How to upgrade hp pro 6300 MT power supply or HP Elite 8200 sff (fix)

Hey i just discovered something. Basically Without having the L2 connector plugged , the motherboard still give the 4 beeps and red led message. If i look to the last diagram bassically the picture is from behing the connectors , so the 6 pin connector have an odd configuration. On the original 6 pin connector , indeed the wires are the same like on the cable , but somehow on the diagram is different?And that's only if the image shows the back of the connector....

45 minutes ago, SZER0 said:

Hey i just discovered something. Basically Without having the L2 connector plugged , the motherboard still give the 4 beeps and red led message. If i look to the last diagram bassically the picture is from behing the connectors , so the 6 pin connector have an odd configuration. On the original 6 pin connector , indeed the wires are the same like on the cable , but somehow on the diagram is different?And that's only if the image shows the back of the connector....

If you're talking about my diagram, it's written on the diagram that the connector pins were facing away from me so, the view is from the back of the connectors.

i7-8700K l MSI RX 580 8GB ARMOR MK2 MSI - Z370 KRAIT GAMING l G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB DDR4-3200 l Inland 120GB SSD + 1TB HDD Scythe FUMA Rev. B l EVGA 600W 80+ Bronze Certified l Asus VG248QE 144Hz l Zowie FK2 Audio-Technica ATH-AD500X l Phanteks P300 Tempered Glass l Corsair Gaming K70 RAPIDFIRE l windows 10.

2 hours ago, FPS god said:

If you're talking about my diagram, it's written on the diagram that the connector pins were facing away from me so, the view is from the back of the connectors.

I was speaking about the diagram i found it.

• 2 years later...

This thread's still super helpful today. Quick update: bought a "complete" wiring adaptor off eBay, but it was a dud. Green LED blinked on the motherboard, PC wouldn't start. Figured out the 5 to 12V converter wasn't kicking in right. So, I found a workaround: unplugged, then plugged in the ITX connector after the converter settled down.

Got sick of messing with connectors, so I went ahead and installed a switch. Slapped it on the purple wire between the MB and the voltage converter. No more fussing around, just flip the switch off and on.