Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Why not FC?

But honestly, if you drive a Civic here, you're gonna get sooo much hate. Pretty much every civic driven here has been riced to hell and back

That's why you sleeper it.. And FC is so pricey.. I would rather have a gen1 or 2 with a swap.. Not a v8 tho probably like 1jz (inline sounds sex), and yea if you gonna keep them stock.. Best find a spare engine..

Can I get a list because my internet sucks? :(

1 Pop up lights

2 Thin A pillars

3 Manual gearboxes

4 Simple interiors

5 Simple keys

6 T-Tops

7 Being able to fix your own car

8 Lighter weight

9 Sexy steering wheels

10 Full size spare

11 Rust (Joke entry)

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

1 Pop up lights

2 Thin A pillars

3 Manual gearboxes

4 Simple interiors

5 Simple keys

6 T-Tops

8 Lighter weight

9 Sexy steering wheels

10 Full size spare

11 Rust (Joke entry)

I agree with everything but numero uno.

Can I get a list because my internet sucks? :(

Mauals, keys, ease of fixing, full sized spares, sexy steering wheels, rust, t-tops, weight and my all time favorite pop up head lights (winky and sleepy eyes are so dope)

That's why you sleeper it.. And FC is so pricey.. I would rather have a gen1 or 2 with a swap.. Not a v8 tho probably like 1jz (inline sounds sex), and yea if you gonna keep them stock.. Best find a spare engine..

but they're not as expensive as an FD rx7

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Seriously so sexy..

I think this thread has already gone of those a few times before.

They're ridiculous and pointless, just use the space to put headlights and smooth it out for aerodynamics.

but they're not as expensive as an FD rx7

I meant the FC, I get them mixed.. What ever the 90s to current(in japan) are..

1 Pop up lights

2 Thin A pillars

3 Manual gearboxes

4 Simple interiors

5 Simple keys

6 T-Tops

8 Lighter weight

9 Sexy steering wheels

10 Full size spare

11 Rust (Joke entry)

I agree with everything except  4, 5, and 8.

4. I honestly can't drive a car without creature comforts. I just can't. It's gotta have A/C, radio, cruise, and power steering (though it's gotta be hydraulic, not electric)

5. I honestly like keys like the MS6 where you can leave it in your pocket to unlock everything but you still have a knob to actually start the car, not a button. i quite like it.

8. The steering wheels of times past to me are just too plain. i like a bit of complexity in a steering wheel.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

4. I honestly can't drive a car without creature comforts. I just can't. It's gotta have A/C, radio, cruise, and power steering (though it's gotta be hydraulic, not electric)

I don't think you understand what "simple interiors" means. You can have creature comforts in an interior that's designed simply.

I think this thread has already gone of those a few times before.

They're ridiculous and pointless, just use the space to put headlights and smooth it out for aerodynamics.

Looks are more important on a drift car lol ;) as they already have more than enough power to give aerodynamics the middle finger [emoji14]

Looks are more important on a drift car lol ;) as they already have more than enough power to give aerodynamics the middle finger [emoji14]

Uh huh..

I'll just leave this here..

-snips-

Can't go on YouTube so your point has been moot'd. :P

I'll just leave this here..

FSX is pretty anti-wagons and anti-pop up headlights. There really isn't any point talking about it with him  :P

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Can't go on YouTube so your point has been moot'd. [emoji14]

Meh other people can ;) self centered much? [emoji14] (I'm just buggin hah)

FSX is pretty anti-wagons and anti-pop up headlights. There really isn't any point talking about it with him  :P

I just can't find a reason to like them. :P

Meh other people can ;) self centered much? [emoji14] (I'm just buggin hah)

Well you did reply to me with it? :lol:

I don't think you understand what "simple interiors" means. You can have creature comforts in an interior that's designed simply.

Big fat touch screens... *shurgs*

That's truly one thing I hate about newer cars. I like being able to know what I'm doing without having to look at it.

Ugly colour for a stang..

Fox body. Gitten jr's missile..

Actually just watched this for the first time.. LOL @ 2:55..

Big fat touch screens... *shurgs*

That's truly one thing I hate about newer cars. I like being able to know what I'm doing without having to look at it.

I like them because I wouldn't have to stick something to my dash for gps or weather reports.. but aside from that I would miss being able to use something from muscle memory.

Ugly colour for a stang..

Yup.