AMD vs INTEL build price / performance comparison

After doing some research and with the help of some great people we came to the conclusion there are two possible builds that could work for my needs. 

One Intel build see the link: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/DKQqYr 

and one AMD build see link: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/zKTCBP

But there are still a few things i am not sure about and some second opinions would help a lot :) 

At first the AMD build is around 200 dollar cheaper which is great. Mostly because of the reduced price of the CPU and the cheaper motherboard. 

So i was wondering what causes this price drop for the CPU, and the motherboard? I am mostly confused by the drop in price for the motherboard, because i have no idea why this AMD compatible motherboard is 80 dollars cheaper then that of the Intel version. 

And since i am not planning on upgrading my rig in the next 2 years would it be more useful to save the 200 in the AMD build and upgrade the CPU and the motherboard in 4-5 years with the saved money + a bit more? 

And is does AMD work well the Nvidia graphics cards + other components? 

What would be the best option for the next 5 years, performance and bang for buck and quality of components wise? 

And if you have a totally different suggestion please don't hesitate to tell :) 

the 8700K CPU performs better at almost everything, its two cores down on the 1700x but has a massive advantage in frequency and a small advantage in IPC as well. AMD will be launching new AM4 compatible CPUs soon, something like february so id personally hold out or get a cheaper SKU if you want to go for the AMD build. 

the reason the AMD CPU is much chepaer is because Intel tax but also because AMD have extremely good sucess rates on their zeplin dies(an R7 chip is a full Zeplin die) at 80% and they are also going for value, putting less of a markup on their CPUs. the motherboards are hardly compareable as well, the Z370 board is full of lighting and stuff which isnt there on the ASUS board.

id get a cheaper CPU for the AMD build, like the R5 1600 and no cooler and wait for Zen + which is comming in the first half of next year or get the Intel build.

AMD work fine with NVIDIA, no problems there

impossible to say for sure, but if i had to bet id say the Intel system will be better off in 5 years seeing as its ahead today and not down much in core count

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

thanks for the in depth explanation :) 

If i want to save a bit of money on the intel motherboard could you recommend me an alternative that is a bit cheaper?And that doesn't bottleneck or has any incompatibilities. 

Or would you recommend to stick with the current choice because it is a goof board for the price?

Motherboards using the same chipset tend to have fairly close performance numbers. Typically they are within +/-5% of each other.

With the current bling trend, more expensive motherboards usually offer more and fancier LED lighting. They also motherboards tend to have other additional features and/or use better components. Power distribution circuitry is another distinguishing feature. More expensive usually boards have much better powerhandling components. This means they tend to be better at overclocking. 

AMD cpu and chipsets are less capable. But part of the pricing discrepancy is the disparity in market share. AMD is forced to offer chipsets and cpu at lower prices to improve sales. Lower chipset prices leads to lower motherboard costs. 

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.