Kinguin Official Thread - contact a site representative.

Kinguin Official
Go to solution Solved by Guest,
14 minutes ago, Keith W said:

Given the above in the community standards I am very surprised that kinguin has been given industry affiliate status on the forum, surprised also that this thread has not been closed down.

The reselling, certainly in the case of Microsoft, of OEM licence codes/volume license codes is not allowed/is illegal

Who at LMG gave clearance for this?

@LinusTech can you shed any light on this?

Kinguin was granted Industry Affiliate status here because that is what they are, for good or bad they are the official representative account of Kinguin. Whether their products are legitimate is not my decision to judge as an administrator of this forum. That is up to the consumer to decide whether or not they wish to do business.

I am not a paid employee of Linus Media Group, and thus not privy to,  so cannot speak for any partnership or endorsements provided by @LinusTech or his staff. I can however say with 100% certainty that this Industry Affiliate status is separate of any relationship there.

Kinguin requested Industry Affiliate status on the basis of wanting to be able to provide customer service to those members who requested it - this is no different to anything Western Digital, EK, Corsair or any of our other industry affiliate members are here for. All of the Industry Affiliates are bound by a specific set of requirements, outlined in the 2nd half of our Community Standards here.

As this thread however has turned into a witch hunt against Kinguin and its business practices, I will lock this.

1 minute ago, Pangea2017 said:

with $5 per key and a key cost around $30 it can work. I don't think that more then 1/6 of the persons are complaining about problems.

I'm getting that as I read through but unless it's like G2A where if you didn't get buyers protection they told you to fuck off and your money was gone

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

Idk what you expect when not paying MS $180 for a key directly

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

5 minutes ago, FlatBrokeRacing said:

I can 100% guarantee the sellers on there are doing the SAME thing as the sellers on EBAY and that is re-selling OEM keys off defunct PC's which IS NOT ILLEGAL.

Actually, it's one part of MS' EULA that would be held up in court, and MS cannot get into legal trouble disabling installs running fraudulent licences.

And unless the reseller is selling OEM licence ranges set asside for undividual resale, or the OEM licence is a refurbish licence, it's fraudulent. Kinguin sales are seldom either of those. Kinguin is also responsible for dealing with fraudulent third parties, but they don't care.

It's a grey market selling digital goods of shady sources.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

6 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Is it Kinguin putting it back up or a 3rd party who sells it?

Didn't bother asking. Was just told that it would be put back up for resale, and I would be refunded minus Buyer Protection and "fees" after it had sold.

Really though, does it matter who sells it? Kinguin is either reselling a bad key themselves or allowing someone else to do so. How are they verifying that these keys aren't bad when they're complained about? Are they calling Microsoft with the key and saying that their key isn't working, could they please check the status of the license? Do you know how many times I've done that with OEM keys stuck to the side of computers I was reselling before listing them as having a valid Windows license? Or do they just say, "Hey, seller, the buyer says this key doesn't work. Is that true?", and take the seller at their word because sellers on websites with zero meaningful buyer protections would never lie?

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

So use PAYPAL if you think kinguin wont refund you in full. 

@SC2Mitch 

You think everything on AMAZON or EBAY are legit? lol yeah because no one has ever been scammed on there before 9_9, as for other companies doing much worse, oh i dont even know where to start that list, there are a billion companies with things you use every day, from products at the grocery store, to pharmaceutical companies, oil companies, power companies, governments, the list goes on here.

No everyone has their right to express something, but you guys going on full on FLAME blast are not doing anyone any good. Its like a protest in here more than airing issues and expecting responses. Most any company is not going to talk with hot heads, so acting like one is just like coming in here and seeing a 3 year old having a melt down in a supermarket because mommy wont buy you a toy.

@Drak3 EULA states that you cannot resell a windows key? So it means when ever someone sell's a PC to another person, that windows key is illegal? xD I'd like to see that one in court.

Just now, FlatBrokeRacing said:

EULA states that you cannot resell a windows key? So it means when ever someone sell's a PC to another person, that windows key is illegal? xD I'd like to see that one in court.

One cannot transfer an OEM key without qualifying the key as a refurbish, nor can OEM keys be sold to individuals outside of certified third parties (Kinguin and every reseller on Kinguin aren't).

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

2 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Didn't bother asking. Was just told that it would be put back up for resale, and I would be refunded minus Buyer Protection and "fees" after it had sold.

Really though, does it matter who sells it? Kinguin is either reselling a bad key themselves or allowing someone else to do so. How are they verifying that these keys aren't bad when they're complained about? Are they calling Microsoft with the key and saying that their key isn't working, could they please check the status of the license? Do you know how many times I've done that with OEM keys stuck to the side of computers I was reselling before listing them as having a valid Windows license? Or do they just say, "Hey, seller, the buyer says this key doesn't work. Is that true?", and take the seller at their word because sellers on websites with zero meaningful buyer protections would never lie?

@Kinguin Official

Here is a good question if you could answer this, I realize you are a market place, but would like to know how issues of keys not working are delt with, I would imagine there may be some issues every now and then where a reign locked key might be marked or sold incorrectly validating a resale of that key due to a mistake, but if there is a dispute where a key doesnt work, do you guys have process's for verifying, or is that up to the Merchant to supply the required proof and/or not even asked about.

@Kinguin Official If one does not purchase your buyer protection plan, is there an avenue that can be taken for key protection if said person does not get a working key? I'm assuming by purchasing your protection plan, It is to expedite the process? Can you please elaborate more on this service you are offering?

23 hours ago, Kinguin Official said:

Hello,

We have noticed that in past there were questions regarding our store on this forum. Thus, we would like to open this thread as a direct contact channel with our representatives. Feel free to message us in case of any issue or question. We will be more than happy to assist you!

We are excited to be here and looking forward to talking with you.

Ewa - Kinguin Customer Service

1. Why should we believe your sellers have legit Windows licenses for $30 when huge OEMs like Dell pay in the neighborhood of $50 each for Windows licenses on the computers they sell?
  2. Why do your sellers seem to have more bargaining power to acquire legit Windows licenses at low prices than huge companies like Dell?
  3. If I asked Microsoft would they say the supposed licenses sold on your site are legit?
  4. Why are you so special that your partners can profitably sell OEM Windows for $30 yet large retailers such as newegg and amazon charge $90 to $100 for OEM copies? Are they screwing us over?

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

Yes, it does matter who sells it.  Because whoever relists and sells it is the one at fault.  Blaming one person for the actions of another isn't fair.  Also, go back to where I mentioned the platform being irresponsible. 

In the instance of the original sale, you're correct, it is completely on the seller.

In the instance of a resale, where Kinguin is explicitly permitting the seller to resell the key (if they aren't doing it themselves), they are just as culpable as the seller who's working to offload the key if they fail to verify that they key is valid, but then allow it to be sold as such on their platform. If a bad key is sold on eBay, the buyer is refunded, the seller's account is debited to cover it, and that's the ballgame. The buyer's refund is not dependent upon a fraudulent key being resold.

2 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Yes, it does matter who sells it.  Because whoever relists and sells it is the one at fault.  Blaming one person for the actions of another isn't fair.  Also, go back to where I mentioned the platform being irresponsible. 

You're missing something critical here: eBay, without requiring extra fees, will ensure that seller's are held responsible should complaints be raised.  It's pretty easy to file a claim on eBay (Or Amazon Marketplace for that matter) and get a refund should there be any issues with the quality or authenticity of your purchases.

@Drak3 I call horse shit, i'd love to see that held up in the court of law, do you know how many illegal windows licenses there are out there just from the used PC market? Virtually every computer shop, person on craigslist, kijiji, etc that has sold a computer over the years has sold something illegal xDxD I'm genuinely curious to this because that would involve easily 99% of used PC sales, and millions upon millions of people. I have also known people that have called Microsoft when a key has been locked to a motherboard and had it verified and activated with out a peep from microsoft. You would think after all this time that and how available theys keys are, microsoft would be jumping all over this boat of money and missed opportunity with lawyers and law agents. 

Just now, Canada EH said:

OP aint gunna comment

you know that right

Tbf, they have made one response.

OP aint gunna comment

you know that right

if they comment on all of the issues raised i'll be like

Image result for jazz music stops 

The opening post?

3 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

OP aint gunna comment

you know that right

I wouldnt blame them one bit, would you comment to a bunch of people that genuinely don't give a fuck what your response is and have their guns loaded and pointing at you? Its like a gosh darn protest in here. half the people in here couldnt act like a civilized human being with a few questions taking an interest in something if their life depended on it bunch of fucking baby hoons.

Just now, FlatBrokeRacing said:

I wouldnt blame them one bit, would you comment to a bunch of people that genuinely doing give a fuck what your response is and have their guns loaded and pointing at you? Its like a gosh darn protest in here. half the people in here couldnt act like a civilized human being with a few questions taking an interest in something if their life depended on it bunch of fucking baby hoons.

What the heck are you on about? 

2 minutes ago, tjcater said:

Tbf, they have made one response.

Yes, but they are clearly going to tippy toe, ignore many questions and give standard boilerplate response.  Frankly, considering the amount of controversy that Kinguin attracts, I'm surprised the mod's allowed this.

Kinguin isn't a direct dealer of digital keys, but a platform that allows third parties to showcase their offers. No matter what kind of product you seek to purchase, there will always exist a risk of getting a faulty item.

Why all the moaning, sheesh, its like me blaming Craigslist or Kijiji for what a person sells. Just get over it, there are more important things to worry about in life, atleast for me!

1 minute ago, AshleyAshes said:

Yes, but they are clearly going to tippy toe, ignore many questions and give standard boilerplate response.  Frankly, considering the amount of controversy that Kinguin attracts, I'm surprised the mod's allowed this.

I'm surprised that this thread hasn't been nuked out of existence yet..... 

Why all the moaning, sheesh, its like me blaming Craigslist or Kijiji for what a person sells.

Because we have an opinion and we can speak up on Kinguin for sketchy business practices? 

Just now, valdyrgramr said:

They are not as bad as the seller, but being irresponsible as ebay and amazon.

I disagree. Strongly. Amazon and eBay refund you when you get screwed, period. I've been on both sides of this on eBay, both as the buyer with a complaint and the seller being complained about. Trust me when I say that eBay is swift, decisive and, if you're a seller, rather merciless. Ever had someone claim INAD on a motherboard listed as "For Parts or Not Working" because it doesn't work, and eBay takes your money back anyway?

My day job is largely centered around making sure people don't get screwed. It infuriates me when I see a company (marketplace or not) offer Buyer Protection that really isn't anything beyond the same F-U you'd get if you hadn't paid for it, and when the refund offered by that service is completely tied into resale of the fraudulent merchandise you purchased in the first place.

Do you know what would happen to me if a buyer on eBay claimed INAD on one of my items and I told them I'd gladly relist the item for them after I get it back, then refund them minus shipping and a restocking fee after the defective merchandise resells? I wouldn't just lose that case instantly, I'd probably be banned! On Kinguin, it seems that's SOP based upon their own comments.

1 minute ago, SC2Mitch said:

What the heck are you on about? 

nothing its been entertaining, but i'm out, have fun

1 minute ago, SC2Mitch said:

I'm surprised that this thread hasn't been nuked out of existence yet..... 

Because we have an opinion and we can speak up on Kinguin for sketchy business practices? 

So what are buyers not getting refunds?