Twitch and Disney Partnering Up?

Nikolai_Von_Imhof

So this is something terrifying, amazing, and crazy all at the same time, wondering what everyone is thinking about this recent news. It is terrifying to me, just because how much Twitch(Amazon) is starting to try to take over the market, and I am not sure what to think about it, because its amazing because Youtube has been screwing up very big recently, and maybe this will bring good competition. But crazy because I am not sure what it exactly means, I am hoping that it doesn't mean that these four Youtubers can only use Twitch, and whatever Twitch gives them to use. But at the same time it kindof looks like it might because of the Twitch/Disney partnership to create a new video producing tool for Twitch, or at least from Techcrunch they say

"Twitch is launching a suite of tools for video creators who want to post produced videos instead of only live streaming their content."

So ya.

I don't know what to think, figured this should be posted here, and I just want to see and hear other peoples thoughts on it.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180118005550/en
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/01/twitch-challenges-youtube-with-new-video-producer-tools-disney-parternship/
https://techcrunch.com/2018/01/18/twitch-partners-with-disney-digital-network-on-content-adds-software-for-broadcasting-pre-recorded-videos/?ncid=mobilenavtrend

Edited by W-L

Just now, Abyssal Radon said:

Great... Twitch has to be rated G for All Audiences... fuck Disney. 

Fuck are you talking about?

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Disney has a Streaming Service coming in 2019, but the ones they own under their different properties are all thought of as pretty bad. Now Twitch/Amazon are making digital content deals, even if Internet space, with Disney. I wonder if Disney is buying IP from Amazon for their streaming service.

2 hours ago, Abyssal Radon said:

Great... Twitch has to be rated G for All Audiences... fuck Disney. 

Spoiler

And yet in The Last Jedi movie Snoke got cut in half... kthen

Edited by TheRandomness
Just for safety.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

1 minute ago, Abyssal Radon said:

Basically, Disney needs to make like a tree and fuck off. Because Disney ruined Star Wars so I really don't want them to stick their fingers in another business or service.

Sound like you don't know why you're outraged and are just throwing out random shit and hoping something sticks

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

1 minute ago, Taf the Ghost said:

Disney has a Streaming Service coming in 2019, but the ones they own under their different properties are all thought of as pretty bad. Now Twitch/Amazon are making digital content deals, even if Internet space, with Disney. I wonder if Disney is buying IP from Amazon for their streaming service.

Oh that is something that would be very interesting to know, see. Especially if Disney buys and trades IPs with Amazon. It would be very interesting to see, especially if say with their Movie Streaming Service you can possibly get to watch more of their exclusive movies on say Amazon, while you can watch every Disney movie on Disney's personal service.

This may shock you guys, but outside of media IPs, Disney actually owns companies that have invented a tremendous amount of technology towards the field of media production.  Every day at work I'm using the OpenEXR image format, produced by ILM, since it's become industry standard:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenEXR

And that's just one single example.

29 minutes ago, Abyssal Radon said:

Basically, Disney needs to make like a tree and fuck off. Because Disney ruined Star Wars so I really don't want them to stick their fingers in another business or service.

Ruined Star Wars lol, the unrealistic expectations and hype from the fans set up ANY new movies to fail to meet them.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

28 minutes ago, Abyssal Radon said:

The frick are you talking about?  Disney saved Star Wars!  The prequels were terrible (in comparison to the originals)!  Now, the sequels are coming out and they're freaking amazing!  Episode VIII just felt so much like Star Wars, which is something the prequels never did for me.

Sorry for the mess!  My laptop just went ROG!

"THE ROGUE":  ASUS ROG Zephyrus G15 GA503QR (2021)

• Ryzen 9 5900HS
  • RTX 3070 Laptop GPU (80W)
  • 24GB DDR4-3200 (8+16)
  • 2TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial P2 NVMe (games)
  • 90Wh battery + 200W power brick
  • 15.6" 1440p 165Hz IPS Pantone display
  • Logitech G603 mouse + Logitech G733 headset

"Hex": Dell G7 7588 (2018)

• i7-8750H
  • GTX 1060 Max-Q
  • 16GB DDR4-2666
  • 1TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA (games)
  • 56Wh battery + 180W power brick
  • 15.6" 1080p 60Hz IPS display
  • Corsair Harpoon Wireless mouse + Corsair HS70 headset

"Mishiimin": Apple iMac 5K 27" (2017)

• i7-7700K
  • Radeon Pro 580 8GB (basically a desktop R9 390)
  • 16GB DDR4-2400
  • 2TB SSHD
  • 400W power supply (I think?)
  • 27" 5K 75Hz Retina display
  • Logitech G213 keyboard + Logitech G203 Prodigy mouse

Other tech: Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max 256GB in White, Sennheiser PXC 550-II, Razer Hammerhead earbuds, JBL Tune Flex earbuds, OontZ Angle 3 Ultra, Raspberry Pi 400, Logitech M510 mouse, Redragon S113 keyboard & mouse, Cherry MX Silent Red keyboard, Cooler Master Devastator II keyboard (not in use), Sennheiser HD4.40BT (not in use)

Retired tech: Apple iPhone XR 256GB in Product(RED), Apple iPhone SE 64GB in Space Grey (2016), iPod Nano 7th Gen in Product(RED), Logitech G533 headset, Logitech G930 headset, Apple AirPods Gen 2 and Gen 3

Trash bin (do not buy): Logitech G935 headset, Logitech G933 headset, Cooler Master Devastator II mouse, Razer Atheris mouse, Chinese off-brand earbuds, anything made by Skullcandy

16 minutes ago, Nikolai_Von_Imhof said:

Oh that is something that would be very interesting to know, see. Especially if Disney buys and trades IPs with Amazon. It would be very interesting to see, especially if say with their Movie Streaming Service you can possibly get to watch more of their exclusive movies on say Amazon, while you can watch every Disney movie on Disney's personal service.

Disney has EOL'd most of their products to Netflix and I think pretty much all of them will return by the middle of 2019. We've known Disney was going to do a full service "soon" for a while, but Amazon already has a full CDN and a huge chunk of IPs. It would strike me as those IPs being the bigger issue for Disney than anything else. If the supposition is correct, then the deal was probably finalized last year, and there's certain side parts to the agreement, as Amazon has to have some actual reason to do the deal.

It is already pretty bad because Twitch is full of Amazon shit. That´s why I barely watch streams there anymore.

5 hours ago, techstorm970 said:

The prequels were terrible (in comparison to the originals)!  Now, the sequels are coming out and they're freaking amazing!

The originals are greatly overrated. The prequels were just as good, if not better in case of 2 and 3, and the sequels are nothing special.

And it's all garbage in comparison to the (older) games and the books.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

7 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

The originals are greatly overrated. The prequels were just as good, if not better in case of 2 and 3, and the sequels are nothing special.

And it's all garbage in comparison to the (older) games and the books.

Umm...No. Ep 1 was abysmal. 2 was "better" but still pretty bad. 3 was okay, but too much was crammed into it and it felt like a mess. The OT isn't perfect but they have held up so well over the decades for a reason. The new movies are.....Okay. Rogue One is probably the best, but the conflicts between director and studio are pretty evident on screen. Eps 7 and 8 are both enjoyable and that's about it.

As for the game and books: Lucas fucked the EU hard. Pretty much everything after the Vong War was shit and Legacy of the Force fucking murdered the EU. Earlier was a mixed bag. Some really good stuff and some really bad stuff, mostly just kind of enjoyable reads. I like the way the old EU took a lot of the characters more than the new movies, so there is that. Game wise, outside of KOTOR I wouldn't see most of the games had good plots so that really isn't a valid argument.

1 minute ago, Derangel said:

The OT isn't perfect but they have held up so well over the decades for a reason

It's called nostalgia.

Ep 1 was abysmal.

No, it wasn't.

2 was ..... still pretty bad

No, it wasn't.

3 was okay, but too much was crammed into it and it felt like a mess.

Not really. It feels like a movie. Not the dragged out shitfest that Episodes 5 and 6 were.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Paul Brothers are pretty well associated with Disney so this gives me the chills !!

I wonder if they're going to encourage youtube Maker network creators to move over. I mean youtube kinda set itself up for something like this to happen lately I was just saying like yesterday that there's no reason why Amazon wouldn't compete with youtube directly, other than they don't. Well now with Disney on board (if this is even real don't get me wrong) maybe that'll change.

-------

Current Rig

-------

7 hours ago, Abyssal Radon said:

Star Wars was bound to torch to the ground, Disney or no Disney involvement.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Nothing good ever came out of Disney. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

1 minute ago, VegetableStu said:
  Hide contents

I dunno, the scenes where General Leia got blown out while the camera stares on, and when Luke got shot at by at-ats while the camera stares on, were pretty intense

Eh true. Snoke's scene was just the most memorable for me lmao

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)