is the site wrong or correct about 4g support?

General Winter

so i was considering getting the doogee mix since its receiving oreo support and it seems to be a very powerful phone for the budget

however this "willmyphonework.net" site is giving me an enigmatic error because the phone has 4g but the site claims otherwise, i just want to double check if its just a site error or something of the sort

edit: these are the hardware specs for 3g and 4g which contradict the site, i'll contact them

3G: WCDMA 900/2100MHz
 4G: FDD-LTE Band 1/3/7/8/20(B1:2100, B3:1800, B7:2600, B8:900, B20:800MHz) 

2018-02-13 18_06_26-WillMyPhoneWork.net - Check if your phone works on a network.png

One of the selling points in the title is "4G" so i'd imagine it does infact have 4G.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/DOOGEE-Unlocked-Smartphone-Fingerprint-Phone-Dazzle/dp/B0744G7R2J?psc=1&SubscriptionId=AKIAJIYNF643F4NAP3YA&tag=pcad03-21&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B0744G7R2J&ascsubtag=06-3669376-03-3669375

Also in the bullet point details

a1657e0b9330bd490a658b52667b3954.png

If not, that's some false advertising right there xD 

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

1 minute ago, RKRiley said:

i edited my post with the hardware specs, i'm going to try and let them know about this error which i'm more willing to bet is on their end compared to everyone else who is selling the phone and the manufactor's themselves

1 hour ago, huilun02 said:

Are you sure?

The screen is 720p

It supports only one 3G band under T-Mobile and nothing else. Nope no 4G in the US.

Source: Android Authority - Dodgee Mix review (Published 28 Sept, 2017)

Also SoT and purportedly stock Android is not representative of actual use, as DoogeeOS is poorly optimized, has bloat, and is not well translated to English.

Source: GSMArena - Doogee Mix review (Published 10 Aug 2017) check the Key test findings

Not shooting down your choice of phone, but I think it would be in your interest to make a fully informed decision.

idk man, i literally saw 3 different videos that all showcased it having virtually no bloatware and i'm fully aware of 720p, i literally don't care on a 5.5 inch screen

also source for the specs for 3G and 4G (for the 6gb ram variant) is identical from all stores i checked, the 4gb ram variant probably is different from the 6gb variant which I'm not interested in anyway (i very much did see both of those links, i do find it weird that the phone got a gsm article but not a listing to be compared with other phones)

https://www.banggood.com/DOOGEE-MIX-5_5-Inch-Android-7_0-6GB-RAM-64GB-ROM-Helio-P25-Octa-Core-2_5GHz-4G-Smartphone-p-1155524.html?rmmds=cart_middle_products&cur_warehouse=CN

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DOOGEE-MIX-5-5inch-Android-7-0-4G-Phone-6GB-RAM-64GB-ROM-Black/253420599675?_trkparms=pageci%3A575a8d3f-1153-11e8-a180-74dbd1803732|parentrq%3A93142b1d1610a9c56ba12c78fffa7a37|iid%3A1&_trksid=p2481888.c100678.m3607

i did notice the lack of LTE, but i'm looking for a budget phone w/ 6gb of ram, semi-beefy processor (which it has a mixed octo core which is nice), expandability options such as mirco sd support and headset jack and being able to have android oreo; and preferably usb-C, lots of battery, the larger aspect ratio, etc.

i found the doogee mix on list to get android oreo, but "Doogee has not yet released any statement about the next Android Update known as Android Oreo for Doogee Mix yet. " which makes me question why it and so many phones are being put on this list, according to another article its for passing the hardware req for being able to handle android oreo

https://www.getdroidtips.com/android-oreo/#List_Of_Devices_Getting_Android_Oreo_Android_80_Oreo

https://www.getdroidtips.com/doogee-mix-android-8-0-oreo/

its cons aren't too off putting for me since i don't use the camera or built in speakers too much to begin with (and if i cared about camera quality so much, i wouldn't bother with looking for one on a smartphone, definitely not worth the cost for what is more software than hardware anyway compared to that of a quality handheld camera, especially today)

but i'm all ears if you have a better option in mind, i would like LTE but ideal i wouldn't like to spend $200 on a phone and $300 is the breaking point for sure

2 minutes ago, milkerfish said:

TMo uses bands 2 (PCS) 4 (AWS-1) 66 (AWS-3) 12 and 71

That phone has LTE just not on any band TMo would be using.

oh, thats interesting

the site doesn't have info about this phone http://ulefone.com/products/power3/spec.html , would you happen to know if it supports 4g lte via t mobile?

Just now, milkerfish said:

"4G FDD-LTE: 2100/1800/2600/900/800(B1/3/7/8/20)"

It says right here the phone supports bands 1 3 7 8 and 20, none of which line up with TMo's bands.

idk TMO's bands at all

16 minutes ago, milkerfish said:

I listed them in my previous reply TMo uses 2 4 66 12 and 71

what carrier supports this phone's "bands" in the USA

or better yet which phone does t moblie support that has micro sd support, 4g lte, 6gb ram, oreo support, and a headset jack and is under $300, i think all the phones i was just looking at have none of the mentioned bands besides the oneplus 3t?

4 hours ago, General Winter said:

what carrier supports this phone's "bands" in the USA

or better yet which phone does t moblie support that has micro sd support, 4g lte, 6gb ram, oreo support, and a headset jack and is under $300, i think all the phones i was just looking at have none of the mentioned bands besides the oneplus 3t?

Moto X4, or wait for the Moto G6 Plus. 

6GB of RAM is going to seriously limit your options. 

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

3 hours ago, dizmo said:

Moto X4, or wait for the Moto G6 Plus. 

6GB of RAM is going to seriously limit your options. 

can you show me a listing for the moto X4 6gb ram variant, i keep cropping up moto x 4th gen 3gb ram variants

also is the moto g6 plus going to be under $300 because that would be great if so

this was the closest thing to what i was asking for although it lacks oreo support it is a 2.6ghz octo-core (helios p25) and i am starting to wonder if i really need oreo, its definitely preferable but it really seems only the most expensive phones have it besides something that i used to like (like my v10 which died of a bootloop error, after having it for almost 2 years; now i can't be sure the same will happen to the v20 which was originally going to be my go to phone despite having less ram)

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIADCV6CT6602

12 hours ago, milkerfish said:

TMo uses bands 2 (PCS) 4 (AWS-1) 66 (AWS-3) 12 and 71

That phone has LTE just not on any band TMo would be using.

This guy (or gal) knows what's up.

I did my research on the topic as well. I don't know where you live, but here in Canada you really want the B4 band (1700~2100 MHz) for 4G LTE. Knowing that, Gearbest is quite useful because it allows you to filter phones which have that B4 band. And the results are...well, disappointing. There is only a handful of phones, the most notable ones are the Xiaomi Mi A1, some global versions of the Xiaomi Redmi 5 and then the One Plus 5T. 

These are my 2 cents anyway. 

2 hours ago, kokakolia said:

This guy (or gal) knows what's up.

I did my research on the topic as well. I don't know where you live, but here in Canada you really want the B4 band (1700~2100 MHz) for 4G LTE. Knowing that, Gearbest is quite useful because it allows you to filter phones which have that B4 band. And the results are...well, disappointing. There is only a handful of phones, the most notable ones are the Xiaomi Mi A1, some global versions of the Xiaomi Redmi 5 and then the One Plus 5T. 

These are my 2 cents anyway. 

i found a solid international phone thanks to the information i got here https://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_683594.html?wid=11

this phone has the bands i need and is still at a reasonable price and has everything i'd want

1 minute ago, milkerfish said:

That phone seems ok, just don't expect any software support because of the mediatek SoC and it being a no name Chinese OEM.

i can't seem to find a better phone for my budget, the closest most inexpensive option is the onepplus 3t which is over $100 compared to the price of this phone; i'll let you tell me if the premium is worth it exclusively for software alone

It's upto you if you value software support. 

the oneplus 3T has a very active development community and there's tons of ROMs available.

that'd be nice if a new 3t wasn't $400+ and the ones closer to my budget are beat up crack used versions of this phone vs. a shiny new phone

i would love to get the 3t if the price difference wasn't so huge, like if it were $250 it would be much more workable vs. $400

It's upto you if you value software support. 

the oneplus 3T has a very active development community and there's tons of ROMs available.

Honestly, after owning the Nexus 4 I'm thinking that software support is a double-edged sword. The phone was awesome out of the box and then the updates rendered it slow after only 1 year. The phone was basically obsolete in 2 years. 

Having 0 software updates is kind of a good thing (IMO), especially if the software is good out of the box. I was pleasantly surprised by the $70 BLU phone I used to have. It had the lowest tier Mediatek chip and 1gb of RAM, and it was still usable. You'll be more than fine with this Mediatek phone for 2+ years, even without updates. The hardest thing is resisting the urge to upgrade as newer, marginally better phones are released every month.

4 minutes ago, kokakolia said:

Honestly, after owning the Nexus 4 I'm thinking that software support is a double-edged sword. The phone was awesome out of the box and then the updates rendered it slow after only 1 year. The phone was basically obsolete in 2 years. 

Having 0 software updates is kind of a good thing (IMO), especially if the software is good out of the box. I was pleasantly surprised by the $70 BLU phone I used to have. It had the lowest tier Mediatek chip and 1gb of RAM, and it was still usable. You'll be more than fine with this Mediatek phone for 2+ years, even without updates. The hardest thing is resisting the urge to upgrade as newer, marginally better phones are released every month.

thats not whats spooking me (though that is a legitimate concern, especially with samsung phones, the bloat on those things are disgusting) , its if 5 years later they kill 7.0 support (that would hurt my tablet too actually), maybe its just me being paranoid but it would've been ideal to have a phone that has been guaranteed 8.0 but realistically the price point is too high, especially considering the phone was released in 2016, i'm surprised it retained such high resale value

2 minutes ago, General Winter said:

thats not whats spooking me (though that is a legitimate concern, especially with samsung phones, the bloat on those things are disgusting) , its if 5 years later they kill 7.0 support (that would hurt my tablet too actually), maybe its just me being paranoid but it would've been ideal to have a phone that has been guaranteed 8.0 but realistically the price point is too high, especially considering the phone was released in 2016, i'm surprised it retained such high resale value

With custom ROMs you're guaranteed Android 8.0. I got Android 8.0 on my Zuk Z2 that way, but it was a pain in the butt to install. 

Just now, kokakolia said:

With custom ROMs you're guaranteed Android 8.0. I got Android 8.0 on my Zuk Z2 that way, but it was a pain in the butt to install. 

i guess i could do that, but where do you get custom roms? i'm not too familiar with that stuff but i wouldn't mind doing so

4 minutes ago, General Winter said:

i guess i could do that, but where do you get custom roms? i'm not too familiar with that stuff but i wouldn't mind doing so

Oh boi! It's a very daunting task. Google/YouTube is your friend. But I'll give you some pointers:

1. Unlock the bootloader on your phone

2. Flash TWRP on your phone

3. Install a custom ROM and the Gapps (Google apps) through TWRP on your phone simultaneously

You'll need a computer program called "Minimal ADB and Fastboot". 

Edited by kokakolia
missing info

Just now, kokakolia said:

Oh boi! It's a very daunting task. Google/YouTube is your friend. But I'll give you some pointers:

1. Unlock the bootloader on your phone

2. Flash TWRP on your phone

3. Install a custom ROM and the Gapps (Google apps) through TWRP on your phone simultaneously

You'll need a computer program called "Minimal ADB and Fastboot". 

isn't it different for every phone?

Just download android's platform tools, no need for 3rd party ADB and fastboot.

Whaaaatt!!!??? Are you telling me that I could have saved much time and frustration!!? Well it's done anyway. Yeah, it's done...until I get a new phone xD

Just download android's platform tools, no need for 3rd party ADB and fastboot.

idk where those are either, i should make a another topic post on this but if you could give me the basics on why i'd do this and how to do it i would appreciate it

4 minutes ago, General Winter said:

idk where those are either, i should make a another topic post on this but if you could give me the basics on why i'd do this and how to do it i would appreciate it

There's a "sticky" thread on this forum:

Personally, I find it overwhelming. I much prefer using YouTube step-by-step guides.  

That thread contains some outdated information but is still overall good.

It doesn't mention systemless root or why you really shouldn't root snapdragon S7s and S8s

i don't have either of those snapdragon's so it shouldn't be a major issue right?

and whats a systemless root

On 2/13/2018 at 6:22 PM, General Winter said:

3G: WCDMA 900/2100MHz
 4G: FDD-LTE Band 1/3/7/8/20(B1:2100, B3:1800, B7:2600, B8:900, B20:800MHz) 

Much of the T Mobile Network uses Band 12 for LTE. Phone doesnt not support Band 12. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

3 minutes ago, milkerfish said:

Not having one band isn't the end of the world. 

Band 12 is only really used in rural areas.

Band 12 is used by T Mobile for the entire Metro Detroit area. Last time I checked Metro Detroit is not a Rural area. Specifically from my research T Mobile uses band 12 solely here for LTE service. 

Here are T Mobiles bands:

• Frequencies: Band 2 (1900 MHz), Band 4 (1700/2100 MHz), Band 12 (700 MHz), Band 66 (Extension of band 4 on 1700/2100 MHz), Band 71 (600 MHz)

Only band that I see that this phone supports at is used by T Mobile is Band 71, Which T Mobile is still waiting for TV broadcasters to vacate in order to start using the band in many areas. So Im convinced from this, that this phone will NOT work on the T Mobile network. Maybe the OP will have luck with AT&T. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.