[US][Amazon]Four Windows Mixed Reality Sets at 40-55% off

Mira Yurizaki

Four company's mixed reality sets are going on sale this week on Amazon US. Original article: https://www.roadtovr.com/windows-vr-headsets-see-huge-sales-at-amazon-us/

Acer AH101 ($220)

Lenovo Explorer $245

Dell Visor ($220)

HP Mixed Reality ($240)

These also come with controllers.

Edited by M.Yurizaki
Added names and prices to links.

oh come on why could this not be Amazon UK or DK or something so i could get one :( for that price i dont think i could hold back tbh

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Neat. Are any of these recommended over the others? Spec wise they all seem similar enough.

As an aside for people who are interested: https://www.pcworld.com/article/3222871/virtual-reality/dells-visor-is-a-gorgeous-vr-headset-but-windows-mixed-reality-still-needs-polish.html

Basically the major issue that was found with Microsoft's approach is that if the controllers go out of view with the headset tracking cameras, things get a little off.

This has actully been going on for a coulpe days I think

I posted about this a while back

My life

23 minutes ago, tjcater said:

Neat. Are any of these recommended over the others? Spec wise they all seem similar enough.

Lenovo explorer and Dell are the most comfortable imo. Personally I like (and have) the explorer. If you live by a Microsoft store you can try them (explorer has no light bleed tho)

18 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

As an aside for people who are interested: https://www.pcworld.com/article/3222871/virtual-reality/dells-visor-is-a-gorgeous-vr-headset-but-windows-mixed-reality-still-needs-polish.html

Basically the major issue that was found with Microsoft's approach is that if the controllers go out of view with the headset tracking cameras, things get a little off.

I don't notice this that often.

To anyone thinking of one, AMA

4 hours ago, Abyss Gaming said:

To anyone thinking of one, AMA

Have you tried the vive? and if so, how does it compare (tracking accuracy, latency, display, FOV, etc.)

Have you noticed any weird bugs/quirks? does it play nice with software like steamVR?

Is there room-scale tracking like the vive, or just hand-tracking like occulus? if there is, then how well does it track strange movement (like crouching, tilting your head, crawling, etc.)

how often do you use it?

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

9 hours ago, RadiatingLight said:

Have you tried the vive? and if so, how does it compare (tracking accuracy, latency, display, FOV, etc.)

Have you noticed any weird bugs/quirks? does it play nice with software like steamVR?

Is there room-scale tracking like the vive, or just hand-tracking like occulus? if there is, then how well does it track strange movement (like crouching, tilting your head, crawling, etc.)

how often do you use it?

I tried the vive a while back, don't remember enough to really confirm. The only issue is the small sweet spot but I found a way to increase that on the explorer if you ever decide to get one. If you move the controller too far below your face and move it back it'll seem natural, but if you stop out of the view it'll seem a bit weird bring it back in if that makes sense. Not many bugs but steam VR can be a little weird sometimes, it works on all the games made for Vive (although some are a bit glitchy with it, most are fine) room scale works perfect, no matter how you move your head. I don't get a chance to use it a ton, but it takes like 2 seconds to get it started once you set it up for the first time (which is super easy as well)