Bungie responds to Faction Rally throttling backlash and learns nothing about transparency

AlTech

There are a number of Destiny fanboys at where I work.

They're livid over this.

Yet they won't stop playing or buying loot boxes.

Like, seriously.....stop complaining or stop playing you f**king morons.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

7 hours ago, Commodus said:

Aluminum, your obsession with the minutiae of Destiny 2 is... unhealthy.  It reminds me of Derek Smart's fixation on Star Citizen -- it seems less about wanting the game to improve and more about hoping that it fails.

They're concerns, but they're not the catastrophic failures you make them out to be.  It's a game, and the core mechanic of the game is just fine, thanks.

Repeating the same mistakes over and over again honestly sounds like catastrophic or careless decision making to me. 

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

I still try to play Destiny 2 "daily", well, in very low doses. More like, logging in, checking if there is anything happening (usually not) and quitting.

I'm one of those who haven't been burned out by Destiny 1, only played in the very beginning, maybe a month or so, so I don't have that "baggage", but still, after a certain point, after finising the campaign and reaching certain power?? level, I have just felt totally meh towards Destiny 2 (here's hoping they will give us something decent with the DLC or something).

I try to play, like said, but it just feels there is little to no reward in doing so, and then on top of that Bungie seems to fucking up something new every week (and on purpose as well). I noticed the Lost Sector chest thing myself, thinking I encountered a bug or something, just to find out a bit later it was intended like that. D2, a game that punishes you for playing (your own way?)???

I mean, I get that they don't want the loot cave issue to come up (again?), but basically telling those few people, who are actually still playing; sorry you are playing the game "wrong" and now we are going to punish you for doing so, is a bit absurd.

16 hours ago, AresKrieger said:

It's been 8 years since Bungie has made a good game, it is quite clear that they are washed up and their partnership with activision was their death knell.

8 years? Try 9. 

8 hours ago, Castdeath97 said:

Repeating the same mistakes over and over again honestly sounds like catastrophic or careless decision making to me. 

Careless, maybe.  Catastrophic, not necessarily.  The issue I have is that some treat these like world-ending events.  Well, no -- the game is still fun even with the flaws, and Bungie has, in fact, tackled them to at least some degree.  And it's ironic when people complain about the reward system in particular, since they're effectively admitting that they like the core game and want to play more.

3 hours ago, Jito463 said:

Now that's a game I'd like to see remade, or perhaps a sequel to.  I should replay that again.

You can remake it yourself right now (to a degree).  There are mods for it, and its still the best run & gun beat 'em up ever made IMO.  They've done a good job making it easy to install and use mods too.  Get Oni AE(anniversary edition), download and install the mods into AE, and done.  Easy peasy.

http://oni.bungie.org/forum/viewforum.php?id=12

Probably should check it out before the activision overlords take notice and $#!7 all over it.

I haven't played the game since October or November. They're not fooling me again.

Current Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X3D

GPU: RTX 3080 Ti FE

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z CL16 3200 MHz

Mobo: Asus Tuf X570 Plus Wifi

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X53

PSU: EVGA G6 Supernova 850

Case: NZXT S340 Elite

Current Laptop:

Model: Asus ROG Zephyrus G14

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900HS

GPU: RTX 3060

RAM: 16GB @3200 MHz

Old PC:

CPU: Intel i7 8700K @4.9 GHz/1.315v

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z CL16 3200 MHz

Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A

16 hours ago, Commodus said:

Careless, maybe.  Catastrophic, not necessarily.  The issue I have is that some treat these like world-ending events.  Well, no -- the game is still fun even with the flaws, and Bungie has, in fact, tackled them to at least some degree.  And it's ironic when people complain about the reward system in particular, since they're effectively admitting that they like the core game and want to play more.

For the game it kinda is, they have been losing a lot of their playerbase and this is not helping.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

8 hours ago, Castdeath97 said:

For the game it kinda is, they have been losing a lot of their playerbase and this is not helping.

Have they, though?  People are quick to point to the daily active user count, but that's a pretty lousy metric even when you track some longer-term trends.  It basically presumes that people use Destiny 2 the way they'd use Facebook, which doesn't really work.  Even as someone who's a big fan, I only play 2-3 times a week.  Daily rates are going to fluctuate wildly based on the time of the week and year.

And it doesn't depend on regular players the way a traditional MMO does.  Clearly it needs some players (for strikes, raids and PVP), but this is a game designed such that you can "finish" it.  I can't help but think that the people hoping D2 fails were sincerely expecting the game to have a World of Warcraft-style adoption curve where the daily active user base just keeps growing for years.  Well, no.  Some people were simply going to stop playing the moment they finished the main story, or maybe after they'd tackled the side missions.  They might not come back to it until the DLC, or not at all.  As such, I'd expect the user base graph to look more like a roller coaster where it spikes on launch and with major updates, but drops off sharply in between.