Nvidia anounces Nvidia FreeStyle, a Reshade/SweetFX inspired driver.

AdmiralMeowmix

Near the end of the video he talks about Nvidia's Freestyle which can help colorblind players and the lie or create different ones for the games you play. It's basically reshade or sweetfx without having to modify files yourself and downloading a third party plug in to do all your complicated work in. I don't think it'll be as intuitive or in depth as reshade and sweetFX are but it'll be interesting to see the presets people can make with it and how Reshade and SweetFX devs respond to this new feature.

Here's a Kotaku (ugh I know but it was the first one I could fine) article on the subject as well: https://www.kotaku.com.au/2018/01/nvidias-bringing-more-colour-filters-to-your-games/

If gamers wanted to tweak the visuals and colours of a game beyond what was offered through in-game settings, they would often have to resort to third-party tools and injectors. And while the impact could be substantial, the tools could occasionally be tricky to use, and it didn't always work with every game. But now that kind of functionality is being implemented at the driver level, with NVIDIA announcing the release of NVIDIA Freestyle.

Freestyle is basically a new feature within the GeForce Experience (GFE) middleware that lets you toggle a range of post-processing filters, allowing adjustments to details, contrast, depth of field, tone, and other settings.

There's also a night mode that reduces the level of blue colour - similar to the f.lux freeware tool, or the night mode setting most people have on their phone these days - and colourblind modes.

As the article states it confirms my belief that it's basically a simpler Reshade/SweetFX software.

It's not as extensive or as powerful as the combined powers of ReShade and SweetFX third-party tools, but it's also infinitely easier to setup since it's built into the drivers you'll already be using.

Ah yes it isn't as powerful as I thought. EIther way this will definitly be interesting to see and I hope to see more support for a lot of games and even some official dev support from games.

The beta drivers will be available later this week if you opt in for experimental features within GFE.

Edit: Found some more info from Nvidia.

https://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/nvidia-freestyle-fortnite-shadowplay-highlights-new-ansel-ui?nvid=nv-int-gfcsnt-29996

Today, we’re unveiling NVIDIA Freestyle, a way for you to personally customize a game’s appearance through the application of real-time post-processing filters. With Freestyle’s options you can be more creative with your games, adding a retro war-themed filter for your favorite FPS, for example, or enhancing color and contrast to make a game look more photorealistic. Or maybe you’re color-blind, like me, and want to make a style that makes it easier to differentiate between colors and see key features.

You can even use night mode, which reduces the amount of blue light emitted, so you can get to sleep easier after a night of gaming.

All of Freestyle’s functions are easily applied through an in-game overlay, accessed by pressing “Alt+F3” in supported titles. There are 15 available filters, 38 different settings, and many possible combinations, enabling you to create a truly unique look for your gameplay with just a few clicks.

I do really enjoy this idea and I hope more titles are support and more options are added in.

Sounds like you could use a filter to gain an advantage in competetive games by making targets stand out more? I'll have to see it in action I guess!

I got excited to read Free, cause I was hoping for Freesync, guess not.

3 hours ago, sannukas0016 said:

This is actually pretty cool. I'm a big fan of Ansel and games that have built in photomode. Ansel finally having dept of field options is rad.

Yeah it's cool that Ansel is also getting updated with the same effects and filters. Definitely will make for some epic screenshots!

>Battlefield 3

To get rid of all the blue.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

So it's now available for beta testing and I tested it out in Shadow of War and wow it really can make some cool things. Just increasing sharpening, clarity, and lowering HDR tones a bit the game looks so much better and less blurry. I definitely can't wait to see what else it can do when it's full and finished.

Eh, if night mode is just turn the screen more orange it's not any point, you can already do that in win 10 itself or with programs like flux

Also, haven't you been able to change stuff like saturation and contrast in Nvidia driver before now? you can do that in AMD driver for a while. Not spesific effect or something tho.

Edit:

Nvm. This is in game in and it have been like on screen not directly in game

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking