Why is diablo 3 a really bad game?

mrchow19910319

I remembered a few years ago I purchased it because the hype was pretty high. 

People posting pics that a lot of gamers line up outside of game shops just to wait for the release. 

Then I bought it, played it with my friends a few times, realised that this isn't a game for me... 

Too repetitive, you go to place A , kill all the monster, then go to place B. Rinse and repeat.

The only thing you got is to level up and up your skill trees. So you deal more damage. Also not even mentioning "picking up " all the loot from the ground...

Then you need to choose which to store.. which to sell, which doesn't have any value so you just leave it there...

So for people who LIKE this type of games, why is Diablo 3 considered bad? What's the difference between 3 and 2 ? 

And why is 2 a god like game? 

Can someone explain it to me? 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

3 started off very rough.  It had horrible drop rates that pretty much forced people into using the auction system (which works well for a game like WoW).  The art style was too cartoonish like wow for most people.  I like WoW's style (for WoW) but I preferred the grittiness to D2 for a Diablo game.  Item drops in D3 just didn't feel as exciting, I don't know if there were many memorable items like picking up something like Arcane's Valor in D2.  Diablo 3 got better as they patched it up and added the expansion.  They added the rift system which gave you randomized levels to add to the replay value.

What made D2 shine?

Much better talent trees that really made you choose carefully how you built your character and you could choose from 3 talent trees so that not all characters of the same class were the same..

Damage (or DPS) wasn't everything.  You could be a powerful Ice Sorceress but end up fighting waves of Ice immune enemies which leads to the next point.

Characters truly complimented each other.  The necromancer could build a powerful support army of skeletons, your paladin could buff them up with his auras, your amazon could hang back and spray arrows are the enemies while your barbarian jumped into the fray.  When your ice sorc couldn't hurt the ice immune enemies they fire sorc would burn them to hell.

The artstyle of the game gave it a certain charm that was completely lost when D3 was made.

1 hour ago, Majinhoju said:

i see. my main character is level 5... lol. also after a while my account got stolen... then a few years later, whoever stole it change my password back to the original one. LOL.... I just realised that if you play this game while having some chill gaming stream at the back ground it is the best way to just relax and chill. 

I still think Diablo 3 is a fun game.  I've played mostly everything except for the Necromancer DLC content (not sure if it was just a class or if they added actual content).  But Diablo2 still holds the crown for me.  I've played d2 on and off since the game was released.  I sank many and I mean many hours into back in the day.

I'm catually hoping to get the wife and a couple other online gaming buddies on board with giving D2 another go.

I thought it was fun, for a single play through of the storyline and then maybe a couple hours of adventure mode. But past that, you do hit the grind hard where you basically just play to get better gear to play on higher difficulty, to get better gear... 

I had more fun playing it with a friend. Then said friend stopped playing and it got boring.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

It started off rough in many ways that you describe.  But so did d2.  

Since the expansion it's been pretty solid.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

the thing with diablo is... diablo is diablo... no matter the number... just a few tweaks and addons, better gfx... but the game is still the same... 

It gets quite boring and repetitive after a while... 

Main System:

Anghammarad : Asrock Taichi x570, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @4900 MHz. 32 GB DDR4 3600, some NVME SSDs, Gainward Phoenix RTX 3070TI

System 2 "Igluna" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

System 3 "Inskah" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

On the Road: Acer Aspire 5 Model A515-51G-54FD, Intel Core i5 7200U, 8 GB DDR4 Ram, 120 GB SSD, 1 TB SSD, Intel CPU GFX and Nvidia MX 150, Full HD IPS display

Media System "Vio": Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5700X, 64 GB Ram DDR4 3200 Mushkin, 1 275 GB Crucial MX SSD, 1 tb Crucial MX500 SSD. IBM 5015 Megaraid, 4 Seagate Ironwolf 4TB HDD in raid 5, 4 WD RED 4 tb in another Raid 5, Gainward Phoenix GTX 1060

(Abit Fatal1ty FP9 IN SLI, C2Duo E8400, 6 GB Ram DDR2 800, far too less diskspace, Gainward Phantom 560 GTX broken need fixing)

Nostalgia: Amiga 1200, Tower Build, CPU/FPU/MMU 68EC020, 68030, 68882 @50 Mhz, 10 MByte ram (2 MB Chip, 8 MB Fast), Fast SCSI II, 2 CDRoms, 2 1 GB SCSI II IBM Harddrives, 512 MB Quantum Lightning HDD, self soldered Sync changer to attach VGA displays, WLAN

12 hours ago, mrchow19910319 said:

So for people who LIKE this type of games, why is Diablo 3 considered bad? What's the difference between 3 and 2 ? 

And why is 2 a god like game? 

Can someone explain it to me? 

I liked diablo 2 a lot, but I admit it is repetitive and I cant justify WHY I liked it so much.

I guess it has to do with when it was launched, it was a new style, nowadays its just common ground. Also at the time games werent so complex, so for comparison the game was not THAT repetitive. 

And the 2 is better than the 3 because they are almost the same, but 3 has improved graphics but a worse map and skills... In my opinion ofc.

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

2 hours ago, Anghammarad said:

It gets quite boring and repetitive after a while... 

haha it really does. i used to hate game like this,,, after i bought it i didnt play it for very long

then today i kind of picked it back up and surprisingly got sucked into it. after a day of playing i got to level 27. but at this point it starts to feels like a grind already... a lot of monsters and creatures on the screen i dont even know where my character is... 

Are you playing alone or with someone?  I found playing with friends really made the game a lot more fun.

At first I wrote a long reply to this, but then I realized I did't want that much of an argument.  So, let me just say this: much of D2's "goodness" is rose-colored glasses (it was 16 years ago).  Just think back to all of the times that game infuriated you (Duriel? Stash space? inventory management? How about refilling your belt with potions after you die?).

D3 is pretty good now, much better than at launch, and I don't have to play it with Jamella's editor or avoid certain patches to make it enjoyable.

6 hours ago, Majinhoju said:

Are you playing alone or with someone?  I found playing with friends really made the game a lot more fun.

im playing alone. and i normally just open another stream  in the background (DansGaming) and mute the game itself and just brainless grind. lol. 

4 hours ago, GamingMemeKing said:

What ruined it for me though was the fact I was gifted some amazing armor and sword with 28K+ dmg and loads of attack speed. - it was fun for a week but ruined the game and took the fun out of it. 

so someone gave you an op item and instead of feeling your character is so op now it kinds of ruined it for you?? interesting...

On 12/18/2017 at 8:14 AM, Majinhoju said:

3 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

7 hours ago, GamingMemeKing said:

23 hours ago, TetraSky said:

sometimes in game you can have the option of having other people fight with you,.,, sometimes a bandit sometimes people you've helped. do you let them??? I now have someone fight besides me and I feel that he does do a lot of work for me... im the wizard and hes a melee fighter... helped me tanked a lot of damage since I only stand far behind the crowd and cast spells. 

also when playing wizard, which is more important if choose a weapon?

heal or damage or tenacity. I choose heal now... 

35 minutes ago, mrchow19910319 said:

sometimes in game you can have the option of having other people fight with you,.,, sometimes a bandit sometimes people you've helped. do you let them??? I now have someone fight besides me and I feel that he does do a lot of work for me... im the wizard and hes a melee fighter... helped me tanked a lot of damage since I only stand far behind the crowd and cast spells. 

also when playing wizard, which is more important if choose a weapon?

heal or damage or tenacity. I choose heal now... 

You mean the mercenaries type people, that have an avatar in the top left of the screen? If so, you can customize their equipment a little, by clicking on that avatar, making them even stronger.

They are quite useful and their support spells can really help you out of a bind. I don't think they can die either so you can basically just ignore them entirely and go on a rampage.

As for weapon as a Wizard... I went all in with Damage, just so I could murderize everything in my path with a death laser of doom(Disintegrate, with items that reduce arcane usage of it, basically letting me spam it infinitely).

I'm trying to switch to a different "build"(Archon), but I never found the items needed for it... My current setup lasted me up to Torment 9, but after that, I hit a wall and couldn't continue without dying nearly instantly to even regular mobs. Yay paper thin defense.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

8 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

If so, you can customize their equipment a little, by clicking on that avatar, making them even stronger.

They are quite useful and their support spells can really help you out of a bind. I don't think they can die either so you can basically just ignore them entirely and go on a rampage.

As for weapon as a Wizard... I went all in with Damage, just so I could murderize everything in my path with a death laser of doom(Disintegrate, with items that reduce arcane usage of it, basically letting me spam it infinitely).

yeah, I did customize their abilities like give me a shield when I am near death or something, now am at 

• damage: 444
  • tenacity: 16000
  • recover: 3279

when I get hit by mini boss, my health bar is gonna tank for sure but it recovers really fast... 

anyway thanks for the info! 

7 hours ago, mrchow19910319 said:

yeah, I did customize their abilities like give me a shield when I am near death or something, now am at 

• damage: 444
  • tenacity: 16000
  • recover: 3279

when I get hit by mini boss, my health bar is gonna tank for sure but it recovers really fast... 

anyway thanks for the info! 

Actually, I lied, sorry. Thought for sure I had gone for damage... turns out it's actually Toughness... (that's what I get for not checking to make sure... this is what happens when you haven't played a game in months)
jEUOSW6.png

3 hours ago, TetraSky said:

i see. thanks! 

its not a bad game.  it was pretty bad when it came out though, but with the release of Reaper of Souls and Loot 2.0, the quality of the game increased dramatically.

i got to about 900paragon this season before i stopped.  

the big thing to remember is that the game doesnt start until you hit level 70.

Diablo 2 was great because at the time, it was really the only game like it. it was dark, had a good story and a skill tree that allowed you to play a wide variety of different ways.

as much as i love D2(several thousand hours in and i still play it occasionally) its not as good as people think it is. nostalgia is a hell of a drug

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

24 minutes ago, Tsuki said:

nostalgia is a hell of a drug

agreed. 

25 minutes ago, Tsuki said:

the big thing to remember is that the game doesnt start until you hit level 70.

why is that ? im n ew to this game, just hit level 34. i thought I just mindlessly farm monster and that's all there is to it. 

15 hours ago, mrchow19910319 said:

why is that ? im new to this game, just hit level 34. i thought I just mindlessly farm monster and that's all there is to it. 

first time through is good to just play through the story.  once you hit 70, you actually have access to all your skills, and the ability to wear set armor, which is where most of your damage will come from.

and 70 is when you start doing rifts for gear, bounties for materials, and pushing greater rifts.

if you want to add me in game, you're more than welcome, ill run with you when im not at work  TsukiNaito#1198

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

32 minutes ago, Tsuki said:

first time through is good to just play through the story.  once you hit 70, you actually have access to all your skills, and the ability to wear set armor, which is where most of your damage will come from.

and 70 is when you start doing rifts for gear, bounties for materials, and pushing greater rifts.

if you want to add me in game, you're more than welcome, ill run with you when im not at work  TsukiNaito#1198

hey thank you for the offering! but i am playing in asia server so... and there is a time difference...unless you are too from asia.. thanks anyway! 

4 minutes ago, mrchow19910319 said:

hey thank you for the offering! but i am playing in asia server so... and there is a time difference...unless you are too from asia.. thanks anyway! 

time difference isnt a big deal for me(i work nights anyways), but im on US servers so that wouldnt work too well lol

|Specs in profile|

1 minute ago, Tsuki said:

time difference isnt a big deal for me(i work nights anyways), but im on US servers so that wouldnt work too well lol

yup yup. xD