Anyone have luck getting their money back from DBrand?

NannerBeans

I purchased 2 DBrand skins because the back of my G6 is cracked in a corner and because I heard about them from Linus. Fast-forward to today, I received my skins and they feel god awful. Like every time I pick up my phone with the wrap, it feels like a toy. I peeled it off after an hour. Has anyone been able to get their money back from DBrand when you haven't liked the product you bought?

I highly doubt you can get your money back if you already applied it

My life

I think you could get your money back if it's defective, not if you don't like it. Especially since you've already used the product.

Then again, cost is next to nothing for skins, so they might give you something back.

On an unrelated note, I hate how people think they're entitled to a refund simply for not liking something they bought.

Research before you buy. All refunds do is generate massive amounts of waste.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

12 minutes ago, dizmo said:

I think you could get your money back if it's defective, not if you don't like it. Especially since you've already used the product.

Then again, cost is next to nothing for skins, so they might give you something back.

On an unrelated note, I hate how people think they're entitled to a refund simply for not liking something they bought.

Research before you buy. All refunds do is generate massive amounts of waste.

Not what I was saying at all. I was wondering if DBrand has a satisfaction guarantee policy or something like that since that is fairly common. 

BTW, refunds don't generate waste. It's going to be thrown away refund or not so it's not adding to waste. The waste is already there. Just a matter of if the company is willing to stand behind their product. 

1 minute ago, NannerBeans said:

Not what I was saying at all. I was wondering if DBrand has a satisfaction guarantee policy or something like that since that is fairly common. 

BTW, refunds don't generate waste. It's going to be thrown away refund or not so it's not adding to waste. The waste is already there. Just a matter of if the company is willing to stand behind their product. 

What are you talking about? That's exactly what you said.

I purchased 2 DBrand skins because the back of my G6 is cracked in a corner and because I heard about them from Linus. Fast-forward to today, I received my skins and they feel god awful. Like every time I pick up my phone with the wrap, it feels like a toy. I peeled it off after an hour. Has anyone been able to get their money back from DBrand when you haven't liked the product you bought?

I didn't say they did. I said unrelated note.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Why would you remove it after an hour? You should let yourself become accustomed to it before passing judgment. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

1 minute ago, dizmo said:

What are you talking about? That's exactly what you said.

I didn't say they did. I said unrelated note.

I never said I was entitled to a refund, I was merely wondering if they had a satisfaction guarantee policy. You are twisting my words. I never said they were required to give me a refund, I was asking a question about their policy. 

21 minutes ago, dizmo said:

All refunds do is generate massive amounts of waste.

Yes, you did. You said refunds generate waste. That's not true. The waste is there already. Only thing a refund does is gives money back. If someone doesn't like something and they don't want it, it's going to get tossed out whether or not they get a refund for the item. 

2 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

Why would you remove it after an hour? You should let yourself become accustomed to it before passing judgment. 

If the product is good, you shouldn't even need to become accustomed to it. It's supposed to be an improvement which is why you spend money on it. 

4 minutes ago, NannerBeans said:

I never said I was entitled to a refund, I was merely wondering if they had a satisfaction guarantee policy. You are twisting my words. I never said they were required to give me a refund, I was asking a question about their policy. 

Yes, you did. You said refunds generate waste. That's not true. The waste is there already. Only thing a refund does is gives money back. If someone doesn't like something and they don't want it, it's going to get tossed out whether or not they get a refund for the item. 

I didn't say you were. How on earth are you missing that point?

I said you want a refund because you don't like it, and didn't know if that would be acceptable. Which is true.

The idea of refunds generates waste in that people don't research things before they buy them, simply returning them to the store. So yes, refunds do generate waste.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, NannerBeans said:

If the product is good, you shouldn't even need to become accustomed to it. It's supposed to be an improvement which is why you spend money on it. 

People may have used cases on previous phones, had thicker or thinner phones, or feel weird with new options. You aren't going to do better in a sport just because you buy a better racquet or stick if you haven't acclimated to it. 

Spoiler

"Stick" is a jab at baseball players. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 

Just now, dizmo said:

The idea of refunds generates waste in that people don't research things before they buy them, simply returning them to the store. So yes, refunds do generate waste.

Sometimes you need things in hand to evaluate it properly. There's only so much you can learn from research and this isn't something like a graphics card where you can just look up benchmarks online.

7 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

People may have used cases on previous phones, had thicker or thinner phones, or feel weird with new options. You aren't going to do better in a sport just because you buy a better racquet or stick if you haven't acclimated to it. 

Reveal hidden contents

"Stick" is a jab at baseball players. 

But this is not about getting better at something, this is about poor quality products. I think you're trying to compare apples to oranges. 

2 minutes ago, NannerBeans said:

Sometimes you need things in hand to evaluate it properly. There's only so much you can learn from research and this isn't something like a graphics card where you can just look up benchmarks online.

WHICH IS WHY I SAID "ON AN UNRELATED NOTE."

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, NannerBeans said:

But this is not about getting better at something, this is about poor quality products. I think you're trying to compare apples to oranges. 

Just stick the thing back on and see how you feel after a few days.

dbrand Return Policy:

Cancellation / Returns

Except for any statutory rights of cancellation that you may have under applicable provincial consumer protection laws, once you place your order you cannot cancel it. Given the customized nature of d-brand's products, products purchased cannot be returned or exchanged without express authorization from a d-brand representative. Refunds can be provided for products that are damaged before delivery to you or in the case of product bearing a custom logo or other artwork requested by you, product bearing a logo or other artwork that does not match the logo or other artwork requested by you. If you receive your order and any products appear to be damaged or do not bear the custom logo or other artwork requested by you, please contact us promptly at the contact details set out below. Returns for unopened, unused merchandise that does not bear any logo or other artwork may be eligible for a refund minus the shipping amount, provided that the merchandise arrived in a damaged condition.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

The question is which dbrand skin did you get? I've had a few over the years, matte finish, carbon fibre & titanium, none of them felt cheap, but some were better than others. Imo the titanium was the best out of the 3 skins. Felt awesome in the hand, added extra grip to the device & looked sweet. I don't have a skin on my new phone or MacBook but I am considering getting the dragon skin one next for my phone.

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

3 hours ago, NannerBeans said:

I was wondering if DBrand has a satisfaction guarantee policy or something like that since that is fairly common. 

Have you asked, I don't know, Dbrand?

4 hours ago, dizmo said:

When I used to work retail, we had a lot of customers who wanted to return things because they didn't like the products. We hated those people! You can't just use things and refund them. I know there are certain businesses that give you a period for that kind of stuff, but they are the exception rather than the rule.

CPU: Intel i5 3550           | Cooler: Corsair A50          | Motherboard: Asus P8Z77      | Storage: Crucial MX200 250GB |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB   | GPU: GTX 1650                | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)  | PSU: EVGA 650W G2            |

Sometimes you can do all the research in the world, but until that product is in your hands, in use and you get to "daily drive" it for a day or two its hard to tell if you will actually like it or not, reviews only go so far IMHO, thus with many products, i refuse to purchase unless i get to see them/try them before hand, or if they have a satisfaction guarantee 

12 hours ago, ARikozuM said:

Just stick the thing back on and see how you feel after a few days.

Dude if you don't like something, you don't like it. I don't need a few days to figure out that DBrand is complete junk. 

I agree with the OP here on one part. You can't just "\research" how something feels in the hand lol. Thats like researching how a certain glove will fit you without actually knowing how big your hand is. Now the return part, not sure if you should be able to or not. But I don't think they accept them anyways.

2 minutes ago, Abyss Gaming said:

I agree with the OP here on one part. You can't just "\research" how something feels in the hand lol. Thats like researching how a certain glove will fit you without actually knowing how big your hand is. Now the return part, not sure if you should be able to or not. But I don't think they accept them anyways.

Yeah I'm probably going to chuck the 1 I used in the garbage and sell the other on eBay. Maybe someone else will like it more than I do.