Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

2 minutes ago, FuzzyYellow said:

except i gots 6 gears, so mine is faster. :P 

i cri evrytiem

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

4 minutes ago, FuzzyYellow said:

except i gots 6 gears, so mine is faster. :P 

I have 7

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

5 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

I have 7

flat,800x800,075,f.jpg

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

6 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

I have 7

but do all 7 gears help you go fast in the same direction?

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

7 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

I have 7

imagine 7 speed awd MX5 xD 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

1 hour ago, bcredeur97 said:

So after taking a breather for a day then hopping in my car this morning and going to work... that sway bar. Gosh there is so much less body roll now it's awesome lol

it makes you feel more connected to it, I love it

I took a decent curve at 40 coming back home, what does it mean not having body roll?

10 minutes ago, FuzzyYellow said:

darn it. he figured it out

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

3 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

I took a decent curve at 40 coming back home, what does it mean not having body roll?

it means taking 90 degree turns at 40 and feeling confident doing it :P

*if you have RE-71R's anyway

Spoiler

Just now, vinyldash303 said:

He means its goong to throw him out of the car before it rolls over :P

Whoa.

Just now, bcredeur97 said:

I'd die. :D

Just now, AlwaysFSX said:

I'd die. :D

nah you'll be fine. I did it today xD 

Spoiler

11 minutes ago, FuzzyYellow said:

start out in R

get to rev limiter

go into 1st

do 360

continue shifting 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

2 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

*if you have RE-71R's anyway

how sharp was the 90 though?

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, FuzzyYellow said:

how sharp was the 90 though?

it was at an intersection to an on-ramp. Speed limit was 45 on the road, I just left the cruise control on (because I use that, a lot). took the turn, then gently sped up to 70ish and merged on the highway lol

the funny part is I could of gone faster... not sure how much. but faster for sure lol

I also did 40 through a roundabout. Which was fun. lol

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

it was at an intersection to an on-ramp. Speed limit was 45 on the road, I just left the cruise control on (because I use that, a lot). took the turn, then gently sped up to 70ish and merged on the highway lol

the funny part is I could of gone faster... not sure how much. but faster for sure lol

there's a loop to merge onto the interstate that I love to take at about 55-60 if no one slow is in front of me (normal people take it at about 30).

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, FuzzyYellow said:

there's a loop to merge onto the interstate that I love to take at about 55-60 if no one slow is in front of me (normal people take it at about 30).

we have one of those here, but it sounds a bit tighter than yours. most people do it at 25 or so. 

I've done 65 on it... I think. All I know is >60 for sure. Can't look at the speedo and take corners that fast at the same time you know? lol. You're making me curious how fast I can do it in the RE-71R's lol

Spoiler

7 hours ago, techswede said:

A koala that's seen some shit i guess.. There is just something about the design that makes it seem dead inside. 

Judging by how they've designed it it seems like they tried to make it look as non-threatening as possible. 

They haven't given it any features at all. It kind of freaks me out now that i've looked at it for a while.

Wouldn't want that coming at me at all.. 

i honestly see self driving cars in 40years have no style whatsoever because people see cars as a utility, so they won't care how the fuck their car looks, as long as it drives. so it's kinda sad that self driving cars might lead to that.

6 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

The Saab in the photo doesn't have the front lip so keep that in mind, but I found someone else that's done this. I love it. May have them powdercoated a gunmetal color or even black eventually

And Saab centercaps will still fit, so I can get the Carbon Fiber looking caps I want so badly

https://www.saabpartsdepot.com/products/wheel-center-cap-12775052cf?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=googlepla&variant=6228817923&gclid=CjwKEAiAuc_FBRD7_JCM3NSY92wSJABbVoxBoJa65E_-eKJE-2KQdUFsDsZD4XYnDNL-ieBju4KV1RoClRDw_wcB

IMGP0763.JPG

IMGP0764.JPG

0_IMAGE_0651.jpg

Thoughts on the styling?

o shit that actually looks pretty good.

5 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

Ian's car is still for sale

I still want her so badly. But I don't have $3500 laying around for another car

15181315_1803959456540432_6735428921626309999_n.jpg

15181216_1803959509873760_4745000512246588674_n.jpg

well why didn't you buy this instead of the saab?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

18 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

your miata has CC? i thought it wasn't a thing on the miata lol

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

holy shit i think all of the regulars of this thread seem to be online as of this typing....:ph34r::ph34r:

CIAS-17 Mercedes Benz E63S AMG (W213) Edition 1 Sedan [1] (10).jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

I'm going to need a few moments.

AdiBPrO.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Soo I've been doing research about this vibration quite a bit and learned a few things. The main one is that vibration on acceleration can be caused by bad CV axles. I had just replaced mine a week ago and this started happening shortly after. Pulling into my driveway at a low speed today I heard the classic bad CV axle binding noise which leads me to this.

Now, the problem is that I already threw out my old axle and packaging for the new one because the new one felt really good during my first drive and has degraded since. I got it off amazon. I've had it with aftermarket shit, but buying an OEM one isn't an option right now because its nearly 400 dollars. 

wat do

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

17 minutes ago, vetali said:

Soo I've been doing research about this vibration quite a bit and learned a few things. The main one is that vibration on acceleration can be caused by bad CV axles. I had just replaced mine a week ago and this started happening shortly after. Pulling into my driveway at a low speed today I heard the classic bad CV axle binding noise which leads me to this.

Now, the problem is that I already threw out my old axle and packaging for the new one because the new one felt really good during my first drive and has degraded since. I got it off amazon. I've had it with aftermarket shit, but buying an OEM one isn't an option right now because its nearly 400 dollars. 

wat do

Warranty it. Get new one in and pack it with grease yourself. Properly. Then see if it lasts?

gosh that's a lot of a work tho.

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Warranty it. Get new one in and pack it with grease yourself. Properly. Then see if it lasts?

gosh that's a lot of a work tho.

I don't have a CV boot clamp tool, or the patience. I'm just warrantying it, and if that presents the same issues then I'll have to deal with it until I can afford OEM or a new car. 

Sup guys, been reading this thread for a while but never posted. So i figured it's finally time for me to make my introduction. 

This is my daily an 04 Colorado z71.  It works perfectly fine as a daily and hauling light loads, but i haven't got a chance to try it off-road yet.

Spoiler

IMG_20170227_173945750.jpg

And this is my weekend/project car.  A 75 camaro with plenty of rust, not enough power, absurd amounts of body roll, and i couldn't love it more.

Spoiler

7418.jpg