MATX case for a server

Erfurt

Hey guys

I'm building my own Home server, and I need to find a MATX case for it. I have a budget of 100-150$

Features needed

• Room for 6x 3,5" HDD
  • Room for atleast one 2,5" SSD
  • Room for a slim ODD or one 5,25" bay
  • Support for a Corsair H100i, have one I don't need, when I get my gaming rig watercooled

If you guys have any suggestions, please share them :)

My setup: i5 3570K  - Corsair H100i - MSI Z77 GD65 - 256 GB Samsung 840 pro SSD - Corsair AX760i - Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 2GB - 4x4 GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RAM - Corsair Carbide 500R (modded side window)

define mini has sound dampining so quit wich is nice for server 6 3.5inch slots 2 5.25inch slots and can supot a h100i

Main Rig: CPU: 3570k Mobo: ga-z77x-ud5h-wb :RAM: 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 :gpu crossfire amd 290's Case: zalman z9 plus Cooler: h80i p/p SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb wd green 4tb seagate desktop                                              

Girlfirends: CPU: 8350 Mobo 990fxa-ud3 Ram 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 gpu: his 7850 case: inwin dragon rider SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb seagate                                                                                                                                         

define mini has sound dampining so quit wich is nice for server 6 3.5inch slots 2 5.25inch slots and can supot a h100i

That's perfect, thanks :)

My setup: i5 3570K  - Corsair H100i - MSI Z77 GD65 - 256 GB Samsung 840 pro SSD - Corsair AX760i - Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 2GB - 4x4 GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RAM - Corsair Carbide 500R (modded side window)

anytime ive only used the fractal core 1000 so far for their cases but id love to get a define serice

Main Rig: CPU: 3570k Mobo: ga-z77x-ud5h-wb :RAM: 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 :gpu crossfire amd 290's Case: zalman z9 plus Cooler: h80i p/p SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb wd green 4tb seagate desktop                                              

Girlfirends: CPU: 8350 Mobo 990fxa-ud3 Ram 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 gpu: his 7850 case: inwin dragon rider SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb seagate                                                                                                                                         

After some investigation it seems, that there's not room for the 6 HDD, and the H100i at the same time :(

Anyone else have some ideas?

After some investigation it seems, that there's not room for the 6 HDD, and the H100i at the same time :(

Anyone else have some ideas?

it should have top mount support for 100i?

eddit my bad didnt realise it only had a top 120 not a 240

It doesn't only have support for a single 120/140mm

fractal ard mini has room for a 240 in the top i assumed the define mini did to . look into the arc mini ) not arc midi)

Why not just use the stock cooler? 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Why not just use the stock cooler? 

As I mentioned, I have an H100i in my gaming rig, but I'm going to watercool it, and then I want to use my H100i to cool my server, it will be cooler and quieter than stock cooler. So that's why :)

As I mentioned, I have an H100i in my gaming rig, but I'm going to watercool it, and then I want to use my H100i to cool my server, it will be cooler and quieter than stock cooler. So that's why :)

If you're going intel, the stock cooler with any decent case airflow is quieter than the h100i. 

A h100i with stock fans is far from quiet. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

If you're going intel, the stock cooler with any decent case airflow is quieter than the h100i. 

Who said I have stock fans on it?

Who said I have stock fans on it?

You never said you didn't. 

You never said you didn't. 

True, but why do you question the features I want for my case, not to be rude or anything, but I properly have a plan with those features. Anyway I know how noisy the H100i is with stock fans, but with some noctua fans on it, it's a lot more quiet

fractal ard mini has room for a 240 in the top i assumed the define mini did to . look into the arc mini ) not arc midi)

The arc mini, have the features I need, thanks :)

True, but why do you question the features I want for my case, not to be rude or anything, but I properly have a plan with those features. Anyway I know how noisy the H100i is with stock fans, but with some noctua fans on it, it's a lot more quiet

I ask because I don't feel like giving recommendations without being sure about what would fit you best. 

Since you're sure you want to use the h100i, you could go with the Arc Mini R2. 

I ask because I don't feel like giving recommendations without being sure about what would fit you best. 

Since you're sure you want to use the h100i, you could go with the Arc Mini R2. 

That's fair, I just don't see why I shouldn't use a H100i, when I have one, that I wouldn't use at some point.

That's fair, I just don't see why I shouldn't use a H100i, when I have one, that I wouldn't use at some point.

Because a home server is generally low powered and a stock cooler comes anyway which does the job more quietly while taking up less space?

I use the Fractal Design Define Mini and highly recommend it. It's a quiet case with plenty of space for drives, includes air filters for your fans, and also has plenty of noise dampening.

Intel Core i7-8700K @ 4.8GHz | Corsair H110i GTX | EVGA RTX 2080 XC | Asus ROG Maximus XI | Intel M.2 nVME SSD 1TB | Samsung 850 EVO 2X2TB | 32GB G.SKILL Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 RAM | EVGA SuperNova GS 1050W | Kept cool & quiet in a Fractal Design Define R5 Window with all Noctua fans

I use the Fractal Design Define Mini and highly recommend it. It's a quiet case with plenty of space for drives, includes air filters for your fans, and also has plenty of noise dampening.

I am considering Define Mini over Arc Mini, mostly because of the noise dampening.

Running in quiet mode the H100i stock is under 32 dB.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Running in quiet mode the H100i stock is under 32 dB.

The intel stock cooler is 28-32 dBa at 100%.

You can see it's still quieter than the h100i. 

The 28-32 dBA is in a theoretical 0 dBA environment. Notice how everything else is louder than their specification?

You can see it's still quieter than the h100i. 

The 28-32 dBA is in a theoretical 0 dBA environment. Notice how everything else is louder than their specification?

I'm having trouble understanding how 50 dB is quieter than 38.5 dB. The 38.5 dB being an H110I at load, set to run in high performance mode.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.