Steam key already installed ........wtf

kizoku_95

I just bought MW3 for my brother.

Tried to install on the pc and what the f do i see "invalid key ,this key has already been entered on another computer ! " f@#k

How has this happened when the dvd i bought was brand new ????

This makes me regret why i bought this game ?? Now i am in trouble.... What do i do now.

Maybe buying games is what i never should have done

Should have just pirated this f'ing game.

Lately steam is just become my enemy!

What can i do ....pls help

FX 6300 @ 4.2 Gigahurtz 1.325V ,  ASRock 970 Extreme 4 mobo  ,  Kingston Hyperx Blu 2X4GB @1600Mhz  , Asus GTX 960 DCU ii Black OC  , Hyper 212 Evo , Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB , WD 1 TB caviar Green , Xonar DG sound card , Seasonic M12ii Evo 620W PSU , Corsair 200R case ,4 random case fans.

was it an open box? ive heard p[eople taking pictures of the cd keys and puttng them back on the shelf walking out not shoplifing but they get the key. also why not just buy it directly form steam?

Main Rig: CPU: 3570k Mobo: ga-z77x-ud5h-wb :RAM: 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 :gpu crossfire amd 290's Case: zalman z9 plus Cooler: h80i p/p SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb wd green 4tb seagate desktop                                              

Girlfirends: CPU: 8350 Mobo 990fxa-ud3 Ram 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 gpu: his 7850 case: inwin dragon rider SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb seagate                                                                                                                                         

You sure you entered it correctly? Maybe some letters or numbers look like others.

was it an open box? ive heard p[eople taking pictures of the cd keys and puttng them back on the shelf walking out not shoplifing but they get the key. also why not just buy it directly form steam?

Totally sealed & bought online for Rs 1200= ~20$.

FX 6300 @ 4.2 Gigahurtz 1.325V ,  ASRock 970 Extreme 4 mobo  ,  Kingston Hyperx Blu 2X4GB @1600Mhz  , Asus GTX 960 DCU ii Black OC  , Hyper 212 Evo , Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB , WD 1 TB caviar Green , Xonar DG sound card , Seasonic M12ii Evo 620W PSU , Corsair 200R case ,4 random case fans.

You sure you entered it correctly? Maybe some letters or numbers look like others.

I checked it properly.

Entered many times but its the same already installed BS

You bought it online? Ebay? Many people selling already redeemed codes out there.

However a friend of mine bought a retail copy of F.E.A.R 2 from a local big chain and had the same problem. He contacted steam support, they asked for a photocopy of the box and receipt and fixed it up for him.

well the same thing happend me so i went back and got a new one but when i came home  it was loding and i had a free copy xD hmm might do a give away

Contact steam. They'll reply you quite quickly. Although i'll tell you first, in a sealed case an invalid key very seldom occurs. The last time this happened to me turns out my U became a V cause they looked the same. I have over 100 games about half retail and I never had CD key issues.

Nonethless, contact steam if you really think you got it wrong.

•  i7 4770k @4.5ghz 1.248v • Noctua NHD14  •  ASUS MAXIMUS VI Hero •  Asus STIRIX 980 Ti •

•  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16Gb  •  Samsung 840 250gb + Samsung 1TB 7200RPM •  BenQ XL2430T 144Hz  •

•  Fractal Design R4  •  CoolerMaster GX650 80+ •  Razer Deathadder Chroma  •  Filco Ninja 2 Red  •  HD600/HE-4/ Fiio E17  • 

When my brother bought me black ops II retail for PC, the box had a game key and dlc keys, then the receipt had different game key and different DLC key printed on it. Fair to say, a very lucky twitch viewer got a free game and dlc.

Game sucked though :/

Contact steam using a support ticket, they help swiftly with these sorts of problems.

from which site did you buy? Flipkart, Snapdeal or Game4u?

Edit: Ahh... i didn't notice you got the game from steam well guess we Indians get ripped off everywhere.

Its from flipkart.

then contact them about the issue.

Contacted them after 20 mins of receiving the product!

They told me that they have taken down a complaint and will contact me within 24 hrs !

God knows now what will happen.........

From experience: Steam will sometimes redeem a key even if it cant load up Steam itself. I had it happen with Fallout New Vegas. This was when it first came out, I had a laptop that just cut in on the minimum specs. I went and bought the game from EB and asked them if it didnt work if I could bring it back, they agreed. When I went home and tried to install it, Steam sat there for a few hours trying to validate the key, but steam itself wouldnt actually open so I couldnt even play the game.

So I took it back later that day and gave up on Steam. Then when I built my gaming computer like a year or so later and Jae atempted to convince me Steam isnt bad I noticed FNV was listed in my Steam library. So somehow Steam activated the key even though Steam never even opened...It couldnt even validate my account to activate the key against it.

Sooooo something like this could have happened and that key was never replaced???? Its a long shot but silly stuff happens sometimes.

This is a Steamworks title? It's a physical Steam key?

Contact Steam Support, explain the situation that you bought the game 100% brand new from the site, say you have the physical CD-key on-hand and they will be able to see who activated the key and will more than likely diffuse the situation. Obviously the store either sold you a used copy, or some guy exploited a system and was able to get keys that weren't used yet and activate them himself.

The real tragedy is you paid $20 for that game.

Thats the main issue !!!

My monay ..

This is a Steamworks title? It's a physical Steam key?

Contact Steam Support, explain the situation that you bought the game 100% brand new from the site, say you have the physical CD-key on-hand and they will be able to see who activated the key and will more than likely diffuse the situation. Obviously the store either sold you a used copy, or some guy exploited a system and was able to get keys that weren't used yet and activate them himself.

I contacted steam and have specified everything you are telling me to do already and have recived an email saying they will respond to me via email !!

Still waiting for email from them.

Too many emails.hahahaha

I contacted steam and have specified everything you are telling me to do already and have recived an email saying they will respond to me via email !!

Still waiting for email from them.

Too many emails.hahahaha

Congrats, keep us updated on the situation.

No response yet from the steam support !

No response yet from the steam support !

Their support is generally very slow. I wouldn't expect to hear from them until 72h~ after lodging the support ticket.

Their support is generally very slow. I wouldn't expect to hear from them until 72h~ after lodging the support ticket.

Thanks foe the info......

Now i dont have to chech my mail every 5 mins!!!!

My retailer has agreed to replace my game copy and give me a new one !

My retailer has agreed to replace my game copy and give me a new one !

YAY!!

------------------------------------------------------I HAZ SHINY----------------------------------------------------------