Help

Graeme-1

Sorry don't know if this is the right place to do this I'm new here and looking for help. 

I live in shared accommodation and there is about 8 of us using the WiFi and in the area we are in our orders says we should get 30-50mbs. But when we are all using the WiFi is it get slow. I'm a distance away from the hub there is a WiFi extender but my WiFi is still only about 10mbs when we are all using it. Is there a way I can increase my WiFi speeds. I was looking at installing a power line adapter then hooking it up to a second router I my room. Would this work. Thanks for any help. 

Change to a faster plan

SPECS: Intel Core i5-4460 // PowerColor Red Dragon RX 480 4GB // 1x8GB DDR3 RAM // Delta 500AB-6A PSU // HyperX Cloud Stinger / Logitech G710+ / Logitech G502 / Xbox One Halo Guardian controller // LG 24M45H 1080p // 

How to cope with depression

Spoiler free review of Life is Strange (Video Game)

More devices online will result in a lower speed since you have more devices competing for airtime and bandwidth. Powerline might work but it could also kill the wifi speed for everyone and everything else if you gobble up all the bandwidth.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Wireless extenders can cause more problems than theyre worth, especially with more people. You can try to tweak the powersettings on the router to see what kind of range you can get. Cables will always be better when bridging routers. But its a possibility without it. Just make sure to not have overlapping channels, (1,6,11).

Actual throughput speed is different what can be advertised aswell. 

Can you go to a wired connection, that should make some difference. If your router's dual band buy an ac dongle maybe!!