What kind of case should I be looking for?

dwright

I'm new to the PC building community and I would like to start by finding a case that is not only cool looking but can suit all my gaming needs along with plenty of space for future and better upgrades to hardware. Any suggestions?

most beautiful case there is https://www.nzxt.com/products/s340-white

Favorite Threads: PSU Tier List

My Stuff n' Things

Spoiler

The Beast (My Rig)   |CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X|  |Cooling: Enermax Liquimax III, 6x 120mm Noctua Redux|  |Motherboard:  MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus|  |RAM: 4x32gb 3200 G.Skill TridentZ NEO|  |Graphics Card: EVGA(RIP) GeForce RTX 3070TI FTW3|  |Power Supply: Corsair CX-M 750W|  |Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Mid Tower Case(Black)|  |SSD: 1Tb WD BLACK NVMe, 500gb NVMe, 1Tb Samsung 850 EVO|  |Monitor: MSI Optix MPG341QR 34" Ultrawide|  |Keyboard: Logitech G815|  |Mouse: Logitech G203 LIGHTSYNC|  |Audio Interface: FiiO K7 DAC/Amp|  |Headphones: Sennheiser HD6XX |Webcam: Logitech C920, Logitech C270|

My Network Rack  |Switch: Cisco Dell PowerConnect 5548P|  |Router: Unifi USG|  |Rack: 12U|  |Server: HP Z420|  |Services: Proxmox PVE, Wireguard, Pihole, NVR, NAS|

Mid or full tower ATX case. The Phanteks Eclipse is probably the best for around $70 USD. The Lian Li 330 or the NZXT s340 elite are good cases under $100 USD. For top end cases around 100 to 300 bucks, you might want to look at the NZXT H700i, be Quiet Dark Base 700 or Dark Base 900, Fractal Define r6. Corsair 570x and 470x also both look nice, along with some of the Thermaltake View line of cases. I personally have the be Quiet Dark Base 700 and the case is a beauty to look at and great to work inside as far as cabling goes. 

print "Hello World!" ("Hello World!")

6 minutes ago, StillOnH81 said:

What is your budget, exactly?

$100 give or take a little, I want to spend mostly on hardware.

3 minutes ago, StillOnH81 said:

I checked it out but apparently there have been reports of hardware disconnecting from the frame. I don't take it too seriously because maybe they just failed to install properly.

Phanteks P300 and P400 seems fairly popular, high quality and good looking.

PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790 MB: Gigabyte B85N RAM: Adata 4GB + Kingston 8GB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB GPU: XFX GTR RX 480 8GB Case: Advantech IPC-510 PSU: Corsair RM1000i KB: Idobao x YMDK ID75 with Outemu Silent Grey Mouse: Logitech G305 Mousepad: LTT Deskpad Headphones: AKG K240 Sextett
Phone: Sony Xperia 5 II

35 minutes ago, MrMcMuffinJr said:

most beautiful case there is https://www.nzxt.com/products/s340-white

I would say I agree but since it was released a lot better cases for that price have come out.

I built a rig in one and it was nice but the top doesn't support more than one fan, the front airflow isn't great and the overall build quality is more on the budget side (and it is noticeable). And the sidepanel is acrylic.

PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790 MB: Gigabyte B85N RAM: Adata 4GB + Kingston 8GB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB GPU: XFX GTR RX 480 8GB Case: Advantech IPC-510 PSU: Corsair RM1000i KB: Idobao x YMDK ID75 with Outemu Silent Grey Mouse: Logitech G305 Mousepad: LTT Deskpad Headphones: AKG K240 Sextett
Phone: Sony Xperia 5 II

I'm seeing the different amount of bays both 2.5 and 3.5, can anyone explain these to me?

1 hour ago, dwright said:

I'm seeing the different amount of bays both 2.5 and 3.5, can anyone explain these to me?

This is the actual size of the drives you're using. The 3.5" drives are the larger and thicker tradition hard drives that used spinning disks. The 2.5" drives are usually now for SSD'd or smaller spining disk drives (usually these go into laptops so theyre not common in PC tower builds)

Image result for 3.5" vs 2.5 hdd

Sometimes, case manufactures will specify whether or not their 3.5" drives can also accommodate 2.5" drives instead, sometimes they wont. In most cases however, a 3.5" drive sled can also hold a 2.5" drive, so if you needed a lot of 2.5" SSD's for example but not a lot of 3.5" HDD's, you could mount drives in those. 

FLEXIBLE STORAGE OPTIONS

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

3 hours ago, dwright said:

I'm new to the PC building community and I would like to start by finding a case that is not only cool looking but can suit all my gaming needs along with plenty of space for future and better upgrades to hardware. Any suggestions?

For $100 budget, if you haven't looked at them yet, there is the Corsair 400C or Q and the Spec Omega.  Spec Omega launched a couple weeks ago at CES so you won't find many builds in them yet, but it has the same functionality as the 400C/Q, and adds tempered glass to the front and side.

Spec_Omega_WHT_01.png

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

https://support.corsair.com/