My disc is oddly runied

Hello everybody, 

So I uninstalled gta v from my ps4 since it ran very poorly and I tried to install the game again, but it got stuck at 0% or 50% when trying to reinstall, i analyzed the dissc and i obsered that the edge had a wierd grey blotch inside (i attached a picture) which i didnt pay attenton to before because my game worked fine with it (i later found out that the disc is just a key for the console to start the game). Btw its a bluray.

anybody with a similar issue? How did you fix it or can it be fixed? 

image.jpg

7 minutes ago, AskingForAFriend said:

Hello everybody, 

So I uninstalled gta v from my ps4 since it ran very poorly and I tried to install the game again, but it got stuck at 0% or 50% when trying to reinstall, i analyzed the dissc and i obsered that the edge had a wierd grey blotch inside (i attached a picture) which i didnt pay attenton to before because my game worked fine with it (i later found out that the disc is just a key for the console to start the game). Btw its a bluray.

anybody with a similar issue? How did you fix it or can it be fixed? 

Seems like the layers of the disc were separated a little bit. As far as I know, that is unfixable.

Did the disc not come with a code for online activation or something?

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

9 minutes ago, Cyberspirit said:

Seems like the layers of the disc were separated a little bit. As far as I know, that is unfixable.

Did the disc not come with a code for online activation or something?

No, god forbid if rockstar ever have to give away anything for their precious 40 dollars. On the other not, yea the disc does seem a bit separated, maybe if i heat the adhesive i can stick the layers back. Goddammit if a 60 dollar game dosn't even have quality materials then to hell of it, ill buy digital from now on.

13 minutes ago, AskingForAFriend said:

Maybe if i heat the adhesive i can stick the layers back

I don't think that will work.

Definitely look it up online but, I highly doubt that you can repair it that way.

Edit: I looked around but, I couldn't find any way to repair a separated disc. I think it's just screwed. :(

12 minutes ago, Cyberspirit said:

Maybe if i heat the adhesive i can stick the layers back

Before altering the disc, maybe drop RS tech support a question to see if they'd replace the media? You never know. I had a delamination issue with a MS disc before and I emailed a picture and they sent a new disc without even requiring me to send the old one back. Ask nicely; you may be surprised.

24 minutes ago, Cyberspirit said:

I don't think that will work.

Definitely look it up online but, I highly doubt that you can repair it that way.

Edit: I looked around but, I couldn't find any way to repair a separated disc. I think it's just screwed. :(

I know i looked for a while myself, seems like im alone.

9 minutes ago, Sickshooter0 said:

Before altering the disc, maybe drop RS tech support a question to see if they'd replace the media? You never know. I had a delamination issue with a MS disc before and I emailed a picture and they sent a new disc without even requiring me to send the old one back. Ask nicely; you may be surprised.

Seems like a good plan, im onto it.

4 hours ago, Sickshooter0 said:

well its 4 hours later and rockstar hasnt replied to my tweet. assholes.

4 minutes ago, AskingForAFriend said:

well its 4 hours later and rockstar hasnt replied to my tweet. assholes.

Tweeting won't work. Head to their Support page and create a ticket if you want to contact them.