How strong power supply do i need?

ThunderSF

I pick a parts for my new gaming pc, and i need help for power supply. Thank you!

CPU: Intel i7 7820x
GPU: Asus STRIX nVidia 1080ti
RAM: 32GB HyperX Predator 3000MHz

MB: Asus Strix x299-e

SSD: 2x Samsung 960 EVO m.2

Liquid cooling: Kraken x52

And some RGB fans, strips and NZXT hue+...

4 minutes ago, ThunderSF said:

I pick a parts for my new gaming pc, and i need help for power supply. Thank you!

I'd say 1000w if you want to get the most efficiency, but those can be pretty expensive, but it seems like price isnt an issue.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/TRfp99/corsair-power-supply-cp9020074

Something like this would be perfect.

15 minutes ago, ThunderSF said:

For a 7820X (why get that when you can get a much cheaper AMD 8-core..??) and a 1080Ti I'd recommend a 650W PSU. A 650W TXM should be plenty.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/PVzZxr/corsair-txm-gold-650w-80-gold-certified-semi-modular-atx-power-supply-cp-9020132-na

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

you'd still be wide with 750W, like 100W to spare. efficiency is throw around way too much it's a difference of a few cents on your powerbill people get over it. you'd be paying double for the PSU for that kind of savings?

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
    32GB Corsair RGB 3600MT/s CAS18
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
    WD black NVMe SSD 500GB & 1TB samsung Sata ssd & x 1TB WD blue & x 3TB Seagate
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)
    1440p 21:9 100Hz

Based on the fact that you don't know how many watts your PSU should be, im gonna assume this is your first build (or at least on of).

First

Question whether you really need a 1080ti, its so powerful that unless you're going above 1080p then i'd get a 1070. You should consider the fact that gpus are really expensive right now because of mining and that nvidia could drop there next gen of gpu's in the next few months. and even if you don't want next gen gpus, just know the price on the 1000 series will drop 

Second

Why go x299. I would personally go z370 and get an 8700k. if the pc is for gaming then there isn't much point to more than 6 cores, but if you need more cores or have another reason for it, thats understandable. It's just considerably more expensive and beyond a certain point, more cores can hurt your gaming performance

Third

I personally own the 32GB HyperX Predator 3000MHz and it looks soooo good. but do you need 32gb of ram? This one is a lesser issue, it just that ram price is currently very high and usually 16gb of ram is enough to do everything and some. but again, it wouldn't hurt to get more

finally

The PSU wattage, I would be looking at about 750 watts. under load your system should use between 400-500 watts. the extra bit is just so youre not running the PSU at 100% and for better efficiency 

On the other hand, if you have the money, do what ever you want

11 minutes ago, Horsin_Aorund said:

finally

The PSU wattage, I would be looking at about 750 watts. under load your system should use between 400-500 watts. the extra bit is just so youre not running the PSU at 100% and for better efficiency 

Because those 3% of efficiency is really going to pay off... All PSUs from any decent brand is rated to run at a 100% load at their max rated temperature for the entirety of their warranty. So that's not an issue

:)

550-650W. Assuming overclocks. 

If you want a quiet PSU, something like the Prime Titanium, RMx/i or Straight Power 11. 

:)

Ty all for advices, this pc will be used for video editing, gaming and graphic designing. I think that is ok and in my countr (Serbia,EU) we have some nice sales on cpus and ram.

Ty one more time for help!!!