Laptop LCD screen replacement: $150?

I bought a gaming laptop about 4 months ago and I accidentally splashed some liquid on to the screen and now the edges have a yellow discoloration which is very noticeable and I looked up LCD screens online for my model and it was only $70 so I decided why not fix it. 

Went to a place to have it done for me (I sourced the LCD myself) and they said to replace it will be $150 for the labor. 

Is this how much it usually costs to replace an LCD screen? Is it overcharge? 

Core i7 2700K Oc'ed 4.4 Ghz, EVGA GTX 970 ACX 2.0 SC'ed, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, 240 GB Intel 730 SSD and 2 TB 7200 RPM HDD, Zalman Z9 plus case with 7 blue LED fans, Windows 10 Preview 

Check ifixit, they usually have guides on how to do it yourself. And if not, youtube can be a valuable tool.

It can be time consuming, and also you have to be very careful, but 150 dollars is a bit absurd if you ask me

Frostbite (White build PC)

Spoiler

MSI B350M Mortar Arctic - Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 GHz - Corsair H60 - ASUS GTX 1060 3GB DUAL OC @ (2130 MHz Core Clock + 4600 MHz Mem Clock)

2x8GB 3200MHz Corsair Vengeance C16 Corsair 400C White - EVGA 650 GQ

Razer Deathadder Chroma - Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition Chroma - Sennheiser HD 598 SR - LG 24MP59G-P

It's the businesses margin, the only electronics I've ever broken were laptops.

I recommend DIY with an anti static wristwrest plus patience.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

2 hours ago, Jackgamer91 said:

I bought a gaming laptop about 4 months ago and I accidentally splashed some liquid on to the screen and now the edges have a yellow discoloration which is very noticeable and I looked up LCD screens online for my model and it was only $70 so I decided why not fix it. 

Went to a place to have it done for me (I sourced the LCD myself) and they said to replace it will be $150 for the labor. 

Is this how much it usually costs to replace an LCD screen? Is it overcharge? 

A long time ago I cracked a laptop screen. Was quoted $199-$499 for the monitor and $80 labor. Laptops can be a bitch to repair, which is why they charge so much. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.