R9 290X DCU2 Review Out Now!

MasterJV

Its coming. R9 290X with customs cooler are coming Ahhhh YEAHHHH. Reviews for the DCU2 versions has come out.

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/64694-asus-r9-290x-directcu-ii-oc-review.html

HardwareCanuck has given it the DamnGood value reward. I'm still waiting for the anandtech review to come out though

Edit: Article says the card will be available in January

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

The overclocked results are actually extremely impressive, at least as far as gains over stock go. Actually extremely impressive in general. be interesting to see what happens with Mantle, based on these results.

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

loving the no red the all black is sexy cant wait for the r9 290 non x

Main Rig: CPU: 3570k Mobo: ga-z77x-ud5h-wb :RAM: 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 :gpu crossfire amd 290's Case: zalman z9 plus Cooler: h80i p/p SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb wd green 4tb seagate desktop                                              

Girlfirends: CPU: 8350 Mobo 990fxa-ud3 Ram 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 gpu: his 7850 case: inwin dragon rider SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb seagate                                                                                                                                         

No red colors? Asus gone black! They'll never go back!

loving the no red the all black is sexy cant wait for the r9 290 non x

From the article:

"In keeping with their current motherboard coloring schemes, they will be including two metallic sticker packages with the R9 290X DirectCU II: one which is ROG red while the other meshes well with their other boards."

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

From the article:

"In keeping with their current motherboard coloring schemes, they will be including two metallic sticker packages with the R9 290X DirectCU II: one which is ROG red while the other meshes well with their other boards."

i saw that after i posted still im goin all black or try to get custom blue stickers made up

Main Rig: CPU: 3570k Mobo: ga-z77x-ud5h-wb :RAM: 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 :gpu crossfire amd 290's Case: zalman z9 plus Cooler: h80i p/p SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb wd green 4tb seagate desktop                                              

Girlfirends: CPU: 8350 Mobo 990fxa-ud3 Ram 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 gpu: his 7850 case: inwin dragon rider SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb seagate                                                                                                                                         

Wow, exceeding the reference 780Ti @ $130 cheaper, at 60% fan speed [someone take this to 100% please!] on 1337mv too.

And this is before we see any possible further improvements from Mantle

Me want. 

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

YEAH!

Edit: Im throwing my money on my screen and it's not working :((

Tried it too. May have to buy a new monitor :P

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

Hmm no temp info at all, and those numbers are pretty mediocre, unless thats all the 290x can do, if so lol i dont se the fuss over this.

The reviewer has only had 12 hours with the card. He will update it as time goes by and he has time to do further testing.

Pretty bad, I expected numbers to be like these.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Pretty bad, I expected numbers to be like these.

Yeah definitely, nobody can imagine a world where Nvidia can outperform AMD with a card that's $200 more!

The 290X beat the 780 Ti in 3 games, tied it in 2 games and was slower in 3.
That's mighty impressive for 150$ less.
Overclocked, it was faster than the 780 Ti.

Keep in mind guys the Gigabyte 780 Ti Ghz Edition has absolutely no overclocking headroom left, so it's basically a 780 TI OCed to the max.
http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/64491-gigabyte-gtx-780-ti-ghz-edition-review-8.html

Hmm no temp info at all, and those numbers are pretty mediocre, unless thats all the 290x can do, if so lol i dont se the fuss over this.

Look a bit harder..

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/64694-asus-r9-290x-directcu-ii-oc-review-10.html

CPU: i7 4770k | GPU: Sapphire 290 Tri-X OC | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 2x8GB | MTB: GA-Z87X-UD5HCOOLER: Noctua NH-D14 | PSU: Corsair 760i | CASE: Corsair 550D | DISPLAY:  BenQ XL2420TE

Firestrike scores - Graphics: 10781 Physics: 9448 Combined: 4289

"Nvidia, Fuck you" - Linus Torvald

The 290X beat the 780 Ti in the 3 games, tied it in 2 games and was slower in 3.

That's mighty impressive for 150$ less.

Overclocked, it was faster than the 780 Ti.

Keep in mind guys the Gigabyte 780 Ti Ghz Edition has absolutely no overclocking headroom left, so it's basically a 780 TI OCed to the max.

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/64491-gigabyte-gtx-780-ti-ghz-edition-review-8.html

I volunteer as tribute! :3 

Edit: for the 290x

Hopefully the price won't be the current inflated price and the supply of the non-reference cards makes the prices go back down.

Official price is $569.

Yes, but that doesn't mean retailers like newegg won't jack up prices since there is such a big demand.

Just look at the current prices of the reference cards, it's $630.

Yes, but that doesn't mean retailers like newegg won't jack up prices since there is such a big demand.

Just look at the current prices of the reference cards, it's $630.

That's probably because of the holiday season, cryptocurrencies also crashed, so people are less likely to buy cards for mining now.

Meh I will just get a G10 and a X40

i7 4770k/Asus GTX 1080 TI/Asus RX5500 XT/Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB/Samsung 840 Pro 256GB/Seagate Barracuda 3TB/AX860i/ASUS Z87 PRO/Fractal Design Define R4/HD 598

That's probably because of the holiday season, cryptocurrencies also crashed, so people are less likely to buy cards for mining now.

No it's not because of the holiday season.

Well, maybe a little bit but as far as I know, Litecoin recently got a lot of attention along with others like Dogecoin.

Therefore, people have been buying up AMD cards left and right; even the old generation cards like 7950/7970/7990 have seen price increases due to demand.

On the other hand, prices on nvidia cards seems to be pretty stable/same.