Which would be a better choice? Xbox one X or PS4 Pro?

Cyberspirit

Simply put it if you want a F*** tone of Exclusive titles go for PS4 as they have a great number of titles, 

Being a Xbox One player I just watch them and they are amazing IMO. 

If you want something that can be pretty decent at gaming then go for the Xbox One X they seem to handle games pretty well and the thing about 60fps purely comes down to weather the game supports it or not (if the locked it at 30fps) I can't give exact feedback on the Xbox One X as I personally don't own one but the classic. I don't have issues running titles like PUBG and Some of the more recent ones. 

Going by what you said I would say go for the Xbox one due to the fact your previous responses seem to questioning the Xbox one more than the PS4 so it kinda like your already swaying towards that platform. 

As others have said here are some Pro's and Con's 

PS4;

Cheaper Live services(Not too great Security- comes via personal experience due to being the one who gets called when stuff doesn't work at a mates house),
Free games monthly,

PS4 Anywhere(Works on mobile devices),

Wide Range of Exclusive Titles,

Xbox One;

Slightly more expensive live services( Worth it IMO - Still has their own problems from time to time),

4 Free Games Monthly (2 Xbox one, 2 Xbox 360 (emulated)),

Can play your Xbox on your PC via the Xbox app,

Some games are crossed platformed with the Microsoft store & Xbox,

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

4 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

Like Final Fantasy XII, XV, Neptunia.

Just wanna State FFXV is on Xbox One as well....

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

1 hour ago, Alex Colson said:

Slightly more expensive live services( Worth it IMO - Still has their own problems from time to time),

What service is more expensive?

With Xbox Play Anywhere titles starting to grow I'd probably go PS4 for their exclusives.  I play lots of Gears of War 4 with my wife and some friends but I just play it on PC while everyone else enjoys it on Xbox :)

Thanks everyone for the responses.

I think I'll go for a Ps4 Pro then if I can find out how loud does it get.

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

Buy a base PS4 and get the One X after a price drop.

The PS4 Pro is a useless system.

Hi

6 minutes ago, 48Hz said:

Care to explain why?

Also, that would cost me waaay too much.

12 minutes ago, Cyberspirit said:

Care to explain why?

Also, that would cost me waaay too much.

The base PS4 has HDR already and usually runs games at 1080P (which scales okay to 4k). The Pro only can get up to 1440P in most cases. Aside from that bump you are getting nothing else in terms of extras.

The base Xbox has no HDR and runs games at 900P (which looks like garbage at 4k). The One X gives you HDR, a UHD bluray player (which no PS4 has), and usually around 1800P to full 4k in most of its games. Also, you get select Xbox original and 360 games in 4k and HDR.

You can, of course, get a cheap One S which gives you HDR and the UHD bluray, but 900P looks really bad scaled up. If you want a PS4, just get the base hardware, the pro will not give you anything worthwhile for 4k.

Hi

4 minutes ago, 48Hz said:

The base Xbox has no HDR and runs games at 900P (which looks like garbage at 4k). The One X gives you HDR, a UHD bluray player (which no PS4 has), and usually around 1800P to full 4k in most of its games. Also, you get select Xbox original and 360 games in 4k and HDR.

I don't really care about HDR or, a UHD Bluray player because I don't watch that kind of content or movies in general.

6 minutes ago, 48Hz said:

You can, of course, get a cheap One S which gives you HDR and the UHD bluray, but 900P looks really bad scaled up. If you want a PS4, just get the base hardware, the pro will not give you anything worthwhile for 4k.

I want to get a Pro because it has better performance and it only costs around $47 more than the original.

28 minutes ago, Cyberspirit said:

I don't really care about HDR or, a UHD Bluray player because I don't watch that kind of content or movies in general.

I want to get a Pro because it has better performance and it only costs around $47 more than the original.

I've seen new 1TB PS4's for as little as $200 + a $50 gift card. Where are you finding these $250 PS4 Pros?

Hi

3 hours ago, 48Hz said:

This isn't true at all, i have a 4k HDR TV and upgraded from a normal to a pro and it looks great, at the end of the day Playstation has some great exclusives and if you want to play the best possible version of them then get a pro.  The small price bump is well worth it. 

7 hours ago, 48Hz said:

Not true.

You have a High Quality or Performance mode in some new games.

So there are things the PS4 PRO can be used for...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

8 hours ago, 48Hz said:

I've seen new 1TB PS4's for as little as $200 + a $50 gift card. Where are you finding these $250 PS4 Pros?

I live in Hungary so, prices are way higher than in the U.S.A.

Also, our stocks are much more limited.

I have some mixed feelings about this choice, the Xbox One X is real 4K. The PS4 Pro is upscaled, I would prefer the XBOX One X over the PS4 Pro because of that, and because the Xbox has perfect controllers.

Proud iPhone user and Apple Freak! xD

1 minute ago, Geschwindigkeitsbegrenzung said:

I have some mixed feelings about this choice, the Xbox One X is real 4K. The PS4 Pro is upscaled, I would prefer the XBOX One X over the PS4 Pro because of that, and because the Xbox has perfect controllers.

I don't care about 4K so that's not a dealbreaker for me. As for the controller, I haven't used a PS4 controller before so, will see I guess.

If I really wanted 4K then, I'd just sell my 1070 and instead get a 4K monitor and, a 1080Ti.

6 minutes ago, Cyberspirit said:

I don't care about 4K so that's not a dealbreaker for me. As for the controller, I haven't used a PS4 controller before so, will see I guess.

If I really wanted 4K then, I'd just sell my 1070 and instead get a 4K monitor and, a 1080Ti.

Indeed, that's a much better choice! :D

Proud iPhone user and Apple Freak! xD

8 hours ago, Geschwindigkeitsbegrenzung said:

No

Pls get your facts right before posting some shit on the Internets...

It depends on the Content of the developer and what he does.

3 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

No

Pls get your facts right before posting some shit on the Internets...

It depends on the Content of the developer and what he does.

Yeah, both Xbox and Playstation use dynamic resolution scaling and different trickery, its really not as simple as one has real 4k and the other doesn't.  In all honesty, watch some of the Digital Foundry side by side comparisons and you have to zoom into certain areas just to notice a few jaggies in one image and not the other, the differences are so minute you'd have a hard time noticing them in day to day gaming. 

On 2/6/2018 at 5:47 PM, Streetguru said:

Most likely get a PS4 for the cheaper online, though it sounds like an Xbone will be fine too and is usually pretty cheap unless you really want one of the PS4 exclusives, personally I can't think of a single thing I need a console for though.

The console CPUs are still way too slow to reliably do 60fps in those cases, once the next gen consoles are on Ryzen APUs that won't be an issue anymore.
Though the XboneX is still currently the most powerful console

The console is strong enough to handle 40 players on the same instance in FFXIV at 60 fps, so... 

It all depends on the games and if you have turbo mode on or off. 

I heard Xbox one X drops performance the longer its turned on. There is not such a case with PS4, it could handle the game for whole day without frame drops or system crash. But on the other hand ps4 pro is really loud, yet still alot more quiet than gaming laptops i used to play on. 

PS4 pro is the way to go honestly, it may be weaker, but it offers more games. 

On 2/7/2018 at 3:09 AM, DanielMDA said:

Id get Xbox One X, the controller and network services are better, is more powerful and stable, has a faster HDD (Its actually a 7200RPM SSHD). And while PlaySation has had better exclusives recently, rumors say that it might change. Xbox renewed the Scalebound IP, are working on a ton of games for the coming 2 years and its been said that they might buy Valve, EA and BlueHole.

You get PlayAnywhere, Deals With Gold and better services.

IT HAS CUPHEAD AND HALO!!!

(I play on PC, and also on One X )

Playstation network service is the same. 

And xbox is not more stable than playstation OS hell no, it drops performance within playing time. FFXV drops around 10 frames per second after 3 hours of gaming. 

And better hardware doesnt help Xbox one X in running the Pubg at 20 fps, it all depends on developer and that one game have just shown microsoft doesnt really care how the game is performing on their console like at all, otherwise they would not let so broken game to be released into their platform. Sony did opposite and demanded stable frames from bluehole devs. 

As long as the MS will not change their politics, the xbox could even be 90% stronger on hardware it will not make a difference. The game will run as well as the developer and console company will let you. 

Im just curious about the system settings on xbox, on ps4 pro i could switch to 1080p output and turn the turbo mode on, that delivers me a 40+ fps in most of the games and sometimes even 60,GTA 5 runs at those settings in 50-60 fps for instance  Thats enough for me.

8 hours ago, Nedkely said:

But on the other hand ps4 pro is really loud

You might notice it with "normal playing", depending on the games you play. The more demanding, the louder the console.

BUT:
Compared to other consoles its rather good. Though not XBox 360 slim level but still one of the better ones.

When taking the power consumption into account, the WiiU is pretty bad - has a 75W Power Brick and is louder in idle than PS4 PRO is.

And also the PS4 PRO might need room to breathe on the sides (as well)...

So sitting on a Table with room on all sides it might be not as bad than in a cupboard with something on the sides...

Yep.

And as I always say:
The hardware of a console is pretty much irrelevant.

The games make the console good or bad.

Even the shittiest console in the world can be more fun than the best one if it has the better games...

And the best (console) Hardware is useless if you don't have any games to play...

13 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

And also the PS4 PRO might need room to breathe on the sides (as well)...

So sitting on a Table with room on all sides it might be not as bad than in a cupboard with something on the sides...

Does it matter if the console sits vertically or horizontally?

1 minute ago, Cyberspirit said:

Does it matter if the console sits vertically or horizontally?

Haven't tried it, don't have a stand.

And my PS4 PRO is flat under the 27" AOC 3D IPS Thing...

And xbox is not more stable than playstation OS hell no, it drops performance within playing time. FFXV drops around 10 frames per second after 3 hours of gaming. 

That's a single case that's the game's fault, not the system's. This is like saying that PS4 only plays games at 15 FPS because one game drops that low. SMH

17 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

Haven't tried it, don't have a stand.

And my PS4 PRO is flat under the 27" AOC 3D IPS Thing...

Ah, I didn't know you needed a stand for that. Putting it under a monitor isn't a bad idea though.

On 2/9/2018 at 9:54 PM, Nedkely said:

The console is strong enough to handle 40 players on the same instance in FFXIV at 60 fps, so... 

It all depends on the games and if you have turbo mode on or off. 

I heard Xbox one X drops performance the longer its turned on. There is not such a case with PS4, it could handle the game for whole day without frame drops or system crash. But on the other hand ps4 pro is really loud, yet still alot more quiet than gaming laptops i used to play on. 

Playstation network service is the same. 

And xbox is not more stable than playstation OS hell no, it drops performance within playing time. FFXV drops around 10 frames per second after 3 hours of gaming. 

And better hardware doesnt help Xbox one X in running the Pubg at 20 fps, it all depends on developer and that one game have just shown microsoft doesnt really care how the game is performing on their console like at all, otherwise they would not let so broken game to be released into their platform. Sony did opposite and demanded stable frames from bluehole devs. 

As long as the MS will not change their politics, the xbox could even be 90% stronger on hardware it will not make a difference. The game will run as well as the developer and console company will let you. 

Im just curious about the system settings on xbox, on ps4 pro i could switch to 1080p output and turn the turbo mode on, that delivers me a 40+ fps in most of the games and sometimes even 60,GTA 5 runs at those settings in 50-60 fps for instance  Thats enough for me.

It runs at 24FPS in the Standard Xbox One, and at 30 on the One S. On the One X it runs at 60 in 1080p/1440p and at 30 in 4K.

You can change to different modes in most games. Pefrormance for 1080/1440p at 60FPS with Super Sampling or 4K, which in some games is 30FPS and in some its 60FPS. Both with HDR and High/Ultra details. The Xbox One X is for HTPC (4K) and casual 4K Gaming.

When I do want to play on 60FPS, I use my R5 1600X + RX 580 8GB Gaming PC, with 16GB of DDR 4 3200 and an NVMe SSD (with an SSHD too, and Entomous Drive). I play on 1440p 60FPS.

Also, no Microsoft networking is larger and of a better quality than SONY`s. PS Network crashes way to often, while it hasnt happened ever to me on Xbox One X. PS3 owner here, and PS Network sucked, I changed because of that to Xbox 360, I didnt bump up my internet or changed my ISP, it just didnt crash (Xbox Live)