Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

I just finished high school(gymnasium for techswede). Feels good man.

On more car related news it's funny watching how fancy cars pile on my friend's neighbour's yard.

Now he has an A7, 5 series BMW and a CLA.

Some time ago he also bought a new Dodge Durango allegedly just because it's rare here.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

On more car related news it's funny watching how fancy cars pile on my friend's neighbour's yard.

Some time ago he also bought a new Dodge Durango allegedly just because it's rare here.

Congrats!

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

Well, of course, you wouldn't expect a big, burly american SUV in europe. What year 5 series? Anything past 2003 is trash, honestly.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Congrats!

Thanks.

Well, of course, you wouldn't expect a big, burly american SUV in europe. What year 5 series? Anything past 2003 is trash, honestly.

It looks like the newest model. So trash in terryspeak.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

Thanks.

It looks like the newest model. So trash in terryspeak.

So, iDrive and drive by wire and all that electronic nonsense? Ewww. Well, not really drive by wire, since the E39 had it. Really, the E39 was the last all mechanical BMW 5 series generation before electronics ruined it.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

So, iDrive and drive by wire and all that electronic nonsense? Ewww. Well, not really drive by wire, since the E39 had it. Really, the E39 was the last all mechanical BMW 5 series generation before electronics ruined it.

The little electronics that are in our E39 fail all the time.. so I agree with you there. The car is on it's 3rd LCD display for the headunit/radio and the display in the dash has to be replaced too eventually. Windows have had to be fixed too. But other than that, solid car

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

The little electronics that are in our E39 fail all the time.. so I agree with you there. The car is on it's 3rd LCD display for the headunit/radio and the display in the dash has to be replaced too eventually. Windows have had to be fixed too. But other than that, solid car

Really, the only electronics i would have in that car is a navigation system, automatic A/C, moonroof, power seats, and power windows. everything else can go, especially everything nonessential in the engine.

"Trash"

System: Thinkpad T460

Really, the only electronics i would have in that car is a navigation system, automatic A/C, moonroof, power seats, and power windows. everything else can go, especially everything nonessential in the engine.

Meanwhile out of all those I only have power windows.

Does a cassette to aux adapter count

"Rawr XD"

There isn't much else to feed into the engine if it's NA. It's a cosmetic mod for the most part.

Also sounds a lot better.

Someone find that MCM Mythbusted video on intakes.. I'm on my phone, cant do it

The power might not be there but I can definitely agree that it gives the engine a nicer sound. Even on my Escape Hybrid that I had the intake installed on.

"Rawr XD"

idrive is bearable, the E60 m5 is a pretty awesome car if you can afford the maintenance of the v10. Its a good chassis to mess with. The 535i's are pretty awesome too as you can make some GREAT power with very little modification. The e39 is still the real drivers m5 though. Its a shame that modern cars require so much electronic engine management to be legal on the street. You just dont get that instant response from a cable throttle with modern cars.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

idrive is bearable, the E60 m5 is a pretty awesome car if you can afford the maintenance of the v10. Its a good chassis to mess with. The 535i's are pretty awesome too as you can make some GREAT power with very little modification. The e39 is still the real drivers m5 though. Its a shame that modern cars require so much electronic engine management to be legal on the street. You just dont get that instant response from a cable throttle with modern cars.

I don't care what people think, I think the E60 is a great looking car.

It stands out from all the blah cars and still look modern.

New name for the club?

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

same, i love it. The fact that its not hard to find a e60 m5 for under 30k is pretty awesome too

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

thanks to the OP changing the name, I couldnt find the car thread all day LOL

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

thanks to the OP changing the name, I couldnt find the car thread all day LOL

Follow it!

Not too many notifications anymore.

5th Generation Honda Prelude

Four wheel alignment would be needed. Depending on how much lowering you're doing, a camber kit may be needed.

Electronic glitches happen with a lot of cars these days, particularly those with leading edge features. It normally gets fixed with succeeding generations of the technology.

You can reprogram the response of the electronic throttle with some mods. You can make it very aggressive if needed.

Four wheel alignment would be needed. Depending on how much lowering you're doing, a camber kit may be needed.

1.2 Inch Lowering Springs are what I'm looking at currently

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

You can reprogram the response of the electronic throttle with some mods. You can make it very aggressive if needed.

true, but even then, you dont get the same kind of direct feel. I think the biggest thing that you miss with a electronic throttle is that vibration through the pedal.

Meanwhile out of all those I only have power windows.

Does a cassette to aux adapter count

On an Escape Hybrid? I'd expect no cassette player.

true, but even then, you dont get the same kind of direct feel. I think the biggest thing that you miss with a electronic throttle is that vibration through the pedal.

I wish i actually can drive now. At least i get to drive my dad's 5 speed Protege, so i can mess with it a little bit.

Follow it!

Not too many notifications anymore.

i guess i will... 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

The only reason I like the E6X M5

i288855.jpg

Wagon 

1969-71 dodge charge > all other muscle cars.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

1969-71 dodge charge > all other muscle cars.

Not a muscle car person myself

Rather have my imports / tuners

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB