pump header?

i have my h100iv2 connected to cpu pump header. should i set it in the bios too to full speed? or i should be all set? 

Yeah, or plug it into a pump header.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

YES 100% you want the h100iv2 pump getting the full 12 volts not some lower voltage then you control the pump speed and fan speed via Corsair Link software

40 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

YES 100% you want the h100iv2 pump getting the full 12 volts not some lower voltage then you control the pump speed and fan speed via Corsair Link software

im sorry for misunderstanding. but my pump is already connected to a pump header.like i cant see no options for the fans in the bios to set it to full speed?

48 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Yeah, or plug it into a pump header.

Don't mess it at all. Wont do anything adjusting it. Didn't mess with mine for 4 years. Just worry about the fans. Having the header is just a safety feature.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

3 minutes ago, Mick Naughty said:

Don't mess it at all. Wont do anything adjusting it. Didn't mess with mine for 4 years. Just worry about the fans. Having the header is just a safety feature.

thank you for replying it's just you guys not understanding my question i wanna know if i need to do anything in bios after i plugged my h100iv2 in the pump header. like i know when you put the cooler on the cpu header u have to adjust it in bios and set it to full speed. but i wanna know what you should do when you put the cooler to pump header as i dont see anything in the bios no more since cpu header is not connected with anything.

Its just the signal, you wouldn't be able to do anything anyway. Its just there to reports its there and running. 

Nothing you can do, nothing you should do. Especially in the bios. That's what corsair link is for.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

1 hour ago, charbel1011 said:

im sorry for misunderstanding. but my pump is already connected to a pump header.like i cant see no options for the fans in the bios to set it to full speed?

The H100i v2 is not a PWM or voltage regulated device, and requires a constant 12 V input for correct operation. So it doesn't matter which header it is connected to, just that it is set to 100% DC mode constant (i.e. full speed all the time for the fan curve). So yes, you have to adjust the setting in the BIOS since fan headers are not normally set to full-speed mode by default.

Since the H100i v2 is a liquid cooler, it is only sensible to control the fan speed based on the temperature of the coolant in the system. Now, unlike a custom loop with a temp sensor connected to the motherboard, the H100i V2 does not report its liquid temperatures to the BIOS directly. The female fan headers coming off the H100i v2 are not pass-throughs and so you will not be able to control the fan speed of the 2 fans via BIOS (and since they cannot be coupled to the liquid temperature, it is unwise anyway).

The firmware of the H100i v2 has a very good in-built profile for the fan speed based on the liquid temperature, and so just plugging your fans into the headers coming off the pump block will give you a decent curve. If you do want to adjust the fan profile you must plug in the USB2 header and make adjustments via Corsair Link.

38 minutes ago, Mick Naughty said:

Its just the signal, you wouldn't be able to do anything anyway. Its just there to reports its there and running. 

Nothing you can do, nothing you should do. Especially in the bios. That's what corsair link is for.

The H100i v2 is powered by the fan header, so if there is a voltage control fan curve on the header, it won't be receiving enough power and is known to decrease the life time of the H100 iv2. There is no SATA/molex power.

1 minute ago, For Science! said:

The H100i v2 is powered by the fan header, so if there is a voltage control fan curve on the header, it won't be receiving enough power and is known to decrease the life time of the H100 iv2. There is no SATA/molex power.

Well I didn't have a fancy pump header so I don't recall as I took it back after a few days. Still ran it like a normal fan. Forgot were referring to the v2.

Just now, Mick Naughty said:

Well I didn't have a fancy pump header so I don't recall as I took it back after a few days. Still ran it like a normal fan. Forgot were referring to the v2.

As I said above, you don't need a fancy pump header. Normal fan headers will also provide the pump with 12 V. The pump header is just a glorified high amperage header, which is not needed for Asetek pumps anyway (and that they are defaulted to 100% pump speed a lot of the time, making it easier for novices)/

1 minute ago, For Science! said:

As I said above, you don't need a fancy pump header. Normal fan headers will also provide the pump with 12 V. The pump header is just a glorified high amperage header, which is not needed for Asetek pumps anyway (and that they are defaulted to 100% pump speed a lot of the time, making it easier for novices)/

my h100iv2 is connected to a pump header. i checked my bios and i cant find anything to adjust that header? what should i do?

Just now, charbel1011 said:

my h100iv2 is connected to a pump header. i checked my bios and i cant find anything to adjust that header? what should i do?

I believe the pump header is at 100% by default.

However to be sure, you first need to enable control of the pump header which is normally disabled by default (on ASUS board anyway). I believe you will find it under monitor --> AIO PUMP Control

attachment.php?attachmentid=67292&d=1505142627&thumb=1

5 minutes ago, For Science! said:

I believe the pump header is at 100% by default.

However to be sure, you first need to enable control of the pump header which is normally disabled by default (on ASUS board anyway). I believe you will find it under monitor --> AIO PUMP Control

attachment.php?attachmentid=67292&d=1505142627&thumb=1

ok found it it gives me 2 options one is dv and one is pwm which one should i chose? 

ok found it it gives me 2 options one is dv and one is pwm which one should i chose? 

For the sake of simplicity: DC mode, and just put everything to 100% all the time across all temperatures.

For the sake of simplicity: DC mode, and just put everything to 100% all the time across all temperatures.

but i heard that this option should be disabled in bios as default as its not needed if im using corsair link? because if use corsair link bios options will not work?

but i heard that this option should be disabled in bios as default as its not needed if im using corsair link? because if use corsair link bios options will not work?

You seem to be confused about how Corsair Link works. Corsair Link does not change any BIOS settings. Setting the pump header to 100 % all the time is simply a pre-requisite for the pump to function correctly. If its already at a 100% all the time, then you do not need to change anything.

You can still control the pump speed in corsair link with the pump header at 100%, that is exactly what is meant to happen.

Even if the pump header is set to 100% all the time, the fans will still control their speed according to the coolant temperatures. They are two completely separate things.

If you don't take anything away from the above take this point: The H100i v2 fan header needs a constant 12 V, to supply a constant 12 V you need the header to be at 100% all the time, all control of pump speed and fan speed are done through corsair link which is independent of the BIOS settings.

You seem to be confused about how Corsair Link works. Corsair Link does not change any BIOS settings. Setting the pump header to 100 % all the time is simply a pre-requisite for the pump to function correctly. If its already at a 100% all the time, then you do not need to change anything.

You can still control the pump speed in corsair link with the pump header at 100%, that is exactly what is meant to happen.

Even if the pump header is set to 100% all the time, the fans will still control their speed according to the coolant temperatures. They are two completely separate things.

If you don't take anything away from the above take this point: The H100i v2 fan header needs a constant 12 V, to supply a constant 12 V you need the header to be at 100% all the time, all control of pump speed and fan speed are done through corsair link which is independent of the BIOS settings.

okay i set it to DC mode. anything else i need to do in the bios? i changed it from pwm to DC. 

24 minutes ago, charbel1011 said:

okay i set it to DC mode. anything else i need to do in the bios? i changed it from pwm to DC. 

Thats it. and no further settings need to be changed in the BIOS.

i have the h100iv2 and its connected to a pump header on my motherboard. there's an option in my bios called water pump control disabled. should i enable it and set it to DC?

3 minutes ago, charbel1011 said:

i have the h100iv2 and its connected to a pump header on my motherboard. there's an option in my bios called water pump control disabled. should i enable it and set it to DC?

dude.... we just went over this yesterday.

11 minutes ago, For Science! said:

dude.... we just went over this yesterday.

most of the searches on google says that water pump control should be disabled. why? why is it disabled by default then? why people are saying that if u put it to DC the pump will have various speed and voltages and it will destroy the pump?

most of the searches on google says that water pump control should be disabled. why? why is it disabled by default then?

That is because pump speed is not something that should be changed with temperature, you don't want a pump to stop just because the cpu temperatures are low. Similarly you also dont need a pump to go faster just because the CPU is hot, liquid flow makes very little difference to temperatures.

All this is is only even relevant if you have a pump that is PWM controlled. YOUR H100i V2 IS NOT A PWM OR VOLTAGE CONTROLLED DEVICE. All it needs is a constant 12V supply, and any control of the pump is done through corsair link.

I heavily regret doing yesterday's posting with you. If I were honest, it really doesn't matter if its DC or PWM mode, since PWM mode is also a constant 12 V signal, but I thought you'd be confused if I went into that. I would recommend you to read up on the difference between PWM and DC mode control and then work out under which modes you can achieve a constant 12 V input for the H100 i v2.

That is because pump speed is not something that should be changed with temperature, you don't want a pump to stop just because the cpu temperatures are low. Similarly you also dont need a pump to go faster just because the CPU is hot, liquid flow makes very little difference to temperatures.

All this is is only even relevant if you have a pump that is PWM controlled. YOUR H100i V2 IS NOT A PWM OR VOLTAGE CONTROLLED DEVICE. All it needs is a constant 12V supply, and any control of the pump is done through corsair link.

I heavily regret doing yesterday's posting with you. If I were honest, it really doesn't matter if its DC or PWM mode, since PWM mode is also a constant 12 V signal, but I thought you'd be confused if I went into that. I would recommend you to read up on the difference between PWM and DC mode control and then work out under which modes you can achieve a constant 12 V input for the H100 i v2.

dude im sorry im really noob with these kind of stuff bare with me if u can. the thing is when i set the water pump control in bios. theres some of the speeds i cant control. like basically when i did set it to DC i cant change any temperature speed or anything in that section. 

1 minute ago, charbel1011 said:

dude im sorry im really noob with these kind of stuff bare with me if u can. the thing is when i set the water pump control in bios. theres some of the speeds i cant control. like basically when i did set it to DC i cant change any temperature speed or anything in that section. 

Sorry, I'm at the end of my tether. Hopefully somebody else can help you out.

Yeah, dude, if you want to properly control anything on a Corsair AiO, then what you need to use is Corsair LINK.

Yes, plug the 4-pin connection coming from the H100i into the CPU-fan header. That's there mainly to inform the motherboard that the pump is up and running.

For any kind of pump speed control on this AiO, regardless of how necessary it may or may not be, you need to connect the USB cable that came with it to a USB header on the motherboard and set up what you want using the Corsair LINK software.

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/landing/corsair-link-dashboard

Ignore any and all pump related settings in your motherboard BIOS. You aren't controlling a pump directly. This is an AiO.

---