Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Just now, vinyldash303 said:

That got dark real quick

every autonomous car in the us just sets their destination to the local burger king and pins the throttle at 100% xD 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

1 hour ago, jasonvp said:

It's getting cooler here and I have to drive somewhat more carefully.  Cold roads and cold tires mix poorly with cold air into the engine.  Lots more torque and no grip.  But with that in mind: the cars are two completely different things.  I loved the ZR1: it made me giggle like a stupid little school boy every time I stomped on the loud pedal.  The Z06 is that to a much larger degree.

The interior, comfort, amenities, etc, etc are just immensely different and substantially better in the Z06.

The real test will be next spring when I get it out on the track for the first time.

Ah I see. The ZR1 is one of my favorite cars. Really like that color of your Z06

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

Lol instant market adjustment, nice try BMW Toronto. Have a friend who works there tip me off about it's delivery last night but didn't say anything about the price. Now I know why. 

@MEC-777

Screenshot_2016-12-09-13-51-37.png

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

5 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

Lol instant market adjustment, nice try BMW Toronto. Have a friend who works there tip me off about it's delivery last night but didn't say anything about the price. Now I know why. 

@MEC-777

$234.200 for a bmw m4? 

giphy.gif

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

2 hours ago, techswede said:

$234.200 for a bmw m4? 

giphy.gif

It's the GTS... :/

You can as much power as an M5 E60, for 10 times the price. Legit.

(4 cylinders less, 2 seats less, 2 turbos more, less weight, more rollcage, more downforce and more brakes :| Oh and less noise)

Edited by JoaoPRSousa
SORRY V10 BMW GODS IM SORRY

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Just now, JoaoPRSousa said:

It's the GTS... :/

You can as much power as an M5 E60, for 10 times the price. Legit.

(2 cylinders less, 2 seats less, 2 turbos more, less weight, more rollcage, more downforce and more brakes :|)

Its a "Lightweight" M4 that still weighs 1.5 tonnes. And doesn't have anything special going for it 

And its in fucking Lamborghini Huracan territory. 

10 minutes ago, techswede said:

Its a "Lightweight" M4 that still weighs 1.5 tonnes. And doesn't have anything special going for it 

Cars are just overpriced now

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

14 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Cars are just overpriced now

Yeah but that price is just hilarious. 

If i had that much money to spend i would've walked into a bmw dealer for a laugh and then gone straight to dodge. Two hellcats? Yes please. And a fucking boat

Nope. Scratch that. One hellcat and this freaking Murray Peterson schooner

http://www.boats.com/sailing-boats/1983-murray-peterson-schooner-6036438/

4 minutes ago, techswede said:

Yeah but that price is just hilarious. 

If i had that much money to spend i would've walked into a bmw dealer for a laugh and then gone straight to dodge. Two hellcats? Yes please. And a fucking boat

Even parts are starting to get really expensive compared to where they were a couple years back. Really need to get into doing a few investments soon if I want to keep this hobby forever

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Just now, RevoltTrain said:

Even parts are starting to get really expensive compared to where they were a couple years back. Really need to get into doing a few investments soon if I want to keep this hobby forever

The schooner i edited into the post you quoted would be a sound investment :ph34r:

Just now, techswede said:

The schooner i edited into the post you quoted would be a sound investment :ph34r:

Only looking to invest at most 4 or 5K USD, which I mean is a decent start, but not the best

Here's the exhaust I want on a moving car with nothing done other than the exhaust according to the OP on reddit. I neeeeeeeeeeed it so badly

1 minute ago, RevoltTrain said:

Only looking to invest at most 4 or 5K USD, which I mean is a decent start, but not the best

I'm halfway into a daydream about owning a boat.. I'm not the best person to talk investments with

28 minutes ago, techswede said:

Debatable.

The people who I know who currently own a M4 GTS all did European delivery at the factory, which is technically still cheaper after flights and the fact that they spent 2 weeks touring across Europe (so hotels + food)

huracan.png

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

1 minute ago, chaozbandit said:

Debatable.

The people who I know who currently own a M4 GTS all did European delivery at the factory, which is technically still cheaper after flights and the fact that they spent 2 weeks touring across Europe (so hotels + food)

Yeah but the GTS doesn't make sense to me at all..

A schooner outfitted with sixteen guns however..

4 minutes ago, techswede said:

I'm halfway into a daydream about owning a boat.. I'm not the best person to talk investments with

Boats are a money pit, so are sandrails, and snowmobiles.

Source: We have all of them on the property and they all constantly have issues.

Although the snowmobiles may be being sold soon to add onto the driveway, take out a few trees, and add a roofed enclosure off the side of the garage for another car (Saab :D) or two maybe

2 minutes ago, techswede said:

guns 

The RCMP would frown upon this.

Folding@Home | BOINC

1 minute ago, chaozbandit said:

This is true

1 minute ago, RevoltTrain said:

Boats are a money pit, so are sandrails, and snowmobiles.

Source: We have all of them on the property and they all constantly have issues.

Although the snowmobiles may be being sold soon to add onto the driveway, take out a few trees, and add a roofed enclosure off the side of the garage for another car (Saab :D) or two maybe

Yeah boats are a money pit.. But i want one.. Been entertaining the idea of a houseboat for a while

Just now, chaozbandit said:

A full broadside would turn that frown into a.. fine red paste?

1 minute ago, techswede said:

Yeah boats are a money pit.. But i want one.. Been entertaining the idea of a houseboat for a while

A full broadside would turn that frown into a.. fine red paste?

They're definitely fun to own and use, but your wallet will hate you

Anime Thread is only 500 or so pages ahead of us IIRC, and the last post was on Tuesday, we'll catch up in no time

2 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

They're definitely fun to own and use, but your wallet will hate you

I will have time to fortify my wallet before i go for it. 

Just now, techswede said:

I will have time to fortify my wallet before i go for it. 

We have a fishing boat (Nothing crazy really just run of the mill) and a cousin of mine has a really nice pontoon, the pontoon I much prefer, only thing I'd take over one of those if it was my choice would be a 1JZ powered boat :ph34r:

8 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

We have a fishing boat (Nothing crazy really just run of the mill) and a cousin of mine has a really nice pontoon, the pontoon I much prefer, only thing I'd take over one of those if it was my choice would be a 1JZ powered boat :ph34r:

Put a 2j in the pontoon boat xD

One boat i've wanted for a long time is a Pt-boat. Too bad they are almost impossible to find and probably waaay out of my pay grade..