Is it worth it to buy a xbox one?

RonaldMcDank120

I want to buy my sister an xbox one so she can play some games with me(it would be much simpler than building her a computer) but I was wondering is the original xbox one still worth buying?

My favorite restaurant is hooters

1 minute ago, RonaldMcDank120 said:

I want to buy my sister an xbox one so she can play some games with me(it would be much simpler than building her a computer) but I was wondering is the original xbox one still worth buying?

Still works like a console and has all the games on it. If you’re on pc though, there aren’t that many games that support cross play. 

Rx580 Red Devil

Msi b40 tomahawk

Ryzen 5 2600

NZXT H500

Arctic Freezer 33 

EVGA supernova 650 watts 80+ gold

3x WD caviar blue 1tb HDD

1x Corsair SSD

I have a pc, would recommend a pc personally but up to you, if you like to play with controllers and have "limited" features than a pc then go for it.

"I don't know what your problem is, but it seems like you don't like me. Besides, I can't put you in any mood - you put yourself into a 'mood' when you take the little things personally."

Yeah, of course it is. However, if we are looking at original consoles from this generation, I would recommend the PS4. My reasoning is that the PS4 has a majority of the multiplats that the XBox One has and generally it has superior graphics and performance. Plus, the PS4 has WAY more exclusives than the One, mainly RPG games. However, if Halo and Gears mean more to you than the PS4 RPGs, then I'd go for that. 

But of course, if we are talking console refreshes, I recommend the X since it is way more powerful and can do native 4k, in some cases even 4k at 60 fps. Unless of course, again, you really want the PS4 exclusives. But the X is the best way to play multiplats on the console hands down. But you said original XBox anway. I was just throwing this out there.

The truth is, both the PS4 and One have a substantial selection of games to play. The One also is backwards compatible with a good number of 360 games using the original discs.

Honestly, I highly recommend spending the extra money and plopping down $400, regardless of the platform, for the high end model. You will have a much better experience both visually and performance wise when playing not only on a 4k display, but games will even look better on 1080p displays due to super sampling. Of course, the game needs to support the newer hardware. 

If you get the standard One, make sure you get the S for the 4k Blu-ray playback.

Depends what the used market is like where you live. In Vancouver, for example, it makes more sense to buy a new Xbox One S than a used Xbox One. They can be had for a mere $50 more, and you can sell the games that it comes with. You're going to be playing on another console with her? I don't think there are many games you can play cross platform, if any at all.

@Kawaii Koneko The PS4 does have that horrid controller though :P

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

6 hours ago, dizmo said:

Depends what the used market is like where you live. In Vancouver, for example, it makes more sense to buy a new Xbox One S than a used Xbox One. They can be had for a mere $50 more, and you can sell the games that it comes with. You're going to be playing on another console with her? I don't think there are many games you can play cross platform, if any at all.

@Kawaii Koneko The PS4 does have that horrid controller though :P

If you live in a market where a new S cost only $50 more, I agree, buy it new lol,.

I personally think the PS4 controller is pretty good. Not a bad evolution of the Dual Shock controller IMHO. From a comfort standpoint, I actually find it more comfortable than the X controller. With some thumbstick extenders, I find it to be pretty accurate as well.

2 hours ago, Kawaii Koneko said:

If you live in a market where a new S cost only $50 more, I agree, buy it new lol,.

I personally think the PS4 controller is pretty good. Not a bad evolution of the Dual Shock controller IMHO. From a comfort standpoint, I actually find it more comfortable than the X controller. With some thumbstick extenders, I find it to be pretty accurate as well.

I hate the PS4 controller's battery life. If I play something that holds my attention for 4 hours I'm either at or close to one bar and need to recharge it, even with the stupid light dimmed as far as possible. I would much prefer being able to just buy good rechargeable AA batteries like I do with my 360 controller. I have two 1250 mAh batteries in my 360 controller and it lasts forever, meanwhile PS4 controllers only have one lame 1000 mAh battery.

5 hours ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

I hate the PS4 controller's battery life. If I play something that holds my attention for 4 hours I'm either at or close to one bar and need to recharge it, even with the stupid light dimmed as far as possible. I would much prefer being able to just buy good rechargeable AA batteries like I do with my 360 controller. I have two 1250 mAh batteries in my 360 controller and it lasts forever, meanwhile PS4 controllers only have one lame 1000 mAh battery.

Oh, I totally agree with you there. The battery life is a joke with the PS4 controller. It's a huge downgrade compared to the PS3 controller which seemed to last forever lol. I've been meaning to swap in a PS3 battery which pretty much solves the problem.

I'm so tired of having to run an extension cord to where I'm sitting or use a battery pack. 

It's funny that you mention preferring to use AA batteries because I actually see people dis the 360 and One for using AA batteries. They make some dumb comment like "What is this a VCR remote from the 90's?" *Facepalm* Having the option of using AA or a battery pack is a much better option than a non-easily removable battery. Since when is versatility a bad thing?

2 hours ago, Kawaii Koneko said:

Oh, I totally agree with you there. The battery life is a joke with the PS4 controller. It's a huge downgrade compared to the PS3 controller which seemed to last forever lol. I've been meaning to swap in a PS3 battery which pretty much solves the problem.

I'm so tired of having to run an extension cord to where I'm sitting or use a battery pack. 

It's funny that you mention preferring to use AA batteries because I actually see people dis the 360 and One for using AA batteries. They make some dumb comment like "What is this a VCR remote from the 90's?" *Facepalm* Having the option of using AA or a battery pack is a much better option than a non-easily removable battery. Since when is versatility a bad thing?

The PS3 controller battery actually only holds half the charge the PS4 controller battery does. Tells you how much that fucking useless light and useless touchpad add to your controller's power consumption when it has twice as big a battery and lasts 1/4 as long.

On 1/9/2018 at 2:38 PM, HK - 47 said:

Still works like a console and has all the games on it. If you’re on pc though, there aren’t that many games that support cross play. 

I have both.

On 1/9/2018 at 2:40 PM, Krazes said:

I have a pc, would recommend a pc personally but up to you, if you like to play with controllers and have "limited" features than a pc then go for it.

I have a really nice pc that I built its just so its not so complicated for her

On 1/9/2018 at 2:46 PM, Kawaii Koneko said:

Yeah, of course it is. However, if we are looking at original consoles from this generation, I would recommend the PS4. My reasoning is that the PS4 has a majority of the multiplats that the XBox One has and generally it has superior graphics and performance. Plus, the PS4 has WAY more exclusives than the One, mainly RPG games. However, if Halo and Gears mean more to you than the PS4 RPGs, then I'd go for that. 

But of course, if we are talking console refreshes, I recommend the X since it is way more powerful and can do native 4k, in some cases even 4k at 60 fps. Unless of course, again, you really want the PS4 exclusives. But the X is the best way to play multiplats on the console hands down. But you said original XBox anway. I was just throwing this out there.

The truth is, both the PS4 and One have a substantial selection of games to play. The One also is backwards compatible with a good number of 360 games using the original discs.

Honestly, I highly recommend spending the extra money and plopping down $400, regardless of the platform, for the high end model. You will have a much better experience both visually and performance wise when playing not only on a 4k display, but games will even look better on 1080p displays due to super sampling. Of course, the game needs to support the newer hardware. 

If you get the standard One, make sure you get the S for the 4k Blu-ray playback.

The idea is that I already have an xbox and pc

I have an Xbox One X and I'll be honest, it's a beast. I have it plugged in on my 4K monitor and I love it. Not that fussed that I don't get those 120 fps's, to be fair my monitor is only 60hz. I must admit however Rise of The Tomb Raider looks amazing, so does AC Origins and so does Hitman.

I am planning to build a PC one day because it is far better for gaming but it will be a workstation for content creation. I want to splash thousands on it so I can edit videos for clients with better precision and faster rendering and preview times. 

Yours Sincerely,

The Rt Hon. Jimmy

Specs and prices aside, you want to play with your sister? Go for it. Sticks and rock? Sure. Sega? Yeah. Xbox? Absolutely! She'll love it even when you're not around. Xbox doesn't have the library PS4 has, but it's still incredibly versatile and capable system, building itself for both future and past. If you end up going with it, I might be able to dig up both Live Gold and Game Pass trials for her (I'll want some proof, but I'm not offended in any case, I hope you wont be either). Awesome siblings are the best you can hope for in this world. Sounds like you might be one of the truly great ones.

On 1/12/2018 at 4:27 PM, tatte said:

Specs and prices aside, you want to play with your sister? Go for it. Sticks and rock? Sure. Sega? Yeah. Xbox? Absolutely! She'll love it even when you're not around. Xbox doesn't have the library PS4 has, but it's still incredibly versatile and capable system, building itself for both future and past. If you end up going with it, I might be able to dig up both Live Gold and Game Pass trials for her (I'll want some proof, but I'm not offended in any case, I hope you wont be either). Awesome siblings are the best you can hope for in this world. Sounds like you might be one of the truly great ones.

That would be awesome if you had a gold trial, I don't think I would need it as I would game share with her(and I completely understand wanting proof). And ya we are pretty good siblings were only a year apart.