CoD WWII... wow, worst game I have ever played by a mile

Let me start off by thanking whatever god or Gabe Newell or whoever the hell is watching me that I did not pay a penny for this game.

Horrible, fragmented campaign that a 12 year old could have told them was absolutely awful, story-wise? 

Gameplay nearly 100% broken at several points because of just plain lazy porting? ✓

Scenes that punish you (i.e. kill you) for doing exactly what the objective guide says to? ✓

Overpriced? 

Complete disregard and disrespect for history and everyone who died in WWII? ✓

I'm almost on the edge of saying the people who approved this game to be released in the state it was in deserve to be hanged. It's that godawful. I didn't know it was possible for a game to be this bad, but wow. I don't even really know what else to say.

__             __
   .-'.'     .-.     '.'-.
 .'.((      ( ^ `>     )).'.
/`'- \'._____\ (_____.'/ -'`\
|-''`.'------' '------'.`''-|
|.-'`.'.'.`/ | | \`.'.'.`'-.|
 \ .' . /  | | | |  \ . '. /
  '._. :  _|_| |_|_  : ._.'
     ````` /T"Y"T\ `````
          / | | | \
         `'`'`'`'`'`

2 minutes ago, NMS said:

Your tastes might differ from others'.

I wasn't aware there are people who want a 2 hour campaign with an objectively poorly-written story that's all over the place and gameplay breaking missions with tank and aircraft controls due to a poor port.

__             __
   .-'.'     .-.     '.'-.
     ````` /T"Y"T\ `````
          / | | | \
         `'`'`'`'`'`

5 minutes ago, violentnumeric said:

I wasn't aware there are people who want a 2 hour campaign with an objectively poorly-written story that's all over the place and gameplay breaking missions with tank and aircraft controls due to a poor port.

i think what he means is nobody bought it for the campaign

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
    32GB Corsair RGB 3600MT/s CAS18
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
    WD black NVMe SSD 500GB & 1TB samsung Sata ssd & x 1TB WD blue & x 3TB Seagate
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)
    1440p 21:9 100Hz

6 minutes ago, violentnumeric said:

Let me start off by thanking whatever god or Gabe Newell or whoever the hell is watching me that I did not pay a penny for this game.

Horrible, fragmented campaign that a 12 year old could have told them was absolutely awful, story-wise? 

Gameplay nearly 100% broken at several points because of just plain lazy porting? ✓

Scenes that punish you (i.e. kill you) for doing exactly what the objective guide says to? ✓

Overpriced? 

Complete disregard and disrespect for history and everyone who died in WWII? ✓

I'm almost on the edge of saying the people who approved this game to be released in the state it was in deserve to be hanged. It's that godawful. I didn't know it was possible for a game to be this bad, but wow. I don't even really know what else to say.

I've seen worse but it's indeed a big FAIL. No nazi emblem, false histoy here and there, this game would have been "ok" in 2007

Its garbage nowadays 

CPU: Intel i7 6700K 4.5 ghz / CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 / Board: Asus Z170-A / GPU: Asus Rog Strix GTX 1070 8GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000 mhz / SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB / PSU: Corsair RMx 850w / Case: Fractal Design Define S / Keyboard: Corsair MX Silent / Mouse: Logitech G403 / Monitor: Dell 27" TN 1ms 1440p/144hz Gsync

11 minutes ago, violentnumeric said:

Every CoD past like 4 has a terrible boring campaign.

You buy the game for the basic fun multiplayer, and it does a pretty alright job with that. Kinda wish I waited for it to be $30-40 instead of $60 but whatever, it's pretty alright.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

5 minutes ago, violentnumeric said:

Yet I have two friends that enjoyed it and it took them about 5 hours to finish the game.

Just now, WereCat said:

Yet I have two friends that enjoyed it and it took them about 5 hours to finish the game.

5 hours is pretty bad for a full priced AAA game, but I suppose it's not an RPG or like GTA

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Streetguru said:

Every CoD past like 4 has a terrible boring campaign.

You buy the game for the basic fun multiplayer, and it does a pretty alright job with that. Kinda wish I waited for it to be $30-40 instead of $60 but whatever, it's pretty alright.

Exactly. A 60$ multiplayer only experience and don't forget the loot boxes. People who buy this crap will be responsible for the downfall of gaming again, just like back in ET's day.

Just now, Streetguru said:

5 hours is pretty bad for a full priced AAA game, but I suppose it's not an RPG or like GTA

It is quite bad. I really couldnt care less about CoD though, I have not even turned on the SP campaign in BF1 either as I would be probably bored to death before finishing it in 2-3h.

Im loving it - although I am talking about MP here.

After several years of BF ( andhaving enjoyed the MW COD games before that) - I am really into the game right now. Its COD like we all know it, but thats a good thing. No more wall jumping and futuristic BS of the last games...

Although I will say that the maps are not very plentiful and feel like paintball arenas. But the core gameplay is definitely on point.

10 minutes ago, Generallee said:

Exactly. A 60$ multiplayer only experience and don't forget the loot boxes. People who buy this crap will be responsible for the downfall of gaming again, just like back in ET's day.

They've already killed campaign single player modes. Every neckbeard-made indie game on steam is an MMO or has a lazily made single player that allows the illusion of having endless content while it really took the devs almost no time to make and just keeps some people happy through the fact that you can take a different "path" each game even if the end result is always the same thing.

__             __
   .-'.'     .-.     '.'-.
     ````` /T"Y"T\ `````
          / | | | \
         `'`'`'`'`'`

going for this type of games for the single player is like buying a SUV to go do some offroading. 

What's the problem with people paying 60$ for a multiplayer game, no one tricked them, they knew exactly what this game was, it's CoD for god sake.

I played the MP for almost 200 hours now and i am enjoying it. I played nearly every COD since its release and it is one of the good ones in my opinion. The only problem is the PC portation. Getting constant 144 FPS even with a 1080ti is hard and its not well optimized for ryzen :(

The biggest problem in my opinion is the COD community full of toxic flamers....

|| CPU: I7 6950X @4.6 (1.35V) || Cooler: CUSTOM EK LOOP || Motherboard: ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10

|| GPU: 2x Vega 64 Strix OC @1762 / 1100 MHz || Memory: 16GB G.Skill Royal RGB 3200 Mhz ||

HDD: Segate Barracuda 3TB || SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 512 GB || PSU: Corsair HX 1200 W || Case: Fractal Design Define R6 Gunmetal || Fans: Corsair HD120 (x4) / BeQuiet Silent Wings 3 (x4) || Monitor: ACER XF27HU ||

Second Monitor: BENQ RL2455HM || Mouse: Logitech G502 Pretus Core || Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum || Headphones: Sennheiser IE80 ||

Buildlog expirience swapping to x99: 

7 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

America singlehandedly saves the world 

You're welcome.

Spoiler

Buys COD for the campaign. Lol. Never do that. COD has historically shit campaigns since at least MW2 back in 2009. It's all about the multiplayer, which is okay-ish but definitely much better than Potato Warfare and Black Cocks 3.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

6 hours ago, NelizMastr said:

Buys COD for the campaign. Lol. Never do that. COD has historically shit campaigns since at least MW2 back in 2009. It's all about the multiplayer, which is okay-ish but definitely much better than Potato Warfare and Black Cocks 3.

They shouldn't include the campaign if they aren't going to put effort into it so your point is invalid

6 hours ago, joshuawi99 said:

I played the MP for almost 200 hours now and i am enjoying it. I played nearly every COD since its release and it is one of the good ones in my opinion. The only problem is the PC portation. Getting constant 144 FPS even with a 1080ti is hard and its not well optimized for ryzen :(

The biggest problem in my opinion is the COD community full of toxic flamers....

Might wanna try some different drivers or something... my R9 Fury was pegged at 60 so comfortably I'm guessing it would have been 80-90FPS if I had vsync off @ 4k max settings in pretty much all scenes.

__             __
   .-'.'     .-.     '.'-.
     ````` /T"Y"T\ `````
          / | | | \
         `'`'`'`'`'`

another recycled CoD game is shit?  shoulda asked, i would have told you that before you got it. 

Nobody gets CoD for the single player, the campaign has already been trash. its all about the multiplayer, which is the same as the last game, but with a different skin.  im surprised they havent started just copy/pasting the maps directly from the previous game and giving it a new name.

i think the real question here is, did you actually expect something different?

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.