UE4 running on the PS4 vs PC

911^NEmeSis

My First thought is at least the resolution is the same for ps4 and pc so im assuming proper 1920*1080 not upscale 720p.

Second thought is the PS4 lighting looks brutal and the textures are not even close to being as good as the pc version.

My other thought is how when and where did they grab a PS4?

Lastly i hope the unreal engine 4 lives fixes all the terrible bugs in UE3.5, and UE3 because almost every unreal engine game

in the last 2 years has had brutal almost game breaking bugs; games that come to mind are gears of war 1 and 2, rainbow six vegas.

Fingers crossed.

CPU: AMD FX-8350 - Noctua NH-D14 | Asus Crosshair V Formula | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Plextor M5P Extreme 256GB SSD

GPU - Asus AMD Radeon 6950 Direct CU II 2GB |

Seasonic 1000 W Platinum | Cooler Master 690 ii Advanced | Asus VE248H + VE248Q

So many things wrong with this video.

-Different camera angles

-Different color profiles

-Looked like they added a blur filter to the PC side

This isn't even coming close to being a real comparison and no one should treat it as such, it's a video created to appease to the console masses out there.

It all well saying it's PS4 Vs PC, but that could be onboard graphics for all I know ?

Plus we've been seeing graphics like the PS4 for ages now !

Though I am glad consoles are becoming more like PC's, just wished they came with a keyboard & mouse

Plus the PS4 using PC hardware, so the comparison sort of a no brainer !

So many things wrong with this video. -Different camera angles -Different color profiles -Looked like they added a blur filter to the PC side This isn't even coming close to being a real comparison and no one should treat it as such' date=' it's a video created to appease to the console masses out there.[/quote']

What? There are no different camera angles.

Stuff is missing from the PS4 because the PS4 couldn't handle it and still meet at least 30 FPS. Even with the removed rendering techniques it was still stuttering in places.

"Different color profiles". This is a facepalmworthy thing to say. The brightnesses and contrasts appear different because the PC has numerous rendering techniques in place which the PS4 simply couldn't run.

Blur filter? It's called depth of field, it's another rendering technique the PS4 couldn't handle.

How on EARTH does this video "appease" console fans? Or did you seriously think the PS4 side looked better?? Wow!

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

The PC one was far ahead but what could your expect but it`s still nice that the consoles is getting a upgrade it`s abut time for that :)

So many things wrong with this video.

-Different camera angles

-Different color profiles

-Looked like they added a blur filter to the PC side

This isn't even coming close to being a real comparison and no one should treat it as such, it's a video created to appease to the console masses out there.

They look like the same camera angles to me...

I was really excited for unreal 2k4 cross platform multiplayer, then I realized I misread the title.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

I'm a huge unreal fan, hope they design this engine for high end computers as well consoles. Last thing we need is another tweaked console port.

I'm a huge unreal fan, hope they design this engine for high end computers as well consoles. Last thing we need is another tweaked console port.
Lets's clear up you're confusion, SDK's "Software Development Kits" are built for computers and work best when teamed up with cluster servers, which are basically a bunch of high powered servers designed to compile and share content simultaneously with many members of the development team. What the developers do with them is create the games for console and port them to PC sorry to burst any bubbles but console appeals to more of the consumer base so developers normally develop for the console first then put extra work into texturing and other subtle effects and compile that version for the PC rarely does a developer create the game solely for the PC then port a modified version suitable for the console's it is also more cost effective for the company to develop in this manner because with a console versions completed they are able to meet expected release dates set by marketing and budget adviser's.

The sad truth is a lot of developers would love to put more effort into the PC versions but developers don't rule the roost in company land the marketing team and accountants do which means that more often than not PC versions are ported rather then re engineered to be the more quality experience. What makes this heart reaping truth even more of a kick in the gullet is knowing that hardware developers are allowed to pay off and back certain titles/ company's to develop the title using certain hardware as a baseline which is why you find that a lot of games today will play better on one GPU vendor over another sometimes by a lot and others by a subtle amount. It makes me sick that this is what happens but thanks to people's ignorance to the wrongs of the world this is what we end up with.

P.S

I love unreal as much as the next person I actually like the develop with unreal over other platforms because it is so streamlined and you can make very quick mock ups and changes which will work in real time making development fun. Which is more then I can say for a number of other engines which require a compile for every change.

Well said, I agree with you 100%, it's not something I didn't know, but maybe in light of new console releases coming up they'll push our hardware a little farther.

So many things wrong with this video. -Different camera angles -Different color profiles -Looked like they added a blur filter to the PC side This isn't even coming close to being a real comparison and no one should treat it as such' date=' it's a video created to appease to the console masses out there.[/quote']

What? There are no different camera angles.

Stuff is missing from the PS4 because the PS4 couldn't handle it and still meet at least 30 FPS. Even with the removed rendering techniques it was still stuttering in places.

"Different color profiles". This is a facepalmworthy thing to say. The brightnesses and contrasts appear different because the PC has numerous rendering techniques in place which the PS4 simply couldn't run.

Blur filter? It's called depth of field, it's another rendering technique the PS4 couldn't handle.

How on EARTH does this video "appease" console fans? Or did you seriously think the PS4 side looked better?? Wow!

The only people that say ps4 is better are those who haven't played on a gaming pc just ps3 for the past 6 years this is a great improvement for them and us as we should see better developed games for pc now

The tessellation on the lava also looks flat

particles looked to be scaled down on the ps4

What do you think about the lighting for ps4 it didn't bounce of reflect much such as on the pc version

Also nice detail about comparisons you know your stuff and great work on your game Mod