hybrid 1080ti's. Can you add that to a custom WC loop?

Selah
3 minutes ago, Selah said:

I think i'm set on the heatkiller since tests show it performs best and I'd still be able to cool more than just the core. Thanks for all of the assistance Damascus, you've been a real help. The build will be logged in 1-2 months (depending on when my desk is finished), I'll be sure to give you a shoutout then.

Looking forward to it, this thread has actually made me interested in doing one as well, maybe a 2070/2080/2080 ti/1080 ti will be getting the same treatment :P

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

8 minutes ago, Damascus said:

Looking forward to it, this thread has actually made me interested in doing one as well, maybe a 2070/2080/2080 ti/1080 ti will be getting the same treatment :P

That's another thing, I've looked online but can't find any documentation on the timeline for the new gpu releases. I know i'm maybe a year or so away?

2 minutes ago, Selah said:

That's another thing, I've looked online but can't find any documentation on the timeline for the new gpu releases. I know i'm maybe a year or so away?

About 4-8 months, though that's totally in the air.  Nvidia may announce something solid in CES

46 minutes ago, Damascus said:

About 4-8 months, though that's totally in the air.  Nvidia may announce something solid in CES

Hmm. I can finish the build and mount my 1080 and just keep it out of the wc loop and then upgrade when the time comes. Thanks. Rumors say the same thing sorta. Here's hoping it's the 4 months.

On 1/1/2018 at 12:22 AM, Selah said:

That's not scientific at all.

And here's some science.

Whenever you mix different types of metals, there will be an ion exchange that could could potentially corrode your waterblocks and even cause the coolant to become electronically charged. When it comes to mixing Copper/Nickel/Bronze, the effect is negligible. The only time this is really important is when you're using Aluminum components. Mixing Copper/Nickel/Bronze with Aluminum is a terrible idea.

The evga hybrid block appears to be sourced by the same units corsair uses... so a copper/nickel hybrid. How's that mixing improper metals?

fyi, i wouldn't be using an adapter to hardtubing. I'd replace tubing entirely. I cannot find any source of a completely deconstructed evga hybrid card so I cannot find out what kind of connectors they use for the pump-tubing.

Not potentially. They WILL cause corrosion very very fast too.

Build:                                                                          

Intel Core I7 6700k (clocked to 4.6ghz)

Patriot Viper 3000mhz ddr4

ASUS maximus 8 hero (I hate this mobo)

Evga gtx 1080 superclocked

250GB Samsung 850 evo

2tb WD Black 7200rpm

Ek watercooling kit a240g with 360 expansion pack

Primochill Vue Red fluid

Corsair Graphite 600t (white)

You thought "Gee, Donald Trump sure has a great build!"

11 minutes ago, DarthSmartt said:

Not potentially. They WILL cause corrosion very very fast too.

That's science I learned as a mechanic. I'm not wrong. It depends on the properties of the coolant itself being used and whether or not that efficiently carries/allows ionic interchange (Mostly water being used vs. Salinic solution vs. other methods). The rate of decay is also determined by the purity and mixture of metals used because that effects the equation for ionization and it's charge interchange.

1 hour ago, Selah said:

Hmm. I can finish the build and mount my 1080 and just keep it out of the wc loop and then upgrade when the time comes. Thanks. Rumors say the same thing sorta. Here's hoping it's the 4 months.

You could use it as a test run, the great thing about universal blocks is well, they're universal.  Then apply the same technique to a 2080/2080 ti