Case That Can Fit Radiator On Top

Nazim Pasa

I will buy a case and I want to get a NZXT Kraken x62. It's radiator thickness is 30 mm and fan thcikness are usually 25 mm. So I want to put them on top. I have a Gigabyte AX370 Gaming 5 motherboard and it has a heatsink on top. I want to get a case that I can fit the radiator and fans on top with no problem. Also I want my case to be tempered glass and have a PSU shroud. Since I am using a P400 I want its cable management to be very good. I researched but couldn't find a case like this. In many case it writes you can fit radiator on top but when you get it it causes problems so i wanna be sure.

CPU: R5 1600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte AX370 Gaming 5 | RAM: Gskill RipjawsV 3200 MHz 2x8 GB Black | Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400 | PSU: EVGA 650 G3 | SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB | Graphics Card: MSI Armor RX 570 4G OC | Wi-Fi Adapter: Asus USB-N14 | Headset: Arctis 5 | Keyboard: Masterkeys Pro L Cherry MX Red | Mouse: Logitech G402 | Mousepad: Logitech G240 | Monitor: Viewsonic XG2700-4K 

The NZXT S340 is a good choice...but, it is a front mount rad case.

Why do you want top mount specifically?

Storm Enforcer 2.0

CPU: I7 Intel 8700k / GPU: EVGA - GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Superclocked ACX 2.0+ / Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-H Gaming / Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200/ Storage: Samsung 850 EVO - 120GB + WD Blue 1TB / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650w G3 / Cooling:  Noctua NH‑D15S / Case: Cooler Master HAF932 Advanced

I want a good airflow in my case. If I install it on front then I won't have any intake. I don't want to use rear or top fans as intake since it won't be so efficient. 

CPU: R5 1600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte AX370 Gaming 5 | RAM: Gskill RipjawsV 3200 MHz 2x8 GB Black | Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400 | PSU: EVGA 650 G3 | SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB | Graphics Card: MSI Armor RX 570 4G OC | Wi-Fi Adapter: Asus USB-N14 | Headset: Arctis 5 | Keyboard: Masterkeys Pro L Cherry MX Red | Mouse: Logitech G402 | Mousepad: Logitech G240 | Monitor: Viewsonic XG2700-4K 

Thanks for replies. I know 540 but I want a tempered glass case.

12 minutes ago, Nazim Pasa said:

I will buy a case and I want to get a NZXT Kraken x62. It's radiator thickness is 30 mm and fan thcikness are usually 25 mm. So I want to put them on top. 

Phanteks Enthoo Pro M TG

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

2 minutes ago, Nazim Pasa said:

I want a good airflow in my case. If I install it on front then I won't have any intake. I don't want to use rear or top fans as intake since it won't be so efficient. 

This is false.

Front mounted radiators can function as intake fans. In some cases they perform only marginally better than a top mounted rad.

Storm Enforcer 2.0

CPU: I7 Intel 8700k / GPU: EVGA - GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Superclocked ACX 2.0+ / Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-H Gaming / Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200/ Storage: Samsung 850 EVO - 120GB + WD Blue 1TB / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650w G3 / Cooling:  Noctua NH‑D15S / Case: Cooler Master HAF932 Advanced

I don't think it is false. I don't want to use my radiators as intake. Fans should be very powerful to pull the air and push it from the radiator in case. Also the air that pasts the radiator would be hot and it will heat my other components. 

@TVwazhere thanks for reply. I love that case, I builded systems with it for my friends but never used a liquid cooler. I'm not sure if I can fit radiator and fans on top.

Just now, Nazim Pasa said:

I don't think it is false. I don't want to use my radiators as intake. Fans should be very powerful to pull the air and push it from the radiator in case. Also the air that pasts the radiator would be hot and it will heat my other components. 

@TVwazhere thanks for reply. I love that case, I builded systems with it for my friends but never used a liquid cooler. I'm not sure if I can fit radiator and fans on top.

The spec sheet on Phanteks's website says you can, but I havent seen anyone do it on pcpartpicker yet, so i'm not 100% sure. I'm fairly confident it will fir though, as the bracket is offset to allow for rads to be placed on top (I had a friend put a 360mm rad in the top of his not that long ago)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Yes, specs can be wrong in pratics. What did your friend used on top? I can see when you use fans there is very little gap. I don't know if i can fit a radiator without touching my heatsink or RAM's. I'm trying to find someone who did it.

15 minutes ago, Nazim Pasa said:

The most common airflow setup is front mounted AIO where the top fan and rear fans exhaust air instead of intaking. This is basic front-to-back airflow and is what is suggested in most cases. In the negative pressure config your CPU will be warmer because the top mounted radiator pulls in the warmer exhaust air from the case. Versus the rad pulling in air from the front which warms other components creating positive pressure.

They both have advantages and disadvantages, but stating front mounted radiators are not as efficient as top mounted is false because of those differences.

Storm Enforcer 2.0

1 minute ago, Nazim Pasa said:

Yes, specs can be wrong in pratics. What did your friend used on top? I can see when you use fans there is very little gap. I don't know if i can fit a radiator without touching my heatsink or RAM's. I'm trying to find someone who did it.

The Fractal Design Celsius S36 (a 360mm rad)

The video shows the distance between 140mm fans and the heat sink on the motherboard used, which is a TUF series and has quite a tall heat sink

image.png.a596a7e330cff04ce02ad312f85469ee.png

@Grimfrost769 I know these pros and cons but since my CPU is liquid cooled I think it's more important to get the graphics card cooled with air. If I put the radiator in front CPU would be cooler right but for graphics card it is not a very good idea.

@TVwazhere that radiators thickness is same as the x62. Also the fan thickness is standart and same too. If it can be fitted with a TUF motherboard I think it can fit with my motherboard too. Thanks. I think I will go with Pro M if I don't find a better case which I don't think I will find.

1 hour ago, Nazim Pasa said:

I don't think it is false. I don't want to use my radiators as intake. Fans should be very powerful to pull the air and push it from the radiator in case. Also the air that pasts the radiator would be hot and it will heat my other components

That's not how it works. The CPU will heat a lot of water a little, and the water will heat a lot of air a little bit. The air entering the case won't be hot enough to make a significant difference. And with a Ryzen, it won't put out that much heat anyway.

:)

You may be right. I looked some more benchmarks and I suppose you are right. Then I will put my radiator in front as an intake. I am still thinking the Enthoo Pro M. Dou you know better cases with good air flow and cable management? I was thinking about Meshify C but Fractal Design isn't selling any components in my country.

2 minutes ago, Nazim Pasa said:

You may be right. I looked some more benchmarks and I suppose you are right. Then I will put my radiator in front as an intake. I am still thinking the Enthoo Pro M. Dou you know better cases with good air flow and cable management? I was thinking about Meshify C but Fractal Design isn't selling any components in my country.

Meshify C is the only alternative I ever recommend to the Enthoo Pro M. Otherwise, this case is hard to beat. There's a few "Air optimized" cases that have Tempered glass options, like the Silver stone RL06, but in my mind the build quality doesnt come close to Fractal Design and Phanteks.

Yes i was thinking like that. Phanteks cases are just amazing. I will go with a Pro M.