Name of a CPU, GPU or else

Tadas

Hi forum!

So I know that is a really strange topic, but hear me out :D. Is there any way of telling if a CPU or any part of pc/laptop is good, bad or mediocre? Of course if you are buying new parts, you are gonna watch some reviews, benchmarks, etc. But maybe there is a way to know if this part is good or not (for certain applications). I`ll give you an example: 780 is better than a 770, not by much, but it is better ( I think so :D). The second number tell that ( I don`t know why, just my acquaintance told that). But when it comes to CPU or laptops GPU i dont know anything :D (remember, this is just knowing something from a name of a part). So please explain these things for a noob like me :D. Thank you for reading :).

P.S. Sorry for my bad grammar :/

780>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>770

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Just exactly as you've said. Word of mouth, reviews, reading the spec list, forums, and YouTube videos. In this day and age you can always find someone on the internet that already has what you are looking to buy. Just type it into google and go from there.

say what. gtx 780 kills a 770 even if the 770 is overclocked

I heard that performance is like 10% better, but that could be wrong.

Usually the higher numbers in a product does relate to it's performance. 

Take Intel's processor lineup; 4670k is a lower number than 4770k, based off that, you can assume that the 4770k will perform better (based off how it has been in the past).

It's the same with mobile processors, the 4200M will perform worse than the 4350U (based off history).

It's when you try to compare different generations/lineups that you run into issues. You can't directly compare a mobile processor to a desktop processors, and you can't compare within different generations. Although a 4750HQ may have a higher number than a 4670k, it probably won't perform better. 

EDIT: As mentioned, this only works if you're comparing stock speeds, OC will change it! :)

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Usually the higher numbers in a product does relate to it's performance. 

Take Intel's processor lineup; 4670k is a lower number than 4770k, based off that, you can assume that the 4770k will perform better (based off how it has been in the past).

It's the same with mobile processors, the 4200M will perform worse than the 4350U (based off history).

It's when you try to compare different generations/lineups that you run into issues. You can't directly compare a mobile processor to a desktop processors, and you can't compare within different generations. Although a 4750HQ may have a higher number than a 4670k, it probably won't perform better. 

This is also only true if everything is running at stock. 

You can only really compare performace with benchmarks numbers and real life programs and stuff.

This is also only true if everything is running at stock. 

You can only really compare performace with benchmarks numbers and real life programs and stuff.

Thanks, I edited to put that in :)

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Here is an ok place to start just remember that these numbers are based on a spefic benchmark (ex. 670 is not better than 7970) so they won't always be correct but they list just about any gpu or CPU you can find since like 2007 or 8

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/

"Anything that makes a console more like a PC, makes it better" 

-Linus Sebastian

Hi forum!

So I know that is a really strange topic, but hear me out :D. Is there any way of telling if a CPU or any part of pc/laptop is good, bad or mediocre? Of course if you are buying new parts, you are gonna watch some reviews, benchmarks, etc. But maybe there is a way to know if this part is good or not (for certain applications). I`ll give you an example: 770 is better than a 780, not by much, but it is better ( I think so :D). The second number tell that ( I don`t know why, just my acquaintance told that). But when it comes to CPU or laptops GPU i dont know anything :D (remember, this is just knowing something from a name of a part). So please explain these things for a noob like me :D. Thank you for reading :).

P.S. Sorry for my bad grammar :/

How is a 770 better than a 780 ?

Nothing to see here - move along.

Price, Ghz edition...? Model.

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

Never the less, reviews, benchmarks, your needs are best.

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

Experience. Thats pretty much only way to rate hardway on the go. If you are planning on some certain model and you want honest opinion how good parts are, you can alway post here.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv