I'm expecting a PC release and Halo 5 is the only Halo fps game I have not owned given I never bought into this generation of consoles

Processor: i7 7700k@Stock GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC  Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3200 MHz CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SSD: Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB Case: Phanteks P400s PSU: Gigabyte B700H Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz Mouse: Logitech G900 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ MX Blues