Linus's server list?

SuperCookie78
Go to solution Solved by kagarium,

There's a Floatplane Club exclusive vlog from about a month ago with a tour of Unit 101 and a tour of the server room and an explanation of what each one does and some future plans.

is their a list of all of the servers deployed for LMG and their purposes? after all of the server videos its hard to keep track of what is still in uses what isn't and what they are all meant to do. 

LOOK AT MY NEW FLAG DESIGNS FOR PA AND VOTE ON YOUR FAVORITE

LOOK AT MY FIRST BATCH OF DESIGNS HERE

4690K @ 4.5GHz

GTX 970 FTW

MSI Z97 PC MATE

Define R5 windowed

Cooler Master Seidon 240m

EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G1

Kingston 120gb SSD

SanDisk 480Gb SSD

Seagate 1Tb Hard drive

Ones for transcoding, other is for storage, can't remember others.

The geek himself.

2 minutes ago, Being Delirious said:

Ones for transcoding, other is for storage, can't remember others.

but like a detailed list for the server name its function and which video it was built in would be nice or just a server room tour as it seems to have settled down.

4690K @ 4.5GHz

GTX 970 FTW

MSI Z97 PC MATE

Define R5 windowed

EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G1

Kingston 120gb SSD

SanDisk 480Gb SSD

Seagate 1Tb Hard drive

There's a Floatplane Club exclusive vlog from about a month ago with a tour of Unit 101 and a tour of the server room and an explanation of what each one does and some future plans.

Currently majoring in computer networking. That's about it yeah. Not much goes on in my life.

Be sure to quote me if you want me to reply!

17 minutes ago, kagarium said:

so does that get released on youtube anytime soon? 

4690K @ 4.5GHz

GTX 970 FTW

MSI Z97 PC MATE

Define R5 windowed

EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G1

Kingston 120gb SSD

SanDisk 480Gb SSD

Seagate 1Tb Hard drive

Just now, SuperCookie78 said:

so does that get released on youtube anytime soon? 

No. It is a Floatplane exclusive.

Currently majoring in computer networking. That's about it yeah. Not much goes on in my life.

You can check out the "office move" series on Youtube, you'll see some of the servers in the videos. I imagine they updated things since then but nevertheless it's something.

Just now, kagarium said:

No. It is a Floatplane exclusive.

exclusive like nerd sports where it was released months later or permanently exclusive.

4690K @ 4.5GHz

GTX 970 FTW

MSI Z97 PC MATE

Define R5 windowed

EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G1

Kingston 120gb SSD

SanDisk 480Gb SSD

Seagate 1Tb Hard drive

1 minute ago, SuperCookie78 said:

exclusive like nerd sports where it was released months later or permanently exclusive.

Floatplane exclusives are just that.  That's permanent.  If you want that content, you gotta join the "Cool Kids Club"  :D  

Main Rig:

Case: Lian Li Lancool Mesh RGB

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 

Cooler: CoolerMaster MasterLiquid 240

MB: MSI B550 Gaming Pro Carbon 

Ram: Gskill DDR4 3600 x 32GB 

GPU: Asus Arez Strix Vega 64 OC

PS: Seasonic FOCUS Gold Plus Series SSR-750FX

SSD1: Crucial P1 1TB NVME

SSD2: Adata SU800 512gb M.2 Sata

HDD: Hitatchi 2tb 7200RPM + 3x 2TB WD Passport USB 3.0

Monitors: AOC C24G1

Keyboard: Cheap Blue Knockoff Mechanical

Mouse: Uhuru Gaming Mouse

Current Vintage Equipment:  Please ask me about it, I love to talk old tech!
IBM Thinkpad 390, IBM Aptiva A12, IBM PS/2 Model 25-004.  Compaq Contura 4/25C, Presario 7596
Asus P5A-B Socket 7 Box, Tandy 1000RLX-HD "B" & 1200-2FD, VIC20, Zenith ZFL-181-93, Packard Bell 300SX.

Apple II/gs, Mac Plus x2, Mac SE x2, Performa 450

1 minute ago, zombienerd said:

Floatplane exclusives are just that.  That's permanent.  If you want that content, you gotta join the "Cool Kids Club"  :D  

ok thanks

4690K @ 4.5GHz

GTX 970 FTW

MSI Z97 PC MATE

Define R5 windowed

EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G1

Kingston 120gb SSD

SanDisk 480Gb SSD

Seagate 1Tb Hard drive

Just now, SuperCookie78 said:

Exclusive. Nerd Sports was only released because Vessel died and they did not have Floatplane Club at the time.

There are actually a decent amount of vlogs that get released on Floatplane with tours of projects going on in the office, sneak peaks at new content, and general shenanigans from the LMG team. If you're interested, I suggest joining.

4 minutes ago, mariushm said:

You can check out the "office move" series on Youtube, you'll see some of the servers in the videos. I imagine they updated things since then but nevertheless it's something.

Yes, quite a lot has changed since then, if not everything.

They like to add overkill crazy dedicated hardware to solve every small problem. From what I gathered, here are the most important servers and their functions. 

1. Surveillance server - makes sure employees are working

2. Print server- this server was set up by Luke to automatically print out 1 unsigned letter of resignation on Fridays. He needs to get this letter and actively tell himself no in order to keep his morale up. It's really more about feeling that there is a way out, and choice in his life. This is why Linus made him Executive Floatplane Video Delivery Boy- it's a meaningless title, but it helps his insecurity. 

3. Automatically enforced swear jar- this is technically part of the surveillance server, but it IDs the voice of every person it records and rack ups fines for anyone who swears, which comes out of their paycheck. Since Linus swears the most by far out of his employees I hear, this is suspected to be a money laundering scheme to keep money away from Yvonne who won't let him buy stupid shit like racing cockpits. 

4. Macro server- After getting his 27th keypad, Taran's macro scripts were slowing down his local editing machine, he had to move the problem. 

5. Sandal server- This amazons a different pair of sandals to each employees house on a bi-monthly basis. Linus is not enforcing a dress code but he's trying to forcefully encourage them. Oddly Vancouver's homeless have been well-sandaled lately. 

6. Brandon's camera equipment server- Brandon sends this server what piece of camera equipment he wants, like say two 140K USD fucking cameras, and automatically picks a more expensive alternative and sends that to Linus instead over their company chat. It then injects ads into unencrypted traffic to all of the company devices for the piece of gear he really wants, which Linus will see and order thinking he saved money and didn't let Brandon win. Everyone else knows this is happening, but they overlook it as Linus once gave them horrible laptops as a Christmas bonus. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

4 hours ago, kagarium said:

Know what it was called?

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

14 hours ago, SuperCookie78 said:

NerdSports was Vessel owned show and exclusive to Vessel. If someone would bought LMG and decide to release all BTS stuff to all, then those would become public. But as long as LMG owns the content, they remain exclusive.

10 hours ago, TheKDub said:

Know what it was called?

The Server clean Vlog series is also good one to check if $3 feels too much.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv